Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scion spell double effect discussion

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 03, 2016
I think the double effects for the Scion spells need to be.. easier to get.
The double effects for the spells are kind of too hard to get. lets talk about them. Warning: I wont be giving ideas of how to nerf them, I am discussing them and seeing if they are eligible for a fix. Mostly because I am not that.. "open-minded" of individuals, so ill leave that part to you guys.

Storm: storm is fine. no blades on the enemy? fair enough. I could understand if someone voted to make it harder to get though.

Death: Death is also kind of hard to get. the enemies must be below 33% hp? at the stage of the game, Classes that were at least a little bit built for fighting, (such as death) should be trying to 1-shot their enemies. not saying its
mandatory, just sayin.

Fire: They have to have 2 DoTs on them for the double effect to activate. idk about you, but I dont like to waste my rounds. Especially if it gets rid of the needed traps such as feints or stuff like that.

Myth: This one is KIND OF fine in my opinion, it requires you to have the target been stunned or at leas 2 stun blocks on you. Though as I said, its only kind of fine.

Balance: This effect is.. fine. 6+ blades? sure. that's fine, given balances ability to elemental/spirit blade. I support this.

Ice: this one is fine.. to an extent. it requires you to build up 12 pips, which is fine, but you need to be on max Hp for the effect. Especially considering the pip cost and how long you'd have to build up.

Life: This one is also fine to an extent. Requires YOU to be 25% hp or less, fine, but at that hp, your pretty much taking a bet. so yeah. It IS kind of fine, but the amount it heals is awful compared to other Heals such as satyr or 6-pip dryads. the double effect doesn't really need an effect.. but I think increasing the health from 25% to like 40% or something would be fine, so yeah.

That's my take on the situation!

EDIT: I actually am very late on the spells and their new effects. with all due respect, I am very sorry for this. please ignore the fire and life effects.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
You seem to be a bit late on the Scion spells. They were changed to 11 pips, and some of the effects were changed.

: 1275, Double damage if target has no Charms.

: 975 Drain, Double damage if you or target have less than 33% HP.

: 1200, Double damage if target has 6+ traps.

: 1150, Double damage if you have 3+ stunblocks or target is stunned.

: 1125, Double damage if you have 6+ blades.

: 1100, Double damage if you have +90% HP.

: 1100 Heal (Target) + 300 Overtime Heal (Team), x2 if target has less than 25% HP.

Of all of these, the ones i feel need a buff would be Ice and Life.

Granted, Ice has more breathing space than if any other school were to have the same condition, but at most that's still going to be around 900 health. One critical is all it takes to ruin your day.

As for Life, i feel the fairest release of it was the second release (it had double the Overtime Heal), but it got nerfed before release to the point where it was roughly as weak as a Dryad again. It's only marginally better if you were to execute the double, and that's due to the additional Overtime Heal, but you'd be better off just spamming Pigsie or Rebirth.

If i had to say a third it would be bumping up Death's base drain to around 1000, but it is still somewhat workable as a big hit if you execute the double.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
fire doesnt need 2 DoTs anymore, it needs 6 traps which was really a great change and it makes sense now, ice maybe not the best im not sure but i think if it was 85% or 80% would be betterr., storm is good, balance is good, myth is not bad, death is so bad about the damage not the double damage thing, life is not bad too, cuz no one even gonna spend 11 pips for healing only, i could use 2 satyrs better.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Mirandaassassin II on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:
You seem to be a bit late on the Scion spells. They were changed to 11 pips, and some of the effects were changed.

: 1275, Double damage if target has no Charms.

: 975 Drain, Double damage if you or target have less than 33% HP.

: 1200, Double damage if target has 6+ traps.

: 1150, Double damage if you have 3+ stunblocks or target is stunned.

: 1125, Double damage if you have 6+ blades.

: 1100, Double damage if you have +90% HP.

: 1100 Heal (Target) + 300 Overtime Heal (Team), x2 if target has less than 25% HP.

Of all of these, the ones i feel need a buff would be Ice and Life.

