Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Slow your Experience, Fast Learner

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Hello Professors and fellow students. I was wondering if having the option to slow down the amount of exp you gain from quests should be an option. I'm having a problem that is the opposite of what most people would love, I'm leveling up a little too fast.

I love doing the side quests, it's great to experience the worlds and their back stories by doing them, however, I end up leveling up so fast that right now, just starting Polaris, I'm already almost level 109. I was even spoiled the reveal that we get new teachers, and I kinda don't like story spoilers haha.

So I had an idea that we could have two new sets of permanent potions that halves the exp you gain while questing and another that sets exp back to normal.

Tell me what you all think, maybe I'm not the only one that this effects.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
It does sound like you and I have had similar experiences. I was running through most of the story arc about ten levels ahead of the design (mainly because I don't like to advance to the next world until ALL the quests for the current world are cleared out of my list).

Whereas, you consider it a hindrance, I counted it a blessing.

Two things to consider.

One being that high a level at Polaris is not a bad thing. The additional health and mana will serve you well.

Also right around Polaris, some side quests stop having XP and instead offer gold. I stopped doing the side quests in Polaris until the XP cap was raised with the release of Empyrea part two. As it stands right now I have quite a few pages of side quests that are just waiting for me to have some spare time to complete.

The Ghoststalker Bros.
Steven 130
Christopher 32 (and currently in Marleybone)

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The game is aware of this.

Part of the reason why you might see the storyline quest giving so much experience is to actually compensate for those who don't do side quests.

They will still be able to quest and level as smoothly as those who actually do the quests.

Also, in latter worlds (not trying to spoil again for you); there are quite a number of quests that will not reward experience but you're still welcomed to do them.

But then again, as you said, most of us enjoy being over leveled.

Being almost 110 at the beginning of Polaris is quite an achievement though; I'm sure you've already guessed that you will not be able to get your level 108 spell until you've spent some time in the new world.