Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rescue Rover Drop rate

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
I've been farming Nightshade for the past 6 days trying to get him to drop A Rescue Rover I put in about 4 hours A night and have been coming up empty.

I've managed to collect A small army of Christmas Elves & Nutcrackers
A winter wonderland of Snowmen & Snowballs
A festive Flock of Yuletide Spirits
A Stable of Maple Moose's
and A couple of Golden Geese

My real goal the Rescue Rover I am yet to get

my question is has anyone gotten A Rover through Nightshade it seems like its an endless battle I must have fought him close to 500 times in the past 6 days with no Rover dropping is there a better boss to farm for him I keep going after Nightshade as he's a quick battle.

Also I posted this in an earlier topic I noticed it could all be coincidence but it seems to be fact that when I fight him with my full spell book I don't think any pets have dropped but when I use A low level low qty spell book using only fire elves,link & firecat thats when better items or more items tend to drop I could be way off base here but it just seems like when I use my full spell book I don't recall any pets dropping its always when I use my watered doen book with low level spells again this could all be coincidence this almost seems to be fact though with having farmed him for 6 days and always getting better irems not using my full book.

is there an easier way of getting the rover I hate to start dropping crowns on a pack(s) and not get the rover I know its all chance farming as well but I would much rather farm than spend a ton of crowns and not get the one thing I really want.

I know other bosses drop the rover as well if their drop rate for him is higher the nightshade I would go after them but if the drop rate does not matter between bosses I could get alot more chances with nightshade

thank-you

Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
Well Nightshade does drop the rover last night before I gave up for the Night my last battle at about 12 midnight before going to bed the Rover finally dropped

Yahoo finally now I can get back to Mooshu!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I understand that you may want to win this pet and I'm not trying to take that from you...but if you would like to hatch for it instead I am happy to share mine

I have a max stat Rescue Rover with a ward pool. The stats are 255 250 260 260 250. The pool is: proof, defy, all 7 school wards and fearless fortifier (maycast fortify).

I'm happy to hatch as many times as it takes for you to get the pet and can continue hatching more if you'd like to get the stats and pool too.

Unfortunately he can't be put into the kiosk so we'd have to meet in game. If you'd like to hatch just give your wizard name and usual playing times (include time zone) and I'll post back when I can meet when you'll be on

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Ooops! Just saw your reply saying you got it - idk if it was in moderation when I replied or if I was just being blind lol (no that's not me being cool, it's me being blind lol)

Either way, I am very glad you got your pet and if you'd like to hatch the offer is still open

I'm really glad you got it, your dedication to farming for him is impressive! Very well deserved!

Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
Victoria,
Thank-you for your offer to hatch Your Rover with me you have been so super helpful with all my questions I am not new to the game but still learning and you have been very helpful with Everything and sharing your knowledge of the spiral I think I speak for a lot of players you have helped in the game on this forum.

I read a fair amount of posts on this forum trying to learn and gain more knowledge in the game as I continue to play and you are always there to help players out and guide them along.you are always involved in a lot of posts whether it be to give advice,help players out,answer questions or just cast your honest opinion.there are only a handful of players like you who go out of their way to help and guide other players the way you do.I must say though I have frequented forums for different games and the wizard101 community does have some very helpful players on here a lot more than most game forums I have visited.you are always in the forefront trying your best to help other players out,you are truly appreciciated.

Thank-you for always being so helpfull and sharing your knowledge of the game!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Jester King on Dec 17, 2018 wrote:
Victoria,
Thank-you for your offer to hatch Your Rover with me you have been so super helpful with all my questions I am not new to the game but still learning and you have been very helpful with Everything and sharing your knowledge of the spiral I think I speak for a lot of players you have helped in the game on this forum.

I read a fair amount of posts on this forum trying to learn and gain more knowledge in the game as I continue to play and you are always there to help players out and guide them along.you are always involved in a lot of posts whether it be to give advice,help players out,answer questions or just cast your honest opinion.there are only a handful of players like you who go out of their way to help and guide other players the way you do.I must say though I have frequented forums for different games and the wizard101 community does have some very helpful players on here a lot more than most game forums I have visited.you are always in the forefront trying your best to help other players out,you are truly appreciciated.

Thank-you for always being so helpfull and sharing your knowledge of the game!
Oh my goodness, thank you so much for such a lovely post!

I feel a little bit overwhelmed...I love helping and sharing and I'm very enthusiastic about W101 and KI...and it's really lovely to have such a nice post letting me know it's appreciated and helpful

I'm a long way off knowing everything but when I can help I always try to...and I always have kindness in my heart even when I disagree with someone. I sometimes find text difficult because irl people can easily see who I am and what I am like so they always know I'm being kind and mean well...or I'm trying to be funny hehe

If I can help in any way just give me a shout...and please know your lovely post is very very appreciated! Thank you!