Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

secondary school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 31, 2018
I am new and built a storm what would be the best secondary school to use my training points?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Welcome.

The idea of having a secondary school is a bit of a fallacy. You would be far better to train to certain levels in a few different schools.

I would train in the Life School until you learn Satyr.
I would train Ice until you learn Tower Shield
I would train Death until you learn Feint.

Those three spells will help you more than you know.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
I would advise not to touch Satyr, storm won't use Satyr; you almost always end stuff quicker than you need healing. Training up to Satyr waste like 4-5 trainer points(Not saying you won't have excess, you definitely would). If you want to have a feel for it go to the bazaar in olde town, get some Satyr and have a feel for yourself how often you use them. (Ps. You get a healing spell of your own later on that doesn't cost any tp).

This is how you should play your storm efficiently...

Before you start you should try to obtain should enchantment spells, it helps you get through your quest much much easier, especially early on. Those are the spell that have a or sometimes symbol next to them, they include "Tough", "Strong", "Monstrous", etc. They can be found in the bazaar, if by all mean you could simply ask around for them; its isn't at all expensive, others won't mind. I advise you try to get your hands on monstrous which +175 to any spell, it can be use by any level wizard.

Wizard City : Follow along with the quest line and get a feel for it, its generally easy. If you struggle its ok, you're learning the basics of what you need to know here.
[You should be level 1->10 by the end of this world]
[Wear whatever the quest drops for level 5]
[Go to the Bazaar find highest accuracy and damage gear, forget about the health and power pip chance for now]

Krokotopia : Recommend you to enchant storm bat 250 avg damage + 175 = 425 instant damage + the damage from gear should be enough to end most enemies.
[You should be level 10-20 in this world]
[Try to find level 15 and 20 attires with damage and accuracy as priority in the bazaar]
[Find the athame with the highest power pip chance, that is all that would matter (Powerpip chance allow you to obtain 2 pip in one round more often).
At around level 15, try to get a wand that gives pip as quick as you can, this allows you to storm bat in only one round.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Marleybone : Enchantment should still carry you very well here.
[Should be level 20-30 in this world]
Storm get its most important spell at level 28, called "Tempest'; advise to see your professor in raven-wood before proceeding.
Some rings and athame now give up to 8+9% power pip chance.
At level 30 you should see Cyrus Drake (The Myth Professor) for the Zeus quest.... now pick a path...
a) I am struggling and getting killed-> Advise you go get the the Zeus gear for additional defense with various other stats.
b) I am doing fine, than I would say to skip the Zeus gear and proceed with the bazaar gear with the highest accuracy and damage. Your damage should easily reach 30+% with almost perfect accuracy.

*Regardless of your choice its advise you do Zeus at least once... here is why, Ares Savage Spear drops the "Sky Iron Hasta" which allows +10% damage instantly. This is the best wand basically until level 100, like literally.

Mooshu: If you hadn't started crafting yet you should start now. Talk to the lady next to the bear in Olde Town she should instruct you to collect some mist wood, proceed with her quest. Mooshu should be fairly easy now that you have tempest. Generally tempest (2 pips) = 160 + 175 enchantment 335 damage to all enemy first round at this point. 335 + 30%(generally speaking) = 435 damage, don't be afraid to blade (435 +30% = 565+ damage)
[Should be level 30-40 in this world]
Like before for level 35 and 40 you can easily obtain good accuracy, powerpip, and damage gear in the bazaar.
If bosses get too hard its generally good go find help, If you can find a wizard to feint the bosses (a +70% trap) you can end all boss battle very quickly)

Dragonspyre: If you hadn't found friends yet you should, it makes questing much easier. Ask others to blade or feint for you, be nice about it though. Its about to get harder, won't get easier from here.
[Generally should be 40-50 in this world]
[TRY to get the bazaar gear for level 45]

