Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Give us crowns options for op pets

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
I am sick of being cooped up in the Pet pavilion when I should be in Empyrea but no I heard OP pets are required in Empyrea. I swear being cooped up here is driving me crazy why bother having my membership if I can't use it to play Empyrea! Seriously you gave my life pet balance assailant, like what the heck?!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I don't think the game intentionally allowed your pet to learn an unwanted talent.

Pets fail, it happens. Most of us can relate to this and understand the immediate frustration that comes with this.

And, again, no one is forcing you to raise your pet; sure, the bonus is currently on-going, but you can freely quest.

But, what I do recommend though is that you've backup pets to hatch with for the very same reason you just unfortunately experienced.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
zachshock on Jan 24, 2019 wrote:
I am sick of being cooped up in the Pet pavilion when I should be in Empyrea but no I heard OP pets are required in Empyrea. I swear being cooped up here is driving me crazy why bother having my membership if I can't use it to play Empyrea! Seriously you gave my life pet balance assailant, like what the heck?!
A few myths about pets:

1. We need an OP pet - this is not true. While an OP pet will help there are many pets that are helpful even if they're not 'perfect'...and we don't actually need a pet at all. Use the best you have and work on improving it WHILE you quest and enjoy your journey

2. People with OP pets 'got lucky' - nope, they put in lots of hatches and training to get a good pet. While it is quicker and easier if we hatch with something OP, it is very unlikely to only take one or two hatches to make an OP baby. Hatching is a process...don't feel bad that it doesn't all come together immediately.

3. All my pets 'fail' - many of those 'fails' are still upgrades from the pet we used. They are valuable 'between' pets that will help you achieve your goal. Only take a 'between' pet to adult then use it to hatch again. If the stats are improved (the numbers next to the strength, intellect, agility etc) and the pool has changed to include some of the desired talents, even if it appears to have 'failed it could be a valuable 'between' pet

Some truths about pets:

1. Pets are a side activity and meant to be a FUN way to boost stats and have a companion for our journey.
2. We can benefit from and love a pet that isn't perfect. Improving our pets can be fun and rewarding.
3. There are strategies to the hatching process that can improve your chances of getting what you want...there are also people who love to help people understand the process and optimise their chances.
4. There are also lots of amazing pets that owners WANT to share with you and help you to copy.

My thoughts:

Please don't feel trapped in Pet Pavilion - ignore whoever said you can't do Empyrea without an OP pet and go enjoy your questing! Pop into the Pet Pavilion when you have the resources and feel like doing some work on your pet.

Let us know what you're looking for so we can help! I'm happy to put pets into the kiosk for you and help you with the process to get a cool pet

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Star Edward on Jan 25, 2019 wrote:
I don't think the game intentionally allowed your pet to learn an unwanted talent.

Pets fail, it happens. Most of us can relate to this and understand the immediate frustration that comes with this.

And, again, no one is forcing you to raise your pet; sure, the bonus is currently on-going, but you can freely quest.

But, what I do recommend though is that you've backup pets to hatch with for the very same reason you just unfortunately experienced.

But I heard you NEED OP pets for fighting the final boss of Empyrea part 2

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
zachshock on Jan 26, 2019 wrote:
It is recommenced you have a decent pet to fight the final boss of Empyrea part 2. OP pets are a humongous help for battling but, it not like it so needed you will die without an OP pet. Having good gear (Darkmoor, Exalted Dungeons, Cabal, and Paradox) is what will save you in the fight. Also having a wizard that can heal really well is what needed for the fight.

Having an OP pet is not going to save you from the Titan OP attack. It will just make you slightly harder to kill.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Kyuubi reborn on Feb 5, 2019 wrote:
It is recommenced you have a decent pet to fight the final boss of Empyrea part 2. OP pets are a humongous help for battling but, it not like it so needed you will die without an OP pet. Having good gear (Darkmoor, Exalted Dungeons, Cabal, and Paradox) is what will save you in the fight. Also having a wizard that can heal really well is what needed for the fight.

