Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 130 Gear Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
Hello, fellow wizards!

I wanted to discuss a topic that has been on my mind lately: level 130 gear. I know this is a topic that is being discussed by many people, and something I'm sure most of us are excited about, but let's face it, every time new gear is released, the game falls more and more off balance (and no I'm not talking about the school).

I think Kingsisle could and should do a rebalancing of the game by taking each school back to its roots. Ices aren't supposed to do a ton of damage, while storms are supposed to be glass cannons. New gear is a perfect opportunity for Kingsisle to do a rebalancing.

Now, don't get me wrong, they've done a great job for what the feedback we've given them, but we need to remember something, a balanced game does not mean everyone is equal in their abilities. This seems to be the direction Kingsisle has taken the game is that everyone is equal in damage, resist, critical, pierce, accuracy, etc...

I have proposed gear for level 130 for the schools of storm and ice, and I'd like to know your thoughts:

Storm Hat:
500 health
10% accuracy
5% resist
4% shadow pip
210 critical
28% damage
9% pierce
6% incoming heal boost

Storm Robe:
600 health
15% accuracy
30% damage
10% resist
3% shadow pip
150 critical
8% incoming heal boost

Storm Boots:
400 health
10% accuracy
180 critical
8% pierce
5% resist
35% damage
3% shadow pip
6% incoming heal boost

Ice Hat:
1000 Health
8% accuracy
20% resist
110 critical
10% damage
4% shadow pip
5% incoming heal boost

Ice Robe:
1500 health
10% accuracy
15% damage
25% resist
60 critical
80 block
3% shadow pip
7% incoming heal boost

Ice Boots:
800 health
5% accuracy
250 block
15% resist
15% damage
3% shadow pip
5% incoming heal boost

I feel with stats like these, the game would be much more balanced. Notice how the ice boots don't have any critical while the storm boots have critical but no block. Ice also doesn't have any pierce, but they get loads of resist. Also, heal boost is incorporated back in. Every other school would be somewhere in between there, with stats even more focused on their abilities. Also, notice how I didn't give ice or storm power pip boost, rather accuracy taking it back to waterworks days.

These are just some quick ideas, but I would love to know your thoughts on this subject.

Thank you!