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Celestia] : Its a bit more harder than what you experienced but its should work out, now that you learn "Storm Lord" and your powerpip and accuracy should be flawless with at least a 30% attack, you should consider buying yourself some tc storm blades if you hadn't already. The easiest location would be the oasis tc shop. They might be 1000 gold each but its well worth the gold. Now you should tc blade , normal blade, monstrous storm lord for most battle. Your partner should be feinting and amulet feinting if they can. If this is done right celestia will go by extremely fast.
[Should be level 50->60)
If you hadn't already go do your crafting quest up to floating island. Now ask a friend who is higher level or have finish wintertusk to teleport you to "Carax StrongThread" in wintertusk. He has your level 58 gear which should replace anything you had before. Crafting it should raise you to a minimum of 70%+ storm attacks, yeah I know what you are thinking.

For your ring and athame try to find one with +storm attacks and power pip at the same time at the bazaar, it is there sometimes. If not go for the highest power pip chance one. Storm attack should be well above +75-80% with the athame and ring.

Water Work
This place is optional, it gives the same gear as the crafted version, but the drop rate make it harder to get than the crafted gear above. Storm's crafted gear is better than waterwork anyways, but if you are interested, its in triton avenue.

[Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca] : Fairly easy with your storm lord set up, switch over to siren if you want; this is where you really should be having a questing partner who feints for you, it is exponentially that much easier. Search the web for possible cheats. I don't mean you should cheating, I mean the boss will cheat.
Gear won't change, the water work or the crafted wintertusk gear is much better than anything until later on
[You should be leveling from within 60->90 in these areas]
Dont forget deck

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Azteca and Khyrsalis : When you finish Azteca you probably realize its getting really LONG and Difficult compare to the other worlds. In general yes. You should long had train the enchantment spells that are much stronger than monsterous from celestia.

[Level 90-100]
When you reach 90 go to cyrus drake AGAIN and now accept the hades quest in raven-wood. ANNOY the poseidon quest. You should get together and plan to conquer Chronos a optional boss in the hades dungeon. Chronos drop the improved wand (Hades Staff of Tempest) and your improved athame (Blade of Felled Titan). Go back to mount olympic where you face zeus, there should be a hidden optional dungeon in there too. You would have to farm Gladiator for the ring "Alpha and Omega Ring". These should raise your attack much more as one of they EACH give around 10-15%+ attack plus I don't quite remember. With these your attack could easily reach 100+%, depending on your choice to use Hades Staff of Tempest or continue to use the Sky Iron Hasta.

[ITS ADVISE YOU GET THE RING AND ATHAME FOR THE UPCOMING ATHAME IS MUCH MUCH HARDER]
Level 100 you should go see Dworgyn in the night side to speak of the Darkmoor. Its advise you drop everything and do these quest before even proceeding to Polaris for now. Here is a list of you level 100 gear...
Hat: (Malistaire Flux hat)from Malistaire the Undying in Graveyard
Robe: (Malistaire Flux robe)from Malistaire the Undying in Graveyard
Boots: Don't worry about it for now go ahead, use whatever is best atm.
Wand: You can either use sky iron hasta or Malistaire's wand. The best wand is in premium packs.
Athame: Drops by Yevgeny in the graveyard (Very hard drop rate, you can go thousands of battles and still not get it, or get it the first try.) (Called Dragon Talon of Tumult)
Amulet: The best amulet in the game, which is still the best, at least for storm who don't PVP is drop in the last battle in the upperhall. Its called (Flygob Medallion)

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Ring: Very much depends, alpha and omega is ok but the best would had to wait until a later world.
Deck: Try to craft the extra power pip wand as quick as possible, You should start with 5 pips from now on.

[Polaris ->Mirage -> Empyrea]
Ill let you figure it out, if you can follow all that I said than you are well adept enough to handle it.

