Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adding an account for my kid

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
I created the account first under my accounts, then she created the characters. Are they linked? or was she supposed to create her characters first, then I add them to my account? If we did it wrong, how can I delete the account so we can start over?
Thanks

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
valerian ice on Dec 11, 2018 wrote:
I created the account first under my accounts, then she created the characters. Are they linked? or was she supposed to create her characters first, then I add them to my account? If we did it wrong, how can I delete the account so we can start over?
Thanks
It sounds like she has made her characters on the same account you made. Each account has a unique username/password to log in. We can use these details to log into the game, the wizard101.com website and also freeKIgames.com

If she has made her wizards on your account then you can not quest together because we can only log in one wizard on an account at a time. If you'd like to quest together then you will need 2 accounts. They can be linked through a master account - just log into one of them on the website and add the second to link them. You will need to create a 'master password' that allows you to view both accounts at once online. Some of the benefits include reduced monthly membership plans, the ability to move crowns between the accounts (allowing you to make the most of bulk purchases and also control how many crowns she has access to at any given time), option to do a one-off character transfer (conditions apply), parental controls (eg gifting options, chat options, earn crowns etc).

If the account is purely for her use and you don't want to both be online simultaneously then check she has created the wizards on the right account simply by checking she is using the same login details on the launcher as you are using to log into the website

I hope this helps, if there is anything you're unclear on feel free to ask

PS. I'm a mum in a mum-daughter wizard duo. When I started I didn't know any of this stuff either

Survivor
May 22, 2008
Log in to your account on the wizard101 website and you'll see a blue "Login Master Password" button. Click it and enter the password. If you see the new account there after that, you're linked. You can't unlink, and you can link any account regardless of if it is new or not (5 accounts per 'family'). Character selection is tied to individual accounts; you can't share characters.

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
Thank you both for replying. I have 3 linked accounts already and wanted to add my daughter's account but could not remember the process. I made her a linked account before she made characters. If I remember correctly, I made my characters first, then linked them but couldn't remember. I wanted to get her membership for a month to see if it's something she would actually play and even though we made the same password as my other linked accounts, I just wanted to be sure they are linked before I got membership on it for her. It's confusing me.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
valerian ice on Dec 11, 2018 wrote:
Thank you both for replying. I have 3 linked accounts already and wanted to add my daughter's account but could not remember the process. I made her a linked account before she made characters. If I remember correctly, I made my characters first, then linked them but couldn't remember. I wanted to get her membership for a month to see if it's something she would actually play and even though we made the same password as my other linked accounts, I just wanted to be sure they are linked before I got membership on it for her. It's confusing me.
Log in to the website using the login details she uses on the launcher. Go to the parental controls and it will prompt for the master password. Enter the master password and check the accounts.

If there is no master password set for her account then it's not linked. If entering the master password brings up the list of your accounts then she is on the right one

If she's not linked you can add it to your linked accounts, if she is then you can confidently buy the membership.

Another way to check would be if there are crowns on any of the accounts - move some crowns to the account you set up for her and see if they're available to her wizard when she logs in to play. Crowns can be moved between linked accounts as many times as you like and they move instantly, even if he wizard is logged in when we move them.

PS. You always have the fail-safe of KI Support. If we make a mistake they're always happy to help sort it out.

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
Thank you, Victoria FireHeart

The moving crowns tip did the trick. It is my daughters account. Had not seen that you could do that before.
Thank you