Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scorching schimitars

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2015
Something that has been bothering me for a while, the fire/shadow spell Scorching Schimitars has a lady that dances with blades around her and she can divide damage depending on the targets right?
Well the part that bothers me is that if you pick one target you send four swords towards him and if you pick 2 targets you send 4 swords to each target why not just send 2 swords to 2 targets , if 3 targets each gets one sword and the leftover sword just passes horizontally through all three targets and if they are 4 each target gets a sword.

Makes sense to me.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2015
Syotebi on Oct 21, 2018 wrote:
Something that has been bothering me for a while, the fire/shadow spell Scorching Schimitars has a lady that dances with blades around her and she can divide damage depending on the targets right?
Well the part that bothers me is that if you pick one target you send four swords towards him and if you pick 2 targets you send 4 swords to each target why not just send 2 swords to 2 targets , if 3 targets each gets one sword and the leftover sword just passes horizontally through all three targets and if they are 4 each target gets a sword.

Makes sense to me.
The thing is is that it would take a lot of work and I mean A LOT of work to complete that. They would have to programme a lot of stuff for that just for one spell, It would be more efficient to put that work into new updates or different spells rather then one spell because of it's animations. If they were to go back on Scorching Scimitars just because of its animation then it would just be a waste of time quite honestly, They would have to programme each seperate sword instead of just being able to make one animation and recycle it. So all and all I think it would be a total waste of time for a minimal outcome.

James Ravensword lvl 100

Survivor
Jul 19, 2015
James Ravensword on Oct 22, 2018 wrote:
The thing is is that it would take a lot of work and I mean A LOT of work to complete that. They would have to programme a lot of stuff for that just for one spell, It would be more efficient to put that work into new updates or different spells rather then one spell because of it's animations. If they were to go back on Scorching Scimitars just because of its animation then it would just be a waste of time quite honestly, They would have to programme each seperate sword instead of just being able to make one animation and recycle it. So all and all I think it would be a total waste of time for a minimal outcome.

James Ravensword lvl 100
Perhaps, but its the small details that make the bigger picture look better

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think for VERY little actual change, it's not worth the time. I'd rather they spent time on bug fixes than topical changes like this.

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
Syotebi on Oct 22, 2018 wrote:
Perhaps, but its the small details that make the bigger picture look better
I suggest that you try to code something like this. agree with you wholeheartedly on this however I haven't complained because they code a spell then they have to alter a code a BUNCH, like a few months in my opinion for one spell, just be happy you have a belly dancer lady that throws swords, she has one of the coolest animations, don't get greedy lol