Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

game expansion

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
So KI is in a loop, been constantly adding worlds for the wizards to level up in.

...I wonder...

Couldn't they make a new quest line that is dungeons-only, or dungeons-mainly where the wizards quest back through the worlds that we have already "completed"

They would have to make new bosses in the dungeons and detect when you were on that quest (rather than going through for your first time) or had already done that quest (and were farming). The battles could be tricky and hard, the drops could be good, and the story could spread over two or three (wizard city/kroktopia/marleybone, then mooshu/wysteria/dragonspyre, etc.) This is sort of done with some of the one-shot dungeons, but I'm suggesting something with a continuity.

Might be a very efficient way to add content and maintain interest of the high level wizards and recapture the investment in those worlds.

anyone think this might be interesting?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ChicoValerian on Dec 11, 2018 wrote:
So KI is in a loop, been constantly adding worlds for the wizards to level up in.

...I wonder...

Couldn't they make a new quest line that is dungeons-only, or dungeons-mainly where the wizards quest back through the worlds that we have already "completed"

They would have to make new bosses in the dungeons and detect when you were on that quest (rather than going through for your first time) or had already done that quest (and were farming). The battles could be tricky and hard, the drops could be good, and the story could spread over two or three (wizard city/kroktopia/marleybone, then mooshu/wysteria/dragonspyre, etc.) This is sort of done with some of the one-shot dungeons, but I'm suggesting something with a continuity.

Might be a very efficient way to add content and maintain interest of the high level wizards and recapture the investment in those worlds.

I wondered if KI was planning something like this with the end of the 3rd arc. We've increasingly come across issues in relation to huge level differences eg when farming/questing overlap or significantly higher level wizards helping new wizards. I can imagine the number of levels to achieve max might be a little daunting to some new players who have the objective of reaching max level as their priority.

Perhaps KI is going to consider adding new quests and adventures for us throughout the Spiral or in new dungeon zones where instead of XP increasing our level in a linear way it allows us access to different skills or experiences? It's already been touched upon with the Mirage vendors and the housing etc where we have to work to become allies with the vendors and their clans. Perhaps this notion will be expanded to include things like spells, gear, stats, access to new dungeons etc...which can allow us more flexibility and multiple different ways to customise our wizard and their skills etc.

It would be nice to be able to have a group of maxed wizards all from the same school who all have different variations of skill sets depending on the routes they have taken and which quests they have chosen to accept so far.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
There are plenty of "unexplored" places ALL over the various worlds of the Spiral.

Revisiting worlds would be a great idea.

I would also be in favor of puzzles to solve in addition to new Bosses to fight. Give us some quests that involve fighting the mobs again. I loved how we had to go back to Firecat Alley to fight <redacted/spoilers>.

Have Shelus Gruffheart give us a Daily artifact hunt. He only knows the general location and we have to go find it. (Like a Zeke Quest but one item and make it a daily).

The Ghoststalker Bros.

Steven 130
Christopher 19

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Area51Alien on Dec 12, 2018 wrote:
There are plenty of "unexplored" places ALL over the various worlds of the Spiral.

I would also be in favor of puzzles to solve in addition to new Bosses to fight. Give us some quests that involve fighting the mobs again. I loved how we had to go back to Firecat Alley to fight <redacted/spoilers>.

Have Shelus Gruffheart give us a Daily artifact hunt. He only knows the general location and we have to go find it. (Like a Zeke Quest but one item and make it a daily).

The Ghoststalker Bros.

Steven 130
Christopher 19
I love it that there are so many little places where we can't go and has us guessing what is beyond that crevace or what's through that door etc.

You're absolutely right, there are tons of places throughout the Spiral that are as yet unexplored!

I wonder if KI goes down the route of sending us off to quest and seek rewards through NPC allies etc whether they might even introduce quests where our decision could send us on a slightly different path perhaps? I guess the only 'problem' with this is annoying players like me who want to do everything and all different paths hahaha...but that would be my problem, not the game or KI

I'd actually really enjoy going back to Azteca and fixing the meteors, having adventures in previous worlds and building friendships with NPC's we've met along the way...I get mixed feelings when I click on quest finder and no quests are availabe in this world - I love the completion aspect of it, but also feel a little sad because all the worlds are so much fun...anyway, I'm rambling and you all get the picture, I love my wizards and love the Spiral!

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
ChicoValerian on Dec 11, 2018 wrote:

...I wonder...

Like in the Five Boxes event?

Why not just add an entirely new offshoot 'world' like Darkmoor for max level, because Darkmoor was awesome both thematically and lore-wise and I daresay it kept many high level wizards occupied for a long time with great drops. I mean, even Darkmoor itself could be expanded as we don't really know where Shane Von Shane went. (Or the Gobblers).