Having an OP pet is not going to save you from the Titan OP attack. It will just make you slightly harder to kill.
People in Empyrea have abandoned me after using team because I don't have an op pet. -.-

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Jan 26, 2019 wrote:
A few myths about pets:

1. We need an OP pet - this is not true. While an OP pet will help there are many pets that are helpful even if they're not 'perfect'...and we don't actually need a pet at all. Use the best you have and work on improving it WHILE you quest and enjoy your journey

2. People with OP pets 'got lucky' - nope, they put in lots of hatches and training to get a good pet. While it is quicker and easier if we hatch with something OP, it is very unlikely to only take one or two hatches to make an OP baby. Hatching is a process...don't feel bad that it doesn't all come together immediately.

3. All my pets 'fail' - many of those 'fails' are still upgrades from the pet we used. They are valuable 'between' pets that will help you achieve your goal. Only take a 'between' pet to adult then use it to hatch again. If the stats are improved (the numbers next to the strength, intellect, agility etc) and the pool has changed to include some of the desired talents, even if it appears to have 'failed it could be a valuable 'between' pet

Some truths about pets:

1. Pets are a side activity and meant to be a FUN way to boost stats and have a companion for our journey.
2. We can benefit from and love a pet that isn't perfect. Improving our pets can be fun and rewarding.
3. There are strategies to the hatching process that can improve your chances of getting what you want...there are also people who love to help people understand the process and optimise their chances.
4. There are also lots of amazing pets that owners WANT to share with you and help you to copy.

My thoughts:

Please don't feel trapped in Pet Pavilion - ignore whoever said you can't do Empyrea without an OP pet and go enjoy your questing! Pop into the Pet Pavilion when you have the resources and feel like doing some work on your pet.

Let us know what you're looking for so we can help! I'm happy to put pets into the kiosk for you and help you with the process to get a cool pet
Fun and rewarding?! I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN ONE!

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
A few things to remember.
  • Pets are not necessarily needed. They can be both useful and a hinderance.
  • Pets talents are relatively easy to get. They just require hard work and motivation.There is a very excellent guide on Ravenwood Academy. I believe it’s called the piggle method
  • Training pets are optional and I agree with Victoria. It’s both fun to train them, and rewarding when you do it! I love training my pets crit and damage talents!

I find it very unlikely someone would abandon you zackshock because you don’t have an op pet. My normal pets give mana and accuracy. I just recently got an OP pet. But before, people would encourage and help me. Not leave me. When someone leaves you, that is because they are to lazy to work for a reward. Instead they want an “OP” team, that takes like 30 minutes to do, ex darkmoor.

“That worth having, is worth working for”

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Feb 8, 2019 wrote:
A few things to remember.
  • Pets are not necessarily needed. They can be both useful and a hinderance.
  • Pets talents are relatively easy to get. They just require hard work and motivation.There is a very excellent guide on Ravenwood Academy. I believe it’s called the piggle method
  • Training pets are optional and I agree with Victoria. It’s both fun to train them, and rewarding when you do it! I love training my pets crit and damage talents!

I find it very unlikely someone would abandon you zackshock because you don’t have an op pet. My normal pets give mana and accuracy. I just recently got an OP pet. But before, people would encourage and help me. Not leave me. When someone leaves you, that is because they are to lazy to work for a reward. Instead they want an “OP” team, that takes like 30 minutes to do, ex darkmoor.

“That worth having, is worth working for”
Believe it or not yes people do leave me for not having an OP pet. and all my pets there is no point in raising pets anymore all they do is fail fail and fail

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
zachshock on Feb 9, 2019 wrote:
Believe it or not yes people do leave me for not having an OP pet. and all my pets there is no point in raising pets anymore all they do is fail fail and fail
Are you using the hatch making kiosk? Because if you are you would eventually get a good pet..

