Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New type of Henchmen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2015
So as the high levels know when you reach Khrysalis and onward you tend to get allies and such that will follow you around and give you boosts. And so my idea was to be able to hire these henchmen for either an extreme amount of gold or crowns for maybe like and hour. I just thought that it would be nice to have an effect that helps you in every battle for an hour instead of spending crowns for one battle. I mean they did add a feature of it so why not allow us to use it more often?

Feel free to give me any constructive criticsm on this idea (Also I'd say there would be a 3 ally limit at once)

James Ravensword lvl 100

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I would LOVE this to be a new type of magic, called Summoning magic. So we would spend whatever the pip cost is, and be able to summon them during battle. You would need to go through quests to get each one, and then you would learn the spell that summons each assistant, one by one.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2015
dayerider on Oct 22, 2018 wrote:
I would LOVE this to be a new type of magic, called Summoning magic. So we would spend whatever the pip cost is, and be able to summon them during battle. You would need to go through quests to get each one, and then you would learn the spell that summons each assistant, one by one.
Yeah although Summoning magic is a cool concept I don't quite understand how it would work in the middle of combat seeing as how these assistants dissapear in combat, My idea was more based about how you can purchase / Hire them and then have their boosts when you go into battle. Instead of buying a henchman for one singular battle you can have someone follow you and give you boosts for an hour when you go into battle, Just like Dyvim Whitehart in Khrysalis. I'm thinking perhaps their could be a new NPC somewhere or maybe even just a new notice board in Wizard city (Or seperate boards in different worlds) Which when interacted with will give you a list of people to hire for Gold or perhaps they can be Crown Exclusive. I'm not sure about it entirely but I don't believe Summing them during battle would quite work. Though I am interested in any other ideas you might have!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
James Ravensword on Oct 26, 2018 wrote:
Yeah although Summoning magic is a cool concept I don't quite understand how it would work in the middle of combat seeing as how these assistants dissapear in combat, My idea was more based about how you can purchase / Hire them and then have their boosts when you go into battle. Instead of buying a henchman for one singular battle you can have someone follow you and give you boosts for an hour when you go into battle, Just like Dyvim Whitehart in Khrysalis. I'm thinking perhaps their could be a new NPC somewhere or maybe even just a new notice board in Wizard city (Or seperate boards in different worlds) Which when interacted with will give you a list of people to hire for Gold or perhaps they can be Crown Exclusive. I'm not sure about it entirely but I don't believe Summing them during battle would quite work. Though I am interested in any other ideas you might have!
They actually DONT disappear in combat. If you use the new mouseover function to show all of your buffs and debuffs, you will see these helpers listed there as giving you a boost. Ozzy and Istar in Mirage do the same thing as Dyvim in Khrysalis does. What I'm suggesting is for us to be able to summon these helpers while in combat, for that fight, to help us out. They should be invisible like they always are, rather than take up spots in the fight. However, there should be some kind of dialog on screen to show that you've summoned them. Perhaps a normal dialog window with an "ok" button so we can close it down.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2015
dayerider on Oct 26, 2018 wrote:
They actually DONT disappear in combat. If you use the new mouseover function to show all of your buffs and debuffs, you will see these helpers listed there as giving you a boost. Ozzy and Istar in Mirage do the same thing as Dyvim in Khrysalis does. What I'm suggesting is for us to be able to summon these helpers while in combat, for that fight, to help us out. They should be invisible like they always are, rather than take up spots in the fight. However, there should be some kind of dialog on screen to show that you've summoned them. Perhaps a normal dialog window with an "ok" button so we can close it down.
Ah right what I meant by Dissapear was they turn invisible sorry should've been more clear on that. The thing is with summoning them using a TC or Regular card is that we already have blades and traps and shadow transformations and other stuff, I don't see the point in spending even more pips in one battle for an effect that we can get for free in certain parts of the story. And seeing as some Assistants in the story such as Dyvim which gives +50% damage and +20% defense It would be a bit too op of a feature to simply recieve a spell to summon someone of that level to aid you with a free spell that you might only have to do a quest for or perhaps do something else. I think it would just be better to be able to hire someone and have them follow you around for an hour from the crownshop or just a regular shop in the Spiral instead of getting a boost that you simply just spend a few pips on (which we all know Pips are free no doubt) And with that I would also enforce the No Pvp rule with them just like certain Elixirs have.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
James Ravensword on Oct 29, 2018 wrote:
Ah right what I meant by Dissapear was they turn invisible sorry should've been more clear on that. The thing is with summoning them using a TC or Regular card is that we already have blades and traps and shadow transformations and other stuff, I don't see the point in spending even more pips in one battle for an effect that we can get for free in certain parts of the story. And seeing as some Assistants in the story such as Dyvim which gives +50% damage and +20% defense It would be a bit too op of a feature to simply recieve a spell to summon someone of that level to aid you with a free spell that you might only have to do a quest for or perhaps do something else. I think it would just be better to be able to hire someone and have them follow you around for an hour from the crownshop or just a regular shop in the Spiral instead of getting a boost that you simply just spend a few pips on (which we all know Pips are free no doubt) And with that I would also enforce the No Pvp rule with them just like certain Elixirs have.
an easy fix to them being OP is to change their numbers for when we summon them and problem solved. It would be neat if we could get them regardless of how, however, I would prefer to summon them. That's just my opinion. Either way, I support the idea.