Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Double Gardening vs Double Pet XP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2014
Hello! So these past few months I have been focusing on my pet training and getting to some new goals when it comes to pets I want and like. During the past few months double pet XP has been on 3 times, which is amazing. But where the double gardening XP?! I feel we are missing out on so much when it comes to snacks and gardening XP. Pet XP comes around almost once a month, but gardening XP? maybe 2-3 times a year? Please make double gardening more frequent!!

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Indeed. In fact, we just finished up a Double Pet XP a few days ago and here we are again with a Double Pet XP Weekend.

This is the sort of thing that discourages people from becoming members, when there is something they would like to make use of, wait for it to come around, then give up and move on to other things. In this instance, waiting for double gardening rewards. If someone is waiting for it to start before getting a membership, then that is money that KI is losing out on because of never getting around to the gardening weekends.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
As a 'pet person' I am loving the imbalance of Double Pet XP coming up over and over...but I confess that it was Double Gardening that prompted me to switch from crowns to membership! I was always struggling for snacks and Double Gardening enabled me to build epic gardens that keep me in way more snacks and gold than I can use. I don't need Double Gardening now, but for all those still building their gardens Double Pet XP has little appeal (since they have no snacks) and the lack of Double Gardening will surely delay them buying membership.

Also, now Double Gardening seems so infrequent they are far more likely to buy a month membership just when it is active instead of a full year.

I'm loving the Double Pet XP but can't help thinking about the players who can't even make use of it due to lack of snacks or incomplete gardens. I hope KI hasn't decided it was 'too generous', it was game-changing for me and took away the grind of getting snacks and gold. I have so much more time to enjoy the game. I experience the sense of achievement and joy more frequently because I can make more pets and being able to give generously also increases enjoyment of the game.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I'm very happy with frequent double pet bonus, but gardening is good too. Having them back to back, as just happened, is wonderful. Thanks KI!

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
This is the 1st time i have used double gardening xp, the 1st 24 hours i harvested all the mega gardens i had that were waiting as elder(emp, couch potato, ivy league) then i replanted some trump vine, i am getting double TC's and double gold but i'm not getting any double trump vines in the normal harvests. can anyone explain this or is experiencing this on other gardens?

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
lionshieldjim on Jan 12, 2019 wrote:
This is the 1st time i have used double gardening xp, the 1st 24 hours i harvested all the mega gardens i had that were waiting as elder(emp, couch potato, ivy league) then i replanted some trump vine, i am getting double TC's and double gold but i'm not getting any double trump vines in the normal harvests. can anyone explain this or is experiencing this on other gardens?
You do not receive double the seeds during the harvest, only elder. During harvests, you only receive double the gold and the rewards you'd normally get. (Ex; Magma Peas dropping 300 XP per harvest and 2 Polymorph Ninja Pigs now give 600 XP and 4 Ninja Polymorphs)

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
When you harvest, you don't get everything twice, you get twice the rewards. So during a harvest, whatever possible rewards you can get, you get the random rewards once, and then the random rewards again, which may or may not consist of the same items.

During a normal harvest of Trumpet Vines, you get a treasure card or a reagent, a chance of gold, and a chance of a seed. So the first reward might be a TC and some gold, the second (double) reward might be a reagent and a seed. It wouldn't be the same TC twice and the same amount of gold twice.

Because of this, you might get one seed, two seeds, or no seeds during a regular harvest. The elder harvest is the same, except that there is also a chance of a Silver Trumpet Vine seed, and a chance of an Ultra Trumpet Vine seed. So you could wind up with no seeds during elder, one, two, up to six seeds (two of each) during elder.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Trumpet vines only give you a chance at getting a trumpet vine seed during normal harvests, same for elder...the seed is not guaranteed every harvest. During double gardening the drops don't duplicate identically, the drop is triggered twice.

It's easiest to see this in the chat box. Harvest 1 seed and you'll see that you have 2 distinct sets of drops. They're consistent with drops from that seed but the 2 sets of drops are not necessarily indentical to each other.

I hope this helps make sense of it

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Victoria FireHeart on Jan 14, 2019 wrote:
Trumpet vines only give you a chance at getting a trumpet vine seed during normal harvests, same for elder...the seed is not guaranteed every harvest. During double gardening the drops don't duplicate identically, the drop is triggered twice.

It's easiest to see this in the chat box. Harvest 1 seed and you'll see that you have 2 distinct sets of drops. They're consistent with drops from that seed but the 2 sets of drops are not necessarily indentical to each other.

I hope this helps make sense of it
"During double gardening the drops don't duplicate identically, the drop is triggered twice."

Here I was, in a post, trying to think of a simple way to say it. Here you are, accomplishing it. Very well put, Victoria, you said it perfectly.