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
zachshock on Jan 26, 2019 wrote:
You definitely don’t need them. It is just recommended.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
then that's THEIR problem and not yours. You can't cater to what other people want or their play style. You could have YOUR idea of a perfect pet and somebody will ALWAYS trash it. They'll trash your stats, your gear, your looks, your name, your play style etc. However, these are not the bulk of players, they're just the ones we tend to remember.

I remember somebody calling me "dome" (aka dumb) for putting out a DoT when he was going to place backdraft. The funny thing is, HE chose his spell AFTER I chose mine (that is, it LOOKED that way from my perspective - I know the game can look differently for 2 people playing at the same time), then yelled at me for HIS not paying attention. With a little communication, like saying, "I'm using backdraft, dont use a DoT", the situation could have been avoided. he kept calling me "dome" until the fight was over, and I laughed at him for his word choice to get around the chat filter, cause it made him sound really "dome" himself :P

Play your way. If you need help, you CAN find people willing to help without being judgemental. Perhaps try to find a facebook group that appears to be aligned to how you play. I know I've ben mentioning this a lot lately, facebook groups, but it worked for me. I won't advertise the group I'm in, but I found one that caters to how I play, so I know there are groups out there. Our group has a ton of different playing styles, and many people with a wealth of information. This forum is good, but it does NOT work as well as an offsite group due to the delay in posting due to moderation.

If we teamed up, my only concern is, can you hold your end of the fight? I dont care about your pet, or gear, or any of that. I'm Im teaming up with you, you get "your half" and I'll get mine. That means different things in different situations. Are you a healer? Ok, keep me alive while I stack and kill. Are you offensive? Kewl, stack and hit getting at least half the damage of the monsters. Can you do more than one thing? Kewl, do your thing, but make sure we're both alive at the end of the fight. The same goes with me. We're a TEAM and we win together, or die together.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
dayerider on Feb 11, 2019 wrote:
then that's THEIR problem and not yours. You can't cater to what other people want or their play style. You could have YOUR idea of a perfect pet and somebody will ALWAYS trash it. They'll trash your stats, your gear, your looks, your name, your play style etc. However, these are not the bulk of players, they're just the ones we tend to remember.

I remember somebody calling me "dome" (aka dumb) for putting out a DoT when he was going to place backdraft. The funny thing is, HE chose his spell AFTER I chose mine (that is, it LOOKED that way from my perspective - I know the game can look differently for 2 people playing at the same time), then yelled at me for HIS not paying attention. With a little communication, like saying, "I'm using backdraft, dont use a DoT", the situation could have been avoided. he kept calling me "dome" until the fight was over, and I laughed at him for his word choice to get around the chat filter, cause it made him sound really "dome" himself :P

Play your way. If you need help, you CAN find people willing to help without being judgemental. Perhaps try to find a facebook group that appears to be aligned to how you play. I know I've ben mentioning this a lot lately, facebook groups, but it worked for me. I won't advertise the group I'm in, but I found one that caters to how I play, so I know there are groups out there. Our group has a ton of different playing styles, and many people with a wealth of information. This forum is good, but it does NOT work as well as an offsite group due to the delay in posting due to moderation.

If we teamed up, my only concern is, can you hold your end of the fight? I dont care about your pet, or gear, or any of that. I'm Im teaming up with you, you get "your half" and I'll get mine. That means different things in different situations. Are you a healer? Ok, keep me alive while I stack and kill. Are you offensive? Kewl, stack and hit getting at least half the damage of the monsters. Can you do more than one thing? Kewl, do your thing, but make sure we're both alive at the end of the fight. The same goes with me. We're a TEAM and we win together, or die together.
I love you posts! They make me laugh!

