Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is energizing battery really worth it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
I double checked what the triggers supposedly are for it, yet it has never activated like it should except for one time when I was wrapping up quests in Dragonspyre. It honestly makes me wonder if these "may cast" pets are really all that worth it.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
tristan thundersto... on Dec 2, 2018 wrote:
I double checked what the triggers supposedly are for it, yet it has never activated like it should except for one time when I was wrapping up quests in Dragonspyre. It honestly makes me wonder if these "may cast" pets are really all that worth it.
I see Energizing Battery and Fairy Friend as talents that are a six and two threes. They're both handy if you want some occasional heals thrown in free and both have saved my wizards multiple times!

Both trigger a lot, especially during long/difficult battles. Fairy Friend is good because it guarantees the level of heal if triggered, while Energizing Battery can on occasion cast and be very low. I've found that Energizing Battery seems to cast the big heals far more frequently than the small heal and it has often brought me from the brink of death back up to full health.

I do think maycast healing pets are worth it but depending on your school, level and stats, they might be something to reserve for tricky solo battles. I'm guessing from your name that you're storm? I usually use damage, critical and proof for storm pets but have another with a maycast heal thrown in for if I get a tricky solo and might benefit from a free heal. My main storm pet is trip damage, double critical and a proof jewel.

I'm not sure if this answers your question but I hope it's helpful to have another view

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 3, 2018 wrote:
I see Energizing Battery and Fairy Friend as talents that are a six and two threes. They're both handy if you want some occasional heals thrown in free and both have saved my wizards multiple times!

Both trigger a lot, especially during long/difficult battles. Fairy Friend is good because it guarantees the level of heal if triggered, while Energizing Battery can on occasion cast and be very low. I've found that Energizing Battery seems to cast the big heals far more frequently than the small heal and it has often brought me from the brink of death back up to full health.

I do think maycast healing pets are worth it but depending on your school, level and stats, they might be something to reserve for tricky solo battles. I'm guessing from your name that you're storm? I usually use damage, critical and proof for storm pets but have another with a maycast heal thrown in for if I get a tricky solo and might benefit from a free heal. My main storm pet is trip damage, double critical and a proof jewel.

I'm not sure if this answers your question but I hope it's helpful to have another view
I wish it did, but it never triggers on long battles for me. it's only triggered twice: once when i was battling in dragonspyre, and again when i was completing a daily assignment I needed against gobblers on colossus boulevard. I just wish i knew the chance of it triggering so i could change my deck accordingly.

And i kinda wish i was storm. I'd benefit from the frankenbunny's other talents. But no, i'm myth. thunderstone was just an archive name from when i was considering storm while making a wizard wayyy back when w101 broke....what, 1 million?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
tristan thundersto... on Dec 5, 2018 wrote:
I wish it did, but it never triggers on long battles for me. it's only triggered twice: once when i was battling in dragonspyre, and again when i was completing a daily assignment I needed against gobblers on colossus boulevard. I just wish i knew the chance of it triggering so i could change my deck accordingly.

And i kinda wish i was storm. I'd benefit from the frankenbunny's other talents. But no, i'm myth. thunderstone was just an archive name from when i was considering storm while making a wizard wayyy back when w101 broke....what, 1 million?
Maybe we should look at getting you a better pet for your play-style? I've got some nice myth pets you are welcome to share

If you'd like me to have a look at my pets and make a selection I think you'll like most just let me know the following for your myth wizard...

Do you usually play solo or in a team?
What level are you?
What stats would you like to boost most?

I hope this helps!

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 6, 2018 wrote:
Maybe we should look at getting you a better pet for your play-style? I've got some nice myth pets you are welcome to share

If you'd like me to have a look at my pets and make a selection I think you'll like most just let me know the following for your myth wizard...

Do you usually play solo or in a team?
What level are you?
What stats would you like to boost most?

I hope this helps!
I'm a level 86 myth. I do both solo and team (managed to get at least one piece of waterworks gear). my current myth pet is a dreamsong seraph who grants me a myth crit boost, a storm resistance, and a myth damage boost. what i wanna boost is either armor piercing or block rating.

Edit: I may have hit the jackpot just today. Bred an Arcane Golem with my Dreamsong Seraph and it hatched into an arcane golem. 85 pedigree and it gives 3 rank 3 talents and 7 rank 4 talents. first talent i got from it was unicorn. I think it's gonna be really useful.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
tristan thundersto... on Dec 7, 2018 wrote:
I'm a level 86 myth. I do both solo and team (managed to get at least one piece of waterworks gear). my current myth pet is a dreamsong seraph who grants me a myth crit boost, a storm resistance, and a myth damage boost. what i wanna boost is either armor piercing or block rating.

Edit: I may have hit the jackpot just today. Bred an Arcane Golem with my Dreamsong Seraph and it hatched into an arcane golem. 85 pedigree and it gives 3 rank 3 talents and 7 rank 4 talents. first talent i got from it was unicorn. I think it's gonna be really useful.
Thanks for your response!

I don't have any with armor pierce and I tend to avoid block because it is such a small percentage boost. If those are talents you're after I'd suggest looking in the kiosk and finding something you like.

I'd start narrowing it down by choosing which body type gives me useful cards then...

I'd go for something with max or high stats (255 250 260 260 250 or close to those) as they affect talents with percentages eg block and pierce, also resists, damages and criticals...

Then, look for something at mega that has 5 talents you want.

Finally I would note down the name of the pet, stats and pool so I can find it again more easily. It's best to hatch with the same pet each time where possible.

Alternate route you might like but doesn't include block/pierce...I have some nice damage/critical pets that are max stats that I can put in the kiosk for you. If they are useful as final pets you'd be able to copy them OR you might want to use them to get a max stat pet with myth pool so you have a strong base to move pierce/block into pool from a kiosk pet. The route is up to you and really depends whether you find something more suitable in the kiosk...there is no point adding a step by hatching with mine if you can go direct to your perfect pet in the kiosk

I want you to know that I don't mind your decision and am on your side whatever you choose...and if you don't want my pets right now, you won't lose the chance because the offer is open for any time if you change your mind or want something different later on

I wish I had the perfect pet for you with exactly what you are looking for. Let us know how you get on and if there is anything I can do to help you achieve your goals I will always be happy to help

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
I bred a Wandering Eye pet. I highly recommend this pet and it came highly recommended.
If there is a better Myth pet ... I don't know what it is.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Wandering_Eye#axzz5ZF01P55k

It has 3 cards guaranteed: Lord Humongofrog, which is a great closer.
It also gives you a mythblade that stacks with my regular Mythblade. I bred my pet for Reliquary, the level 84 25% aura and got it, 2 universal defense, and a damage enhancer.
My pet is in the kiosk named Lady Sparkles. She's only a 4/5 ... I need to finish leveling her.
Auras are supposed to go off more than just about any other spell. I find that to be the case.
You might be able to breed a pet with Reliquary and

I crafted an empower amulet so I can cast it on turn 4 with 2 blades.