Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre and pacing

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
so as we all know dragonspyre was the first "end game" world, thus its vary grindy and sluggish, however we now have many MANY worlds out now so i think its time to revise dragonspyre to be less "end world" like and more "challenging world" type as this is no longer the end game for wiz.

i have a few suggestion but most of them deal with the dungeons and gauntlets becoming extra challenges like the lore master, this would require new quests to be introduced in place of them except for the ones necessary like getting to malistaire's wife's ghost while all non key dungeons and gauntlets (key as in super important to the main story like her ghost or anything directly tied to malistaire himself, he would obviously hide those behind powerful beings

thats just my thoughts though, it might be that dragonspyre needs a revamp to make it more aprouchable and less "end game"ish

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
hatter999. on Oct 24, 2018 wrote:
so as we all know dragonspyre was the first "end game" world, thus its vary grindy and sluggish, however we now have many MANY worlds out now so i think its time to revise dragonspyre to be less "end world" like and more "challenging world" type as this is no longer the end game for wiz.

i have a few suggestion but most of them deal with the dungeons and gauntlets becoming extra challenges like the lore master, this would require new quests to be introduced in place of them except for the ones necessary like getting to malistaire's wife's ghost while all non key dungeons and gauntlets (key as in super important to the main story like her ghost or anything directly tied to malistaire himself, he would obviously hide those behind powerful beings

thats just my thoughts though, it might be that dragonspyre needs a revamp to make it more aprouchable and less "end game"ish
Greetings,

I agree with you that it might be a good idea to consider revamping Dragonspyre. I hear a lot of wizards saying that they are burned out in Dragonspyre or they get their wizards to there then they stop. I don't know if its possible to change so much but I like your idea a lot and I do think something like that would make it easier to keep first time wizards engaged and playing on through Dragonspyre and beyond.

Cheers,
Nathan

Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
Nathan Darkhorn on Oct 25, 2018 wrote:
Greetings,

I agree with you that it might be a good idea to consider revamping Dragonspyre. I hear a lot of wizards saying that they are burned out in Dragonspyre or they get their wizards to there then they stop. I don't know if its possible to change so much but I like your idea a lot and I do think something like that would make it easier to keep first time wizards engaged and playing on through Dragonspyre and beyond.

Cheers,
Nathan

i will have to say that i only recently got a character out of dragonspyre and boy it was a slog feast to get through, i had to force myself to push through and it felt that i was more encouraged to use crowns for minions then any other world or boss, it felt terrible

then again it was with my balance wiz so i don't know if that had anything to do with it, with balance spells not pack as much of a punch then most schools plus i can only play late at night so i can't really call for help from people ether