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
dayerider on Feb 11, 2019 wrote:

It's still my problem because people will leave me and that means I won't move forward in the quest

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
zachshock on Feb 12, 2019 wrote:
It's still my problem because people will leave me and that means I won't move forward in the quest
while this is true, and frustrating, you can still find help in places like this forum. Perhaps make a post that you're looking for a questing buddy in the Ravenwood Commons section of this forum. I feel your frustration. When I got to Avalon, I almost stopped the game because I couldnt get past the underwater area without all kinds of help. Since joining a FB group, and finding an awesome questing buddy, not to mention actually being taught how certain things work, I've done LOADS better.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Get a friend to help, or solo it.... use team-up, and I find that someone left you because you don't have an OP pet very unlikely.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
I don't mean anyone offense, but it seems that most of your time on message boards is spent complaining. Use discord, facebook etc.... It seems that most of your time complaining could be used to make progress. Just saying.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Then why are you complaining? If you know they are going to fail, why train them? Besides, I saw a generous offer from Victoria offering to hatch a good pet with you! Instead of complaining, do something about it!

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Good pets are helpful, but not necessary. "Perfect" pets are cool if you enjoy making them, but a luxury. In terms of being "OP", pets now, even "fail" pets, can be more useful than we ever dreamed possible a few years ago.

The Kisok makes it easy to get hatches with great pets. We have 5, rather than 4 manifested talents, plus a jewel, and there are pets that give more than one card at baby. Double EXP and double garden rewards gives us faster training and more snacks. Pets still take effort, but KI have made it easier across the board. Stats are higher, there are more active talents available, and we can get them faster. I'd call that "OP" in a good way!

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Feb 12, 2019 wrote:
Then why are you complaining? If you know they are going to fail, why train them? Besides, I saw a generous offer from Victoria offering to hatch a good pet with you! Instead of complaining, do something about it!
it's gonna fail if she offers to hatch with me anyways and for all I know she has maycasts and I hate maycast because it's a waste of a talent if it may do something stat pets are the only way to go.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Feb 12, 2019 wrote:
I don't mean anyone offense, but it seems that most of your time on message boards is spent complaining. Use discord, facebook etc.... It seems that most of your time complaining could be used to make progress. Just saying.
Well once my pets fail at adult I have plenty of time to complain before the next 12 hours

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Life sniper?! Why are you so EVIL Kingsisle?! If you weren't EVIL Kingsisle I'd have OP pets and questing on all of my wizards! Stop being EVIL and give me my OP pets I want to play your game!

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
zachshock on Feb 13, 2019 wrote:
it's gonna fail if she offers to hatch with me anyways and for all I know she has maycasts and I hate maycast because it's a waste of a talent if it may do something stat pets are the only way to go.
Umm no. Her pets are some of the best I’ve ever seen! Wards to crit to damage! If you just keep hatching, you will eventually get your pet of dreams!

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Feb 16, 2019 wrote:
Umm no. Her pets are some of the best I’ve ever seen! Wards to crit to damage! If you just keep hatching, you will eventually get your pet of dreams!
What do you not get about pets are doomed to fail?!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Feb 16, 2019 wrote:
Thanks Eric!

Yeah I'm lucky to have well over 400 max stat pets at mega/ultra, including pets for all school, plus wards, maycast healers, outgoing heal boosts and specialised pet. I think I have all the most popular combos and often make pets 'to order' eg the clean pool, max stat, trip/double fennec fox I recently made for someone on here that you also hatched with

I love pets and love helping people - it's a perfect combo for me

Not everyone enjoys making pets though and sometimes people don't really want to make them even if they are given all the advantages of a perfect pet to copy and a strategy to do so effectively and as easily as possible. You've tried your best to persuade the OP to take the opportunities presented in this thread and perhaps he hasn't realised the extent of help/support offered, but the offers are still there and you don't need to worry about it. It's nice to know you appreciate it when I offer pets and help...feedback like this helps me know it's still useful to others and appreciated. It's why I keep making new pets and will always be happy to share with anyone who wants them