Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just Use Your Hands!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
Have you ever not used a wand?
Did you actually enjoy the animation of just your hands, but don't like how you have to give up the stats of your op weapon of choice?

If that is the case then we are on the same page! I have always wanted a way to be able to have the stats of my staff but cast as though I didn't have it equipped. At first, I thought "what if?" there was a setting to just have it play the hands animation, which of course is ridiculous. That's when it dawned on me that there was an easier solution! What if a wand was made that gave no stats, and was purely cosmetic with the hand animation? I believe this could be possible if there was a wand that added a glowing effect on your characters hands, kinda like the start of a mojo blade from Pirate101. It could also be dyeable so you could have two different color hands or two same color hands. It doesn't need stats just as long as it stitches, so you can maintain high stats. Its casting animation would be the same as if you didn't have a wand, but the glow would, of course, follow the hands in sync. Thank you for the read, I hope you like the idea! <3
Sincerely,

Dustin Sparklefountain

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Would be great hand animations are cool but major problem thou

By magic lore even in Harry Potter magic with hands is much weaker. It is hard to focus magic so it is weaker. Maybe we need a magic ring wand? To make more sense.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
Good idea, perhaps you could stitch it, and have the wand hits be punches or something

Defender
Jul 01, 2015
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Cinderpelt3051 on Nov 10, 2018 wrote:
Did you actually enjoy the animation of just your hands, but don't like how you have to give up the stats of your op weapon of choice?

If that is the case then we are on the same page! I have always wanted a way to be able to have the stats of my staff but cast as though I didn't have it equipped. At first, I thought "what if?" there was a setting to just have it play the hands animation, which of course is ridiculous. That's when it dawned on me that there was an easier solution! What if a wand was made that gave no stats, and was purely cosmetic with the hand animation? I believe this could be possible if there was a wand that added a glowing effect on your characters hands, kinda like the start of a mojo blade from Pirate101. It could also be dyeable so you could have two different color hands or two same color hands. It doesn't need stats just as long as it stitches, so you can maintain high stats. Its casting animation would be the same as if you didn't have a wand, but the glow would, of course, follow the hands in sync. Thank you for the read, I hope you like the idea! <3
Sincerely,

Dustin Sparklefountain
Is it fair to say you just came up with a wand that is like a pair of gloves?

They could be clear (eg show our hands) or as you mentioned, coloured and not necessarily matching...it would be pretty cool

Perhaps this could be designed as a Christmas drop...with it being chilly weather our wizards might like a pair of gloves

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Cinderpelt3051 on Nov 10, 2018 wrote:

Sincerely,

Dustin Sparklefountain
Perhaps a wand made to look like a pair of gloves, without stats, stitchable and using the hand cast animation? I love your idea and I do like the "no wand" hand animation, I hope KI will consider this.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on Nov 10, 2018 wrote:
Would be great hand animations are cool but major problem thou

By magic lore even in Harry Potter magic with hands is much weaker. It is hard to focus magic so it is weaker. Maybe we need a magic ring wand? To make more sense.
Well, just think of Dr. Strange - does he ever use a wand?

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Good luck, I asked for casting gloves, two and three years ago. I like the hand animation also. The treads each had a few supporters, but no gloves yet.
To the forum lurkers: You don't have to reply, but you can still show support for the idea. Give the original post of this thread a charm. You remain anonymous, don't have to type, and KI sees that people like the idea. If you see another post with a variation you like instead of the author's then charm that post too.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Zebulous Newt on Nov 12, 2018 wrote:
Good luck, I asked for casting gloves, two and three years ago. I like the hand animation also. The treads each had a few supporters, but no gloves yet.
To the forum lurkers: You don't have to reply, but you can still show support for the idea. Give the original post of this thread a charm. You remain anonymous, don't have to type, and KI sees that people like the idea. If you see another post with a variation you like instead of the author's then charm that post too.
I just did a search for gloves and it brought up ( besides your thread ) 15 thread subjects about casting with hands! I think Ki should seriously consider gloves as a wand.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
Victoria FireHeart on Nov 10, 2018 wrote:
Is it fair to say you just came up with a wand that is like a pair of gloves?

They could be clear (eg show our hands) or as you mentioned, coloured and not necessarily matching...it would be pretty cool

Perhaps this could be designed as a Christmas drop...with it being chilly weather our wizards might like a pair of gloves
The only downside to having something that was opaque is how would it work with robes that already have gloves?
I could see them going over, but I feel they would look a bit disproportionate.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Cinderpelt3051 on Nov 13, 2018 wrote:
The only downside to having something that was opaque is how would it work with robes that already have gloves?
I could see them going over, but I feel they would look a bit disproportionate.
If we selected for them to be transparent then it would show our hands the same as they would be without them eg invisible. If the robe has gloves then you'd see them; if they don't, your hands would look the same as usual.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2013
let's give this guy a hand for his creative idea.

i'll leave now.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Just make a gauntlet that is gold and has 5 different colored gems on it.

I feel like the kids would like it for some reason....

maybe call it "Infinite Power Glove" or something

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Hello!

I personally would love this! Ever since I accidentally deleted my new life wizard's wand a week ago, I didn't want to even use a wand on her! Sadly, I did have to because of the precious stats and extra cards given. I think this is a great idea and I would love to see it in the game soon!

-TiffanyHex

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
exp613 on Nov 18, 2018 wrote:
Just make a gauntlet that is gold and has 5 different colored gems on it.

I feel like the kids would like it for some reason....

maybe call it "Infinite Power Glove" or something
Wand animation needs to be snapping one's fingers.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Robobot1747 on Nov 18, 2018 wrote:
Wand animation needs to be snapping one's fingers.
A bit more hard to animate than a hand wave, but still a creative idea. At least no one has suggested a nose twitch....

Or head bob.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
I feel like a wand that is a ring worn on your bare hands is probably the best solution.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Hmmm, the lack of gloves may be intentional. I forgot about the boots completely. In the crown shop there are two pairs of boots that increase running speed. The speed increase stacks with using a mount. These boots have no other stats, just the added running speed. So If you want to almost double the default running speed you basically sacrifice an equipment slot and ride the fastest mount. On the other hand, the stats on a pair of boots don't affect battles as drastically as starting a fight with one less power pip. For that matter the boots give a non combat bonus. If you are careful you can just equip fighting boots before you fight, then go back to speed boots to zip around the map. Whereas wand waving vs hand waving is strictly a battle issue.