Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Third Arc

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 09, 2018
Why do you all think that KI decided to go for three worlds this time instead of five like the previous two arcs?

I mean, they are putting a lot more resources into iOS and Android games, so maybe they're trying to move away from producing as much content for W101 and P101.

Maybe they're running out of ideas for spells/worlds/conflicts/plot?

What do you think is in store for next year if not another world? Maybe another four dungeons type update?

I'd like to hear your thoughts!

(Also posting this in Ravenwood Commons)

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Guavaman16 on Nov 18, 2018 wrote:
Why do you all think that KI decided to go for three worlds this time instead of five like the previous two arcs?

I mean, they are putting a lot more resources into iOS and Android games, so maybe they're trying to move away from producing as much content for W101 and P101.

Maybe they're running out of ideas for spells/worlds/conflicts/plot?

What do you think is in store for next year if not another world? Maybe another four dungeons type update?

I'd like to hear your thoughts!

(Also posting this in Ravenwood Commons)
They mentioned that they're going for quality over quantity, but they are still putting a lot more resources into mobile games than they used to...

I'm expecting next year a new dungeon for level 130 players, as well as the start of the fourth arc.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2018
The decision to move from 5 world arcs to 3 world arcs was made a while back, and has nothing to do with us running out of ideas. We figured shorter, tighter stories would serve you guys better!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
The Curator on Nov 26, 2018 wrote:
The decision to move from 5 world arcs to 3 world arcs was made a while back, and has nothing to do with us running out of ideas. We figured shorter, tighter stories would serve you guys better!
I can't help but wonder when this decision was made. Old Cob mentioned five locations at the end of Khrysalis, which would suggest a five-world arc, and we only visited three.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
The Curator on Nov 26, 2018 wrote:
It doesn't make a difference to me if its three worlds, or a 20 world epic. Let's just keep things moving.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2018
Robobot1747 on Nov 26, 2018 wrote:
I can't help but wonder when this decision was made. Old Cob mentioned five locations at the end of Khrysalis, which would suggest a five-world arc, and we only visited three.
Actually, when Librarian Fitzhume took over the writing department he went into the reasoning at some length.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
FusionSun on Nov 20, 2018 wrote:
They mentioned that they're going for quality over quantity, but they are still putting a lot more resources into mobile games than they used to...

I'm expecting next year a new dungeon for level 130 players, as well as the start of the fourth arc.
The last time "quality over quantity" phrase was used by KI, was during the MMO team merge. That's when Pirate101 stopped getting world updates....and the quality dropped severely on that side of the Spiral (because there was basically zero quantity).

"Quality" is a very subjective term. I doubt this means less bugs/issues for new world launches, but rather effort being put into new visuals (like graphic revamps or better character models). What it clearly means, is that players will have less worlds to visit, less overall storylines, less NPCs to meet, etc. It could also mean more quality towards their mobile department at the expense of their MMOs....which has been the trend since 2015, since the "golden years" of KI MMOs were prior to the introduction of their mobile department.