Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Re-rolling Pet Talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
We have re-rolling chests, we have re-rolling PVP tourney's for tickets, and above all else, I believe we should have the added ability to re-roll a pet talent only at mega should a fail or wanting another stat occurs. Now yes I understand that jewels exist for this reason, but say your pet completely fails at mega I want to have the ability to re-roll this stat, in turn for another randomly occurring stat already in the pool. It's not essentially giving you a stat that's not there. It's giving the ability to simply pay an increasing amount of crowns to re-roll for something else is all. If it poses problems, maybe make the requirement to re-roll at ultra and in turn be able to re-roll any of the 5 given pet talents. All we would have to do to implement this is go to the doctor in the hatchery and have him essentially "re-roll" our talents.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sean ShadowRider on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:
We have re-rolling chests, we have re-rolling PVP tourney's for tickets, and above all else, I believe we should have the added ability to re-roll a pet talent only at mega should a fail or wanting another stat occurs. Now yes I understand that jewels exist for this reason, but say your pet completely fails at mega I want to have the ability to re-roll this stat, in turn for another randomly occurring stat already in the pool. It's not essentially giving you a stat that's not there. It's giving the ability to simply pay an increasing amount of crowns to re-roll for something else is all. If it poses problems, maybe make the requirement to re-roll at ultra and in turn be able to re-roll any of the 5 given pet talents. All we would have to do to implement this is go to the doctor in the hatchery and have him essentially "re-roll" our talents.
This idea comes up frequently and as someone who loves pets and loves to share them I am all for anything that helps new/inexperienced hatchers achieve their goals more easily...but I am against the idea of re-rolling talents because the only people who would truly benefit from this are the minority who already understand hatching and don't need this. Let me explain my thoughts...

Re-rolling a talent removes one manifested talent, replacing it with a non-manifested talent fom the pool. Re-rolling the talent is a risk even if we do know our full pool, but most hatchers don't know their pool. Many people will be spending their precious crowns gambling with a chance at a talent they literally don't have in their pool! At best it's a 1/5 chance but most often it will give a 0/5 chance!

Too many people will find they're throwing their crowns at a pet that really just needs to be hatched again. I call these pets 'between pets' - they're the pets we use as interim pets that help us get from Pet A (the starting pet) to Pet Z (the finished pet). I'd be gutted for anyone who experiences a pet fail to have it followed by further fails of the same pet that they have now poured real money into - it makes the fail so much worse because now we also have tangible loss!

PS. Please don't be put off sharing ideas just because I have not agreed with this one. My opinion is only one opinion in a sea of thoughts! We're all on the same side even when we don't all agree on specific points Keep sharing your ideas and thoughts...maybe between us all and through discussion we'll find some awesome ideas together that can be used in game and make w101 even better! Welcome to the community, we're lucky to have you here!

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Sean ShadowRider on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:
yo not everybody wanna spend crowns but i think its best if talents are high lighted at birth to know if pets worth training. imagine the amount of rerolls you will have to try to be lucky. what if k I was smatter and made the re-roll so random ur odds of getting the talents u want would be a 1/5 imagine getting the same talents twice or worst 10 times would u complain about the odds not being in your favor?

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
I understand this would be cool to have a re-roll for pets and all, but you have to understand that this could ruin the main part of pet training and working hard for a good quality pet because if this is updated onto Wizard101, and there is this for crowns or for a limited time, the people with crowns will get a pet that they want easily. This would destroy PvP because everyone would have a good pet and if this were the case, it would be that everyone just had to train one pet and then had that pet that had a thirty pedigree, and have as good as stats as a 97 pedigree which is the max pedigree someone can get.
Blaze 46
Kevin 37
Justin 36
Brady 35
Tanner 35
Wolf 37

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
dakota jadethief on Dec 1, 2018 wrote:
I understand this would be cool to have a re-roll for pets and all, but you have to understand that this could ruin the main part of pet training and working hard for a good quality pet because if this is updated onto Wizard101, and there is this for crowns or for a limited time, the people with crowns will get a pet that they want easily. This would destroy PvP because everyone would have a good pet and if this were the case, it would be that everyone just had to train one pet and then had that pet that had a thirty pedigree, and have as good as stats as a 97 pedigree which is the max pedigree someone can get.
Blaze 46
Kevin 37
Justin 36
Brady 35
Tanner 35
Wolf 37
What does everyone having a good pet has to do with pvp? You dont think anyone who spends crowns deserves a good pet >.>.besides am not sure what your saying but pedigree doesn't really affect talent pools stats its just base max stats.