Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Vengenance spell card question

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
Hello fellow wizards I have A question about the vengenance spell card that is associated with the golden goose I have been farming Nightshade for the past few days trying to get rescue I have had no such luck but have gotten A tribe of Christmas elves,A couple of snowmen,A couple of maple moose's as well as A couple of snowballs & nutcrackers as well no luck getting the Rescue rover I have enough weakness & elf pendants to start my own store anyway last night I scored A golden goose and just can't seem to get A grip on how the spell card works for him.sometimes A spell will cast critical while other times its like A normal spell for all 4 rounds theres been times where I've casted back to back criticals while other times I have gone all 4 rounds with normal damage spells ,I am thinking this has to do with having A power pip while casting a spell but I just can't seem to get A grip on what exactly this spell card does,I am hoping someone can help me out explaining how this particular card works.

I am a fire wizard and this just may be coincidence but I have farmed Nightshade both with my full book of spells and A downsized version only using fire elfs,links & firecats this may only be coincidence but all my array of pet I have gotten from him over the past few days has been with the downsized spell book when I use my full spell book nothing much of any value has really dropped.Again this just may be coincidence it just seems that if I use lower ranked spells than nightshade and field guard I get better items that drop it may all be luck but that just seems like the way its been while farming him I am pretty sure all the pets dropped have been dropped using my low rank spells.

you guys have always been great shedding light on things I am sure you could help me out with these two questions.

Thank-you

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Jester King on Dec 11, 2018 wrote:
Hello fellow wizards I have A question about the vengenance spell card that is associated with the golden goose I have been farming Nightshade for the past few days trying to get rescue I have had no such luck but have gotten A tribe of Christmas elves,A couple of snowmen,A couple of maple moose's as well as A couple of snowballs & nutcrackers as well no luck getting the Rescue rover I have enough weakness & elf pendants to start my own store anyway last night I scored A golden goose and just can't seem to get A grip on how the spell card works for him.sometimes A spell will cast critical while other times its like A normal spell for all 4 rounds theres been times where I've casted back to back criticals while other times I have gone all 4 rounds with normal damage spells ,I am thinking this has to do with having A power pip while casting a spell but I just can't seem to get A grip on what exactly this spell card does,I am hoping someone can help me out explaining how this particular card works.

I am a fire wizard and this just may be coincidence but I have farmed Nightshade both with my full book of spells and A downsized version only using fire elfs,links & firecats this may only be coincidence but all my array of pet I have gotten from him over the past few days has been with the downsized spell book when I use my full spell book nothing much of any value has really dropped.Again this just may be coincidence it just seems that if I use lower ranked spells than nightshade and field guard I get better items that drop it may all be luck but that just seems like the way its been while farming him I am pretty sure all the pets dropped have been dropped using my low rank spells.

you guys have always been great shedding light on things I am sure you could help me out with these two questions.

Thank-you
The Vengeance card on the golden goose gives a 20% boost to your critical chance for 4 rounds. Unless you have 80% critical or above then you will still have a chance it will not critical.

I hope this helps

Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
ok so thats why sometimes it criticals while most times it does not its a roll of the dice everytime I cast this spell,I am new to the critical stuff I am a level 42 wizard how do I up my critical chance?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
You'll start getting critical gear etc when you go to Celestia, so about level 50 you'll start noticing it on gear It doesn't give flat percentages and can be a little confusing but when you hover over your critical stat it will display it as a percentage for your wizard. At the moment, assuming you don't have critical talents on your pet, you have 0% critical...until you use your vengeance card

You'll be able to train it soon too, but make sure you keep training points for your sun school spells - they're the most important astral spells

Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
Thanks Victoria you are a huge help as always!