Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2009
So im looking for a pet. Ive been hatching with my balance pets and all i get is a better balance pet. How do i get a pet that i want. I want the wartle but cant seem to hatch it. Ive been hatching with the wartle and all i get is my balance pet. Please help!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Perch98 on Nov 27, 2018 wrote:
So im looking for a pet. Ive been hatching with my balance pets and all i get is a better balance pet. How do i get a pet that i want. I want the wartle but cant seem to hatch it. Ive been hatching with the wartle and all i get is my balance pet. Please help!
It can be frustrating when we try to get a cute body-type and keep getting back a pet that looks the same as our own. Looks can be decieving though and your pet might look the same as your balance pet but the stats and talents will have changed

When we want to make a new pet it is helpful to break it down into stages. Making a nice pet isn't all luck or magic, there are simple steps we can take that help us make decisions and make a pet we really like

When choosing a pet to hatch with immediately see a couple of things - the body-type and the talents it has manifested. If you like these also look at the stats. These are the numbers next to the bars we fill through training (strength, agility etc). The max they can be from top to bottom is 250 255 260 260 250. These numbers influence talents that work on a percentage eg damage, resists etc. The higher the numbers, the better the percentage will be when we fill the bars

If the pet has nice high numbers you're happy with then you might consider the pool of talents. The kiosk is very difficult for this because we can't ask the owner if they know any of the unmanifested talents. Even knowing how to pool read proficiently, it's very uncertain, so don't worry if you can't work it out!

Hatch with the SAME pet each time and train the baby (whatever body it gets) to adult for your next hatch. By the time your stats are the same and your talent pool looks the same you'll probably have the same body type too. If not keep hatching for it. When all 3 match (stats, pool, body) do one more hatch so you have 2. Hatch them together and train the babies until you get the right combo of talents manifested, if it fails just hatch the parents together again. Keep the parent pets safe for if the baby fails.

If you would like me to put my trip/double max stat death wartle (Midnight) into the kiosk for you to use, just let me know!

I hope this helps!

Explorer
Jul 20, 2018
Unfortunately, the only way to get the Wartle pet, aside from what you're already doing, is from a boss drop...near the end of Empyrea. I think the best way to increase your odds for Wartle is to use another pet while breeding. I have no idea whether this will work (#noob), but it's just a suggestion.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
I am not sure, but I believe that you are more likely to get the pet with the lower pedigree.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2018
It's fairly tricky to get the pet you want, or the so-called 'perfect pet.' In order for that to happen, as you say you keep getting your balance pet and want the wartle. I was able to hatch my blue cyclops at the time to get a kookaburra, and it took 3 tries. It may take more than 3 tries or less than if you're lucky. All you may have to do is, to actually keep on hatching. But you need to hatch it with the exact pet; the name of it, pedigree, talents etc.

Regards,
Arenph Lvl. 59