Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Farming Darkmoor with these stats

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 03, 2017
SO I have a question. I have fairly decent stats at a level 99. I have 92% damage, 32% universal resist, 14% fire accuracy, 441 crit rating and decent pierce, block and pip chance. Should I farm darkmoor or not?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Do the dungeon for at least the Robe.

I do recommend you try to get all your gear though.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Jan 11, 2019 wrote:
SO I have a question. I have fairly decent stats at a level 99. I have 92% damage, 32% universal resist, 14% fire accuracy, 441 crit rating and decent pierce, block and pip chance. Should I farm darkmoor or not?
It would help if you wrote a break down of where you get your stat boosts so we can look at which pieces of gear would be worth upgrading

At a glance though I would be very concerned about the low accuracy because fizzling on the Malistaire hit is going to be a nightmare and cost a bunch of rounds replacing the boosts and healing. I'm almost certain that when you post details of where you get your stats that there will be treasure for you in Darkmoor

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
Hi Eric,

I Highly recommend Darkmoor, your stats are decent for sure but better damage and crit will make life in the worlds ahead much faster and easier than it would be if you just pushed through. Generally speaking, a fire of your level will want the hood, boots, athame, and damage ring from Darkmoor. Most will try for the robe from Rattlebones exalted duel as it is slightly better for fire school.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Nathan

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Sure, go for it. I agree with Victoria though -- try to up accuracy a bit if you'll be hitting. Missing the blade cycle is painful.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Gear:
Hat: Unseen Cinder Lord's Crown
Robe: Unseen Cinder Lord's Robe
Boots: Dalia shoes 90+
Athame: Blade of Felled
Ring: Alpha and Omega
Deck: Case of Enfulging
Amulet: Amulet of Divine( on my first try :D)
Pet: Accuracy and Power Pip, soon to change.

I added accuracy jewels so now I have about 22% accuracy

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Oh and I use the Headmaster Staff 90+

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Jan 14, 2019 wrote:
Gear:
Hat: Unseen Cinder Lord's Crown
Robe: Unseen Cinder Lord's Robe
Boots: Dalia shoes 90+
Athame: Blade of Felled
Ring: Alpha and Omega
Deck: Case of Enfulging
Amulet: Amulet of Divine( on my first try :D)
Pet: Accuracy and Power Pip, soon to change.

I added accuracy jewels so now I have about 22% accuracy
I'd go for the Malistaire set, Yvengy Athame...keep the ring and amulet the same. I'd change the deck for something without a better socket...anything but square! Your wand has great damage so I'd be unsure whether to keep that or change for the Mali wand...I'd decide based on how it fits with the full set including pet. I suspect I'd be keeping the wand though because the damage is very nice, but the pierce, crit and block of Mali wand is also tempting.

Just looking at the hat, robe, boots and athame your stats would change:

Health +487
Damage +6
Resistance +5
Accuracy +22 (full accuracy achieved - 25% total)
Critical -56
Block +80
Pierce +5
Power Pips +3 (97% total)

Shadow Pip +5 (your previous set has no shadow pip bonus)

Changing will also give you the same jewel sockets + an extra circle socket. (Changing the deck will swap a square socket for something more useful too).

2 tear, 3 circle, 1 triangle, 2 square + pet + deck.

You'll also get boosts from your pet

I hope this helps you decide

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Thanks for the help! However, I prefer the crit set up, so I’m thinking about switching Mali boots for dalia shoes, and Mali wand for Deathmetal Skull

(Sorry about me not training pet yet. My membership is almost up and I Want my DM gear)

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Thanks for all you help! I got the boots and robe first try, and hat the next two times! I am currently working on the Athame, Staff and Amulet!

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Just got a double damage, triple crit pet. Now I have 98% damage and 99% crit.....