Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New spell system review And new world

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 10, 2015
hello everyone it’s good to be back to the new world.

I think that king isle has finally decided to push the game system in a new direction and this is good news. Many players are flaming kingisle for the new spells- but believe it that it is for better.

Up to this point all spells played same- now we finally got back to the place where spells are unique gameplay. Despite not being best I got to say props to kingisle for finally doing what we fans wanted

So how can we improve the system? It is good but kingisle you can still push it further next year. Here is my improvements

—> fundamentally we are missing a few building blocks that need to be addressed. Someone suggested this earlier about a new level of enchants that would have unique effects.

A good start but there is a potential here. Spells should have based on their pips and strength tiers [ depending on how we mix spells enchants]

Enchant level 1: spell function decides if spell will be a dot, single, or segmented. (Depending on class lore fire spells will have advantage to dot function, myth to segments etc)

Enchant level 2: dictates the ailment, or lack of one

Enchant level 3: sets a combo based on spell rank.

Now kingisle would decide based on class what spells could have what effect.

That would make spells of higher pips more insentevised.

What do you guys think

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Lukeskywalker1313 on Nov 10, 2018 wrote:
hello everyone it’s good to be back to the new world.

I think that king isle has finally decided to push the game system in a new direction and this is good news. Many players are flaming kingisle for the new spells- but believe it that it is for better.

Up to this point all spells played same- now we finally got back to the place where spells are unique gameplay. Despite not being best I got to say props to kingisle for finally doing what we fans wanted

So how can we improve the system? It is good but kingisle you can still push it further next year. Here is my improvements

—> fundamentally we are missing a few building blocks that need to be addressed. Someone suggested this earlier about a new level of enchants that would have unique effects.

A good start but there is a potential here. Spells should have based on their pips and strength tiers [ depending on how we mix spells enchants]

Enchant level 1: spell function decides if spell will be a dot, single, or segmented. (Depending on class lore fire spells will have advantage to dot function, myth to segments etc)

Enchant level 2: dictates the ailment, or lack of one

Enchant level 3: sets a combo based on spell rank.

Now kingisle would decide based on class what spells could have what effect.

That would make spells of higher pips more insentevised.

What do you guys think
Hello there, mate, I came across your implemented ideas and could not but help to comment on it. First off I do agree with the new spells unique as they are, is a very nice additional upgrade rank to each and every school. However, the requirements for some school vs others are a bit on the skeptic side. a solid example is the notorious Ice school that is able to blade stack and able to do full damage with that blade stack base on their health vs other schools such as balance who loses all blades just to double that said damage. I think you need to recheck on the effects of the spells.
That's is why I do believe some people are flaming. Now I don't need to get on the PvP side of matters but just to throw it out there K I just added another arsenal spell to the notorious ice school. And am not bias but life deserve a better effect 1k healing I can simply get off my fairy xD not worth the trouble of casting id to prefer it if had some kind of absorb effect or if it was the other way around were as 300 heal to caster 1315 overtime to all if health is below 25% aka a better version of rebirth. Tell me what you think about what I said ill be glad to hear out your opinions.