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 14, 2018 wrote:
I love it that there are so many little places where we can't go and has us guessing what is beyond that crevace or what's through that door etc.

You're absolutely right, there are tons of places throughout the Spiral that are as yet unexplored!

I wonder if KI goes down the route of sending us off to quest and seek rewards through NPC allies etc whether they might even introduce quests where our decision could send us on a slightly different path perhaps? I guess the only 'problem' with this is annoying players like me who want to do everything and all different paths hahaha...but that would be my problem, not the game or KI

I'd actually really enjoy going back to Azteca and fixing the meteors, having adventures in previous worlds and building friendships with NPC's we've met along the way...I get mixed feelings when I click on quest finder and no quests are availabe in this world - I love the completion aspect of it, but also feel a little sad because all the worlds are so much fun...anyway, I'm rambling and you all get the picture, I love my wizards and love the Spiral!
One thing that I think could be explored beyond Azteca would be Wysteria. I loved it, (even though I hear some don't), I think it would be super useful as a world to put into the main line. Add a few streets onto it, and place it again at the end of the line. Wysteria has so much potential, whether you have to save them from something of their own creation, or *gasp* Crisp herself. Just my two cents

Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 119

Survivor
Mar 14, 2015
I was thinking the other day that it would be awesome if Wizard101 had a side world that was amusement park theme! :D

We already have the carousel, hot air balloon, theater, train mounts, multi-player mounts. There can also be a circus and most important of all...A ROLLERCOASTER! :D :D :D

I think it would be exciting and entertaining for the original and new players. c:

Also, someone else suggested in the commons for a waterpark o: Can that be possible? Hopefully, it could and it would be chill to see our wizards with swimsuits or some sort of informal attire. Maybe making wizard101 a bit modern or not if some people are malcontent.

Either who, just suggesting things. However, the main thing is wizard101 should really improve their graphics and animations i: Before they start building the amusement park and waterpark.

If there already is one (I'm not far ahead in the game, mind you), let me know and I would try my best to level up my wizards! :)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
DreamGalleon21154 on Dec 16, 2018 wrote:
One thing that I think could be explored beyond Azteca would be Wysteria. I loved it, (even though I hear some don't), I think it would be super useful as a world to put into the main line. Add a few streets onto it, and place it again at the end of the line. Wysteria has so much potential, whether you have to save them from something of their own creation, or *gasp* Crisp herself. Just my two cents

Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 119
Yeah I love Wysteria too but find it's a lot of running about but not doing as much as other worlds. I'd really enjoy some more things in Wysteria, the piggles there are so cute and the world itself is lovely to spend time in. I definitely agree that Wysteria could be a great location for a re-visit

At risk of sounding narcissistic...if only Wysteria had a real crisis for us to save them from hahahaha

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
CapriButterfly98 on Dec 17, 2018 wrote:
I was thinking the other day that it would be awesome if Wizard101 had a side world that was amusement park theme! :D

We already have the carousel, hot air balloon, theater, train mounts, multi-player mounts. There can also be a circus and most important of all...A ROLLERCOASTER! :D :D :D

I think it would be exciting and entertaining for the original and new players. c:

Also, someone else suggested in the commons for a waterpark o: Can that be possible? Hopefully, it could and it would be chill to see our wizards with swimsuits or some sort of informal attire. Maybe making wizard101 a bit modern or not if some people are malcontent.

Either who, just suggesting things. However, the main thing is wizard101 should really improve their graphics and animations i: Before they start building the amusement park and waterpark.

If there already is one (I'm not far ahead in the game, mind you), let me know and I would try my best to level up my wizards! :)
I love this idea! I'd find it really funny if the characters were made up of enemies we've already met before too - I'm pretty sure Krokopatra would fit in pretty well

I can't find the post but I said just the other day about possibly making Azteca into a kind of Jurassic Park (possible way to 'save' Azteca even though technically we failed) but it could also work as one of a group of side worlds - Jurassic Park, Circus, Zoo etc

Explorer
Jul 20, 2018
Area51Alien on Dec 12, 2018 wrote:

The Ghoststalker Bros.

Steven 130
Christopher 19
I especially like your idea for Shelus quests. I always was jealous of his "Relic Hunter" badge and would want to get it, along with better ones like "Relic Keeper" or "Relic Master".

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Adding; say a 15-20 or so room dungeon in every world with some of the bosses we fought is an interesting idea. I like it! I'd like to see what is down below the alter of Kings in Krokotopia. Behind locked doors and beyond the gate on the right side in Tanglewood Way, Wysteria, the towers in Marleybone, etc.. .