Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can we please have more Spirit spells for Balance?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
Most Balance enemies are weak to Spirit () spells, so it'd be handy for Balance school students to have them in lieu of having Prisms. Spirit Blast, for instance, would be extremely useful to be able to learn, and having a Spirit equivalent of Nested Fury would be great! A Spirit Minion (to balance the Spectral Minion) would be nice too.

With Balance supposed to be, well, balanced between all six schools having only Elemental spells feels, well, off balance.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Great Ideas!

I'm still astonished that we've yet to see the spiritual side of us be awakened if you will.

I would've thought that by now, we would at least learn Spiritual Blast.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
I think balance already has one too many spells that are well broken and not balanced the irony in that. Balance already has ra, supernova, nested fury and am pretty sure the next balance max spell 1shadow7pip should be a spirit aoe.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see next year

Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
Star Edward on Dec 27, 2018 wrote:
Great Ideas!

I'm still astonished that we've yet to see the spiritual side of us be awakened if you will.

I would've thought that by now, we would at least learn Spiritual Blast.

Thanks!

I know. It would be great for low-level Balance wizards! I know Balance is often described as the most powerful of the schools, but my spells never seem to bear this out.

I don't think we even have a damage-over-time spell like all the other schools do.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Indagare on Dec 30, 2018 wrote:
Thanks!

I know. It would be great for low-level Balance wizards! I know Balance is often described as the most powerful of the schools, but my spells never seem to bear this out.

I don't think we even have a damage-over-time spell like all the other schools do.
We don't. Unless you include Steel Giant, which is only available as a TC and a pretty bad one since it can't be enchanted and is 4 pips.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
Exabytes on Dec 30, 2018 wrote:
We don't. Unless you include Steel Giant, which is only available as a TC and a pretty bad one since it can't be enchanted and is 4 pips.
Well Steel Giant also comes from the Crystal Staff of Mirages (though, again, it can't be modified). It does 30 + 450/round to all enemies. Four pips isn't that bad since that's also what Spectral Blast (440 , 365 , or 550 ) and Spirit Blast (400 , 360 , or 445 ) cost and the damage is comparable unlike with Sandstorm, which does 255-295 to all enemies and also costs four pips (though, obviously, modifying it helps).

It'd be fine to learn Spirit Blast at level 26 since the damage is more or less comparable to Spectral Blast in terms of damage (the slightly weaker damage balanced by its bonus against Balance enemies). It would also make a good prequest to learning the Spirit Minion spell. Steel Giant would fit in well at level 62 (between Ra and Chimera).

A potential Spirit Minion could be learned around level 56 (half way between Spectral Minion and Nerys - possibly a Rank 4 , , or with 1,000, 1,200, and 1,000 health). For comparison, Spectral Minion (Rank 1) has 400 , 400 , and 700 health and Nerys (Rank 7) has 1,700 health.