Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas to bring players back

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
I think pet derby tourneyments and clans could bring people back

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
also forgives could bring players back. i e had so many friends quit after being banned or muted i lost count.
yes i know they broke the rules. but they learn from it and most would think twice about making that mistake again.
all the other games for example have a way to restore your account. say minecraft. some offer you 1 chance for a fee of $10-20 etc and some are unlimited unbans im not saying we need unlimited, but why not forgive or give a player 1 more chance for a fee. everyones responce to an unmute or an unban is,, oh just make a new account, most people who loved this game put mass time into it. some people had 5-6 maxes in 1 account. thats like 10 years of questing with gear housing pets plants etc. its really not as simple to just start over.
my 2 cents

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
deadmanfred123 on Nov 4, 2018 wrote:
I think pet derby tourneyments and clans could bring people back
they've stated, quite clearly that guilds/clans will NOT be happening in the game.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Galen D on Dec 4, 2018 wrote:
also forgives could bring players back. i e had so many friends quit after being banned or muted i lost count.
yes i know they broke the rules. but they learn from it and most would think twice about making that mistake again.
all the other games for example have a way to restore your account. say minecraft. some offer you 1 chance for a fee of $10-20 etc and some are unlimited unbans im not saying we need unlimited, but why not forgive or give a player 1 more chance for a fee. everyones responce to an unmute or an unban is,, oh just make a new account, most people who loved this game put mass time into it. some people had 5-6 maxes in 1 account. thats like 10 years of questing with gear housing pets plants etc. its really not as simple to just start over.
my 2 cents
Have they contacted KI about it in a polite and reasonable manner? Did they accept responsibility for their mistakes, apologise, and reassure KI that if they are trusted again they won't let them down again?

Long term mutes and bans usually come after multiple warnings. If it's a single incident then it was something really bad that can't be ignored in a children's game. A big problem is that when KI sanctions people, the player often resorts to denial of any wrong-doing, aggressive and rude emails, and (ridiculous) threats of legal action etc.

A few years ago I was good friends with a girl who was sweet, kind, polite, funny, friendly....all the nice qualities you like to see in people, especially in young people who are tomorrow's adults She made a HUGE mistake...she let someone else use her account and they took advantage of her trusting attitude. They said awful things and she got a 10 year mute. She was gutted! She contacted KI, admitted her mistake, apologised, promised never to be so silly again and asked for another chance. KI reduced her mute to ONE MONTH! She will never make a mistake with her account again and KI don't need to worry about the same thing happening again...everyone wins and KI forgave her.

Too often people forget 'KI' is not a faceless corporation. KI is made up of real people who have feelings! Many negative things written to Support would never be said to someone face-to-face. They don't deserve that and I respect that they won't reply to nasty messages. When they are given the respect they deserve as PEOPLE, they listen, respond and DO have understanding/compassion...

It would be a dis-service to staff to do a blanket unbanning of people who have been awful to them and a dis-service to players to have the Spiral flooded with people who don't respect those around them.

If people want their accounts unbanned they need to make amends directly, show they have changed, and accept the decision KI makes even if it is still 'no'.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
yes victoria your correct and i agree with you %100 percent. but there have been more cases where ki doesnt budge and is stance stays the same no matter how much they apoligize or beg for forgiveness. ive seen it first hand. my brothers account currently holds a ten year mute and hes tried those steps. yes he was warned and yes he did have a temporary mute in the past and was on a last chance. but long story short he changed kept quiet and kept to himself. then one day he just replied to someone and got false reported for saying nothing other then gg. yes he got a perm mute, yes he did beg ki to go through the chat logs yes he did offer them pictures of the screenshots he took because he knew he was on a last chance and was scared of the consiquences of a mistake. no they didnt budge, they brought up past instances and past warnings. yes he did stop playing, i use that account for gardening now.
he laughs at me now when he sees me still playing wiz. i do love it but i feel that if they handled his case or im sure there are thousands more who have sob stories to tell then less people would get frusterated and quit.