125-130 Gear
Hat:The new empyrea 2 gear decreases critical for increase attack
Robe: Still malistaire
Boots: The same individual who drop deck drops boots all about the same except for the key room. Secret tunnel also drops a good boot in aerial jungle. The new empyrea 2 boot is better than all of this if you don't mind reducing power pip of course.
Wand: Like always its locked away in those packs
Athame: Long live Dragon Tamult from graveyard.
Amulet: Still the Flygob
Ring: Mimic drop best ring for storm
Some other school ring is improve upon empyrea 2 update but storm its still Mimic in Mirage key room
Deck: Various one includes the one drop from Rat in Polaris, Key room in polaris, Scorpion in mirage, or beast man in empryea. They generally have the same stats just minor differences. If you want the best down to the minor differences than the new storm deck will be good, not sure where you get that yet as the actual game didn't come out yet, but there a minor increase in critical and block.

I hope I helped , if you are stuck with improving your stats or how to proceed you know where to look.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to the Message Boards and to the game!

You've chosen a fine school to begin your journey.

Now as mentioned earlier, the spells you would want to pursue are listed above.

So, since you're aware of that, how about I provide a couple tips as a young Diviner just joining?

Side Quests - Do side quests. Do not skip over them, especially ones requiring Training Points (which you will need to purchase off school spells) such as Zeke's. Also, you'll discover later down that quite a few of these quest will lead to spells and school pets.

Use Treasure Cards - Treasure Cards are highly helpful! As a diviner, I highly recommend visiting the Bazaar and purchasing a few Treasures boosting the accuracy of your hits. These treasures includes Keen Eyes, Sniper & Accurate. Purchase a few and add them to your side deck.

Defending - Remember to note your opponent's pips along with their traps and/or blades them may have used on themselves or you. Shield adequately so you're not taken out by a massive hit.

Also, please feel free to explore these threads created by Sparck. Here, multiple wizards chimed in on tips that I'm sure you can find useful!

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/your-gameplay-tips-for-october-2018-8ad6a424663900d301667dc028b8630c?page=1

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/your-gameplay-tips-for-september-2018-8ad6a42565ccd6c80165ed450aaa5d7b?page=1

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
While you may hear Headmaster Ambrose himself advise you to choose a secondary school, I personally, do not recommend it.

If your mind is set on choosing a school, however, what I suggest for wizards with greater defense and less offense (,) is to choose storm until you achieve Storm Shark. This allows you to carry powerful hits in your deck (storm snake, bats, and shark) that will give you a good cushion through wizard city if you are new to the game. Keep in mind that you will most likely have base 70% accuracy, and no blades unless they are treasure cards.

For schools that have more offense to begin with (,,,) I suggest the death class. This will eventually give you feint, which is quite handy if you wish to take on bosses solo later in the game.

I suggest saving all your training points for later in the game. Post-DragonSpyre, you will encounter new trainers that you may wish you had saved your points for.

At the end of the day, training points are fairly cheap to refund (some times free for members), so feel free to experiment and find what you enjoy most!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
My storm prefers to have a spare dryad TC for emergency heals rather than satyr. I don't train it on storm because it's too many pips - if she has enough to heal she has enough to kill! A dryad TC will work any round in an emergency.

Definitely get feint, elemental blades and traps from Niles the Balance Tree (don't bother with spirit blades or traps). Tower is only necessary for PvP, I don't bother for PvE. Once in Celestia go for the Sun damage enchants - all schools need this available and storm should always try to keep up-to-date with them as we gain access

You'll need to keep training points available for potent trap and sharpen blade too - they're AMAZING!

There are tons of training points available later in the game but to start off with use them sparingly so you don't run out!

Good luck and happy questing!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I did about what Victoria suggested above.

I trained Life just to Sprite, elemental blade and trap, then mostly saved points. You'll want the Sun school damage boosts beginning at level 50, and later auras, potent trap, and sharpen blade. Storm's native heal (healing current) is iffy on its own, but pretty decent if you enchant it. Sprite enchanted with Primordial TC is handy at lower levels.

Bigger off-school spells use too many pips unless you have mastery, and even then, they are difficult to optimize, so think more in terms of utility than attacks.