Granted, Ice has more breathing space than if any other school were to have the same condition, but at most that's still going to be around 900 health. One critical is all it takes to ruin your day.

As for Life, i feel the fairest release of it was the second release (it had double the Overtime Heal), but it got nerfed before release to the point where it was roughly as weak as a Dryad again. It's only marginally better if you were to execute the double, and that's due to the additional Overtime Heal, but you'd be better off just spamming Pigsie or Rebirth.

If i had to say a third it would be bumping up Death's base drain to around 1000, but it is still somewhat workable as a big hit if you execute the double.
Nupe, I looked at an up-to-date article. granted, I may have made some mistakes but I do know of the nerfs they made.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2018
TheLoyalStorm on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:
Nupe, I looked at an up-to-date article. granted, I may have made some mistakes but I do know of the nerfs they made.
You obviously did not look at an up-to-date article if it said what you said. He's right, you're wrong.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
DeathDefyinDemon on Nov 22, 2018 wrote:
You obviously did not look at an up-to-date article if it said what you said. He's right, you're wrong.
Yeah, I edited my original post to say I am not up-to-date, sorry for the inconvenience.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I don't see myself using any of them much TBH. There aren't many fights where we can wait for that many pips, and trying to get the double effect requires either a coordinated team or very good luck.

More reliable to use our lower rank spells in most cases.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
No one will use these spells regularly unless they make them more like 9 pip spells. I think 9 is a good number considering the conditions that have to be met. More than once I have tried to use my spell only to have on member use a trap while I'm trying to get back to the 11 pips. Frustrating to say the least. I also think they need to shrink the animations down a bit as the trees are so huge it fills your entire screen and half the time ya cant even see the damage done.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I am gonna list all the needed fixes or suggest nerfs to some based on view of gameplay

Balance: Raise 6-9 blades since balance is not more OP than fire

Fire: Change 6 traps, to equal 100% on enemy of fire trap [makes backdraft useful- and it wont lower spell damage]

Ice: if caster health above 90% or if he has aura + tower shield on them [makes it a bit easier- but reduces damage due to shield]

Death: If health bellow 24% double [prevents juju spamming] or 4 infections on enemy

Life: allows to target enemy as a hit if life has 5 blades (life), or regular double

Myth: Double if minion is up [no other condition to double] remove the 3 stun block requirement

Storm: Can only double if supercharge is up and is above 50% [currently its to OP with an enfeeble pet]

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Lukeskywalker1313 on Nov 25, 2018 wrote:
I am gonna list all the needed fixes or suggest nerfs to some based on view of gameplay

Fire: Change 6 traps, to equal 100% on enemy of fire trap [makes backdraft useful- and it wont lower spell damage]

Ice: if caster health above 90% or if he has aura + tower shield on them [makes it a bit easier- but reduces damage due to shield]

Death: If health bellow 24% double [prevents juju spamming] or 4 infections on enemy

Life: allows to target enemy as a hit if life has 5 blades (life), or regular double

Myth: Double if minion is up [no other condition to double] remove the 3 stun block requirement

Storm: Can only double if supercharge is up and is above 50% [currently its to OP with an enfeeble pet]
Balance- Fine as it is
Fire- Fine as it is
Ice- Making them have an aura on shield on them is a ridiculously easy condition. I would settle for an 80% hp or less
Death- Death is fine as it is, no one juju spams in pvp anymore with 25% of your hp gone in one juju
Life- Life should be converted to a hit but 5 life blades is way too excessive of a condition. That's a 5 round prep at least. I like the idea someone had of doubles if sanctuary is up.
Storm- Storm's condition is fine as it is and does not need a nerf. Plus your nerf would make the spell completely useless. The Storm wizard would have to wait till 5 pips then completely drain their resources to 0 THEN wait till 11 pips. That's ridiculous. Not to mention no Storm worth their salt uses a mc enfeeble pet in max pvp. That's a waste of a talent for Storm.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Lukeskywalker1313 on Nov 25, 2018 wrote:

To be clear, when I said "fine as it is" in my previous quote I am referring to the live realm versions of the spells not yours.