Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea to make Supercharge a viable spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2014
Simple, short post. It popped in my head when I was thinking about it.

20% damage boost per pip, 1-5 pip cost.

What do you think? Still not good or too strong? I'd love to see this spell to be used more often because it is a really great one if used correctly but it's usually just better to use regular blades and treasure cards for 0 or 1 pip.

- Kyle level 123 and 120

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
hi;

As storm wizard i thinks that a great idea but that would make this spell too much powerful. I use this spell quite often when i face a boss and the X cost make me think when to summon him because all my pip will gone and that mean i need to wait some turn to send an good attack (learned that against my good old friend malistaire in darkmoor.

If that spell cost 5 pip for 100% that mean i can stack 100% with the spell 110% by the sharpen one and 120% for a tc one and that in a time quite similar to the actual one for just putting a 140%(or 150% or 168%)
A thunder snake with 100 dmg will do 924 after 6 turn instead of 240 after 4 turn by the actual spell (based on my actual chance of power pip but without my natural boost)

so yes that a great idea because storm never do enough damage

Kane GoldenFlamme new Storm titan and lord of new celestia
and the other GoldenFlamme

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
It isnt viable as it extends the set up time by another, at least, 5 turns to build up for storm owl or Glowbugs if your unlucky. The maycast version on the Professor staff is much better due to it being a maycast that takes no pips and has an extra 2%. For a Viable use as a base, allow pets to maycast it as a start. Then fiddle with the idea of Choosing how many pips we use on an X cost spell. that way you can utilize Extra pips without dumping all of it

Survivor
Sep 01, 2014
Richard Stormwrath on Dec 4, 2018 wrote:
It isnt viable as it extends the set up time by another, at least, 5 turns to build up for storm owl or Glowbugs if your unlucky. The maycast version on the Professor staff is much better due to it being a maycast that takes no pips and has an extra 2%. For a Viable use as a base, allow pets to maycast it as a start. Then fiddle with the idea of Choosing how many pips we use on an X cost spell. that way you can utilize Extra pips without dumping all of it
My idea is to make the actual spell itself useful. You shouldn't have to rely on a weapon-cast or even a pet may-cast for a spell to be good. If a spell is only good in this way, then it needs to be looked at. That's why I was looking at this one specifically. Although, I really like your idea of letting us choose how many pips to use in X cost spells. That's brilliant. However, even if that was a change implemented, the spell would still not be very good. 2 power pips for an extra Sharpened Stormblade? Not a good trade-off. It only becomes pretty decent once it's already eaten enough pips that you could have used a Scion of Storm instead. By increasing it to 20% per pip, but limiting it to 5 pips at most, I think it's become balanced and useful.

Your idea of using the spell efficiently seems to be when you're with a team and/or using a very costly spell like Storm Owl. You would never need to use this spell at a time like that. But lets say you're questing in Azteca, soloing a boss. This would be a time the spell is very handy. The spell is hardly useful because of cheating bosses. With the pip cost being lowered it could see some real use in situations that necessitate it.

If you're blade/trap stacking you'll see that you end up with around 10-14 pips(especially on the healthier bosses.) By then, you can use this version of Supercharge you'll still have enough to throw out an attack spell, such as Triton, Stormzilla or even Storm Lord and Leviathan if you saved enough pips before casting. This is only at the lower levels!

Once you get shadow magic, you'll be able to use it in a very strong combo with such spells as Glowbug Squall, Rusalka's Wrath and Iron Sultan.

I think Supercharge has the potential to be the most useful spell for fighting high health bosses. This is just one way that we could bring down duel times, as they are too long, in my opinion.

-Kyle 123 and 120

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
X-pip spells are specific use spells. You need to plan ahead for them. X-Y pip spells would be a nice mechanic, as the monster have them and Myth has them for a specific purpose in Minions (Troll and Cyclops). it would be awesome if we had wand hits that did that. According to Central's website, there are many monsters whose natural attacks do a range of attack based off of how many pips they use, so why not us?

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
1- i'm not again a 5 pip supercharge but 20%that increase the damage too quickly and remove one of the strategic part of being a storm, as one of them i understand what you said about soloing azteca (i've done that on my first storm and ye that pretty hard,low life,long build up due to supercharge,and big risk of fail due to a tower shield or storm shield at wrong moment but mokompo was my best support at this time with healing current); that big part of luck but when i reached the third ark soloing storm was pretty easy even with a X-pip supercharge( that my own feeling after too month of rage on azteca/khrysalis and that not include Empyrea part 2)

2- a natural X-Y hit(often 1-4 or 1-3 for minion and foes) will be a great idea for wizard i totally agree with that idea.why not a hidden teacher added somewhere to learn them?

3-fight can be really long i totally agree with that but that the deal of supercharge a big increase of damage for a few turn wait that give other team the occasion to destroy him before you kill them by a huge stormlord

Kane GoldenFlamme new Storm titan and lord of new celestia
and the other GoldenFlamme