Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Third Arc

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 09, 2018
Why do you all think that KI decided to go for three worlds this time instead of five like the previous two arcs?

I mean, they are putting a lot more resources into iOS and Android games, so maybe they're trying to move away from producing as much content for W101 and P101.

Maybe they're running out of ideas for spells/worlds/conflicts/plot?

What do you think is in store for next year if not another world? Maybe another four dungeons type update?

I'd like to hear your thoughts!

(Also posting this in Empyrea)

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Hello!

To be fair, it's not like they've done 10 story arcs all with 5 worlds, then one with 3 worlds. This isn't really out of the ordinary, but I think the first 2 was just a coincidence.
Plus, you can only come up with so many problems for some characters, ya know?

-TiffanyHex

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Quite Honestly, I think that the three worlds of the third arc have more to do than the five worlds of the first arc.

Wizard City has five main questing areas.

Korkotopia has three main questing areas with a subset of three in each main area.

Marleybone has 2 main questing areas with a subset of 4 from Digimore Station and 3 from Scotland Yard

Mooshu had three main areas and Dragonspyre just blended into itself

Empyrea alone (I just made it to the Aeroplaines) has at more than 10 distinct areas with as much to do as any one of the above mentioned areas.

Mirage was a large world as well.

I don't see the quantity of story diminishing over time but rather the ideas of how it is distributed. KI has also stated on more than one occasion that there is a fourth arc planned and currently being worked on, so . (Personally, I'd rather see Wizard City finish it's makeover and makeover of Krokotopia before I see a new arc.) It would be nice if KI would give us another tiered-level world like Grizzlehiem before embarking on the fourth arc.

Just my two cents

Steven Ghoststalker