Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shining Scales Chests and fishing in general

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I really dislike fishing, so I am still an initiate rank 4 fisher.

But I need to fish for chests containing shining scales so I can craft a wand.

I notice that my fish frequently get away.

Is there a particular school of fish I am looking for? Do I have to be a particular level of fisher to catch it?

What does leveling up my fishing do for me?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Liam Swiftwalker on Dec 2, 2018 wrote:
I really dislike fishing, so I am still an initiate rank 4 fisher.

But I need to fish for chests containing shining scales so I can craft a wand.

I notice that my fish frequently get away.

Is there a particular school of fish I am looking for? Do I have to be a particular level of fisher to catch it?

What does leveling up my fishing do for me?
The easiest way I have found for getting shining scales quickly is at the Acropolis house. Go via Castle Tours if you don't own one and go through the teleporter to the small pool. Winnow ice fish - if you don't have this spell just do reveal fish school and chase away everything except the ice fish. Catch the ice fish with a rank 1 ice lure, then reset the pond and repeat until you have your shining scales

There are usually 2 or 3 ice fish and about 50% chance of them being a chest. Shining scales drop regularly there! There may be a few extra ice fish atm because of the seasonal fish for Christmas (Cold Cod) also being here.

I hope this helps! Good luck getting your shining scales for crafting!

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 3, 2018 wrote:
The easiest way I have found for getting shining scales quickly is at the Acropolis house. Go via Castle Tours if you don't own one and go through the teleporter to the small pool. Winnow ice fish - if you don't have this spell just do reveal fish school and chase away everything except the ice fish. Catch the ice fish with a rank 1 ice lure, then reset the pond and repeat until you have your shining scales

There are usually 2 or 3 ice fish and about 50% chance of them being a chest. Shining scales drop regularly there! There may be a few extra ice fish atm because of the seasonal fish for Christmas (Cold Cod) also being here.

I hope this helps! Good luck getting your shining scales for crafting!
Thanks, but that house is not for sale. :(

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Liam Swiftwalker on Dec 4, 2018 wrote:
Thanks, but that house is not for sale. :(
You don't need to BUY it! Go to castle tours and visit it!

Castle tours is in the building to the right of Zeke in the Wizard City Commons. Go inside and speak to the NPC to the left. You can visit castles other members have put up for visitors. You do NOT need membership to visit homes on Castle Tours!

Go to the rated castles not the 'new today' then you can select the right house type to visit!

I hope this helps!

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
Are there any alternative methods for when The Acropolis is not available in Castle Tours? I would love to finish my crafting quests and need some shining scales.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hi;
you can have chest everywhere so i recommend you to find a place with only one or two schools of fish.
another thing to know is you must adapt the rank and the school of the lure.
i got many chest in:
-the common
-baobab crossroad
-polarian shipwreck
-the wyrd
-the district of the stars
-the lake shores

i get between 2 and 6 chest on all these places( for catching all fish;per reset).
and 33% chance of scales inside
after gaining some fishing lvls you can do the aztecan quest for double chest in a pond.
Search small places or places with as less pond as possible

Kane GoldenFlames;New storm titan and lord of New Celestia

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
SoulMender007 on Feb 25, 2019 wrote:
Are there any alternative methods for when The Acropolis is not available in Castle Tours? I would love to finish my crafting quests and need some shining scales.
Are you checking all sections? I've never had a problem finding one and I just checked and there are currently 2 in Magical and 6 in Mazes. Sorry I don't know of the best alternative, I've never had an issue finding one though. Don't just check Top Rated, check the others in the list too

Good luck and happy fishing!