Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why was Triton chosen to be the Storm Titan?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 13, 2011
I feel like Dragons and Giants are perfect fits for the primordial beings responsible for creating their magic...but a triton? no. They were not only chosen to be the SIX pip storm spell (when both other titans are 7 and the last spell you learn before fighting malistair) but storm lord to me makes MUCH more sense as the storm titan.

I get that the Storm titan had control over the seas, and Zeus (who Storm titan is obviously based off) is the god of the SKY then that is understandable why that was not made the titan. Other than that, I still don't think that is a reasonable enough excuse not to make storm lord the titan when the events that take place in Empyrea would be much more reasonable due to what a storm lord should have powers over.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2018
riveragreen01 on Jan 7, 2019 wrote:
I feel like Dragons and Giants are perfect fits for the primordial beings responsible for creating their magic...but a triton? no. They were not only chosen to be the SIX pip storm spell (when both other titans are 7 and the last spell you learn before fighting malistair) but storm lord to me makes MUCH more sense as the storm titan.

I get that the Storm titan had control over the seas, and Zeus (who Storm titan is obviously based off) is the god of the SKY then that is understandable why that was not made the titan. Other than that, I still don't think that is a reasonable enough excuse not to make storm lord the titan when the events that take place in Empyrea would be much more reasonable due to what a storm lord should have powers over.
This came up in my big story feedback thread over in the Empyrea section. Here's what i said there:

The Storm Lord is a powerful storm elemental, mighty indeed but not on the level of the Titan himself. As to why Storm looks the way he does, remember that you did fight an Avatar of the Storm Titan in Celestia - you already knew what he looked like!

All pips aside (that's Design stuff,beyond my general purview), there are a few things to consider here. If the Storm Titan were the Storm Lord, then ultimately two of the Titans would have been giant humans and one would have been a dragon - I'm much more satisfied with the Titans each being different things.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
I think part of the confusion stems from, ironically, Professor Balestrom. In the Storm Lord spell quest, Professor Balestrom describes the spell as "summoning a Storm Titan to do your bidding!"

It doesn't help that the obelisks in Azteca show the Storm Lord fighting against a Frost Giant and Fire Dragon when talking about the Titan's war with each other.