Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please change the "team up" feature!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
Add the option to only accept help from people close to your level. I'm so tired of joining teams where someone is 50 levels higher than I am. That's no fun, and it ruins what should be a really cool feature.

Delver
May 29, 2009
I agree that would be ideal. However, there are many lower levels who enjoy farming or want to "speed through" a dungeon so they can get back to their regular questing.

One of the most popular farming sites is the Loremaster.I cannot tell you how many times I went in on my level 57 and had others that were around the same level be in the same fight. If there isn't a wizard in the battle with Shadow Pips who can kill in two or three rounds, those wizards will flee because as they say "this is going to take too long"

One thing I would suggest is that you perhaps talk to them at the beginning of the dungeon and ask if they will let you enjoy the storyline and read the dialogue. That was one of my personal pet peeves even before "Team Up": wizards running into battle while you're still reading the text. Or worse the text disappears before you even get the chance!

Good luck with future team ups! If you're lucky you might even be able to find a questing partner through a random run :)

~SM~

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Patrick Postreader on Oct 31, 2018 wrote:
Add the option to only accept help from people close to your level. I'm so tired of joining teams where someone is 50 levels higher than I am. That's no fun, and it ruins what should be a really cool feature.
That's an excellent idea for dungeons like Mount Olympus where there are level 30's wanting the main dungeon and level 90 (or thereabouts) wanting Gladiator.

Some lower levels needing help LOVE it when a high level comes in a cleans up fast...they'd still be able to get that help. Those who want a more level appropriate team might have to wait longer, but they can make that choice and when they get a team they can be a lot more involved, enjoy the challenge of the dungeon and make some level appropriate friends too for future questing and dungeons!

The only down side I can think of off-hand would be that it might be quite a long wait for someone only wanting people of a similar level because not only would they have to wait for them to team up, but the other person would also have had to click they want level appropriate only. They're more likely to be teaming up from the sigil and if it is their quest, I suspect a lot of people would prioritise getting help quickly so they can continue questing over having a team who are all on that dungeon...there would also be a high chance of only getting one person to help before the timer ports you in and only 2 people for a dungeon might still be tricky...and you'd be relying on them staying for the entire thing and not giving in.

It's a tricky one, but there is some tweaking that could be done to the kiosk to make it even better for everyone.

To be honest, I think the team-up kiosk is the most game changing make-a-wish idea ever! Derrick Blaze's human did a mighty fine thing for the whole wizarding experience and bringing the community together to help each other...he should be massively proud of his positive impact! Well done Derrick Lawrence and a huge THANK YOU!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Yes. lovely idea. I mentioned this in my past posts saying; Please show wizard's level above their icon in team-up mode and/at kiosk so we know the team's strength ahead of time. A few of my much lower level wizards farmed Mirror Lake for pet snacks and gear to sell for gold. I can't tell you how bored and frustrated i got battling in a team of maxed level wizards. All they do is critical, critical, critical and/or with a rediculously high fist damage rate everytime they hit leaving me without a single chance to gain enough pips to cast a good spell 8 out of 10 runs. . Kingsisle, Please fix Team-up kiosk. I rather wait a little longer for a team I want to have my fun.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 2, 2018 wrote:
Yes. lovely idea. I mentioned this in my past posts saying; Please show wizard's level above their icon in team-up mode and/at kiosk so we know the team's strength ahead of time. A few of my much lower level wizards farmed Mirror Lake for pet snacks and gear to sell for gold. I can't tell you how bored and frustrated i got battling in a team of maxed level wizards. All they do is critical, critical, critical and/or with a rediculously high fist damage rate everytime they hit leaving me without a single chance to gain enough pips to cast a good spell 8 out of 10 runs. . Kingsisle, Please fix Team-up kiosk. I rather wait a little longer for a team I want to have my fun.
When KI first introduced team up I am pretty sure we could click on the wizards in the team and see their full stats. It was removed because it sabotaged the purpose of the feature because people would still be picky about who they went in with.

I think it would be helpful to be able to see the wizard's level and if joining a team opens up a chat feature so the team can speak before porting in. Many wizards get upset because they're loading somewhere for the first time or have a slow connection which means their first opportunity to speak to their team is after the others are already in battle...or have left because they thought no-one was showing up!

It would give the opportunity to say things like:
'Please wait while I load'
'This is my quest'
'I'm farming'
'I'd like to listen to the story'
'Please can I solve the riddle'
'I don't mind how we do this, let's get 'em team!'

It would be good to add useful phrases to menu chat (if they don't exist already).

What do you all think? Would this be helpful?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Victoria FireHeart on Nov 4, 2018 wrote:
When KI first introduced team up I am pretty sure we could click on the wizards in the team and see their full stats. It was removed because it sabotaged the purpose of the feature because people would still be picky about who they went in with.

I think it would be helpful to be able to see the wizard's level and if joining a team opens up a chat feature so the team can speak before porting in. Many wizards get upset because they're loading somewhere for the first time or have a slow connection which means their first opportunity to speak to their team is after the others are already in battle...or have left because they thought no-one was showing up!

It would give the opportunity to say things like:
'Please wait while I load'
'This is my quest'
'I'm farming'
'I'd like to listen to the story'
'Please can I solve the riddle'
'I don't mind how we do this, let's get 'em team!'

It would be good to add useful phrases to menu chat (if they don't exist already).

What do you all think? Would this be helpful?
Yes, You're idea will also be very helpful and I can see your point why it's needed. I like it! (Tumbs up!).