Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cursed Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Hello, I'd like to introduce an idea to you that I had; cursed spells.

Cursed spells would work just as enchants do. The curse enchant (we need a new name because curse is already a spell name...) would be added to a trained attack spell. But the curse wouldn't add damage, instead it would decrease one of your enemies stats.
For example, there could be a "Dull" curse card. You would add it to your attack, cast that attack, and once it hits the enemy deals 10% less damage for 2 rounds. (Subject to change)
Hopefully that's isn't too confusing. Here are some ideas for the cards.

Dull: *Enemy deals 10% less damage for 2 rounds*

Wither: *Enemy takes 10% more damage for 2 rounds*

Neutralize: *Enemy heals heals 30% less health for 2 rounds*

Lethargic: *Enemy's spells cost 1 extra pip for 1 turn* -Takes effect ONLY when the player chooses the increased pip spell and casts it. For example, in a pvp, the wizard with first turn casts a Lethargic cursed dark sprite. The second turn wizard had already chosen to cast a tower shield. This tower shield is casted and costs the normal amount of pips. However, when it comes time to choose spells again, the Lethargic curse is effective. NOTE: This might be a little op... but none of this actually has to be added so it's just an idea.

Now for the actual curse enchant itself. So say there are 4 different types of curse. These are 4 individual cards that would have to be trained and added to the deck separately. These cards could be called: Dull, Wither, Neutralize, and Lethargic. (Or something... I'm bad at names) These are all from the Sun school.

The curse could turn the effected card black and add a skull or something to the bottom.
I have no idea where the trainer would be or what it would be... maybe a secret one?

Anyways, that's about it. If you have any questions, suggestions, etc, you can ask me! Thank you for your time everyone, have a great day!

Jordan Starbreaker
Cori Dream

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
Gollume on Oct 13, 2018 wrote:

Cursed spells would work just as enchants do. The curse enchant (we need a new name because curse is already a spell name...) would be added to a trained attack spell. But the curse wouldn't add damage, instead it would decrease one of your enemies stats.
For example, there could be a "Dull" curse card. You would add it to your attack, cast that attack, and once it hits the enemy deals 10% less damage for 2 rounds. (Subject to change)

Lethargic: *Enemy's spells cost 1 extra pip for 1 turn* -Takes effect ONLY when the player chooses the increased pip spell and casts it. For example, in a pvp, the wizard with first turn casts a Lethargic cursed dark sprite. The second turn wizard had already chosen to cast a tower shield. This tower shield is casted and costs the normal amount of pips. However, when it comes time to choose spells again, the Lethargic curse is effective. NOTE: This might be a little op... but none of this actually has to be added so it's just an idea.

Now for the actual curse enchant itself. So say there are 4 different types of curse. These are 4 individual cards that would have to be trained and added to the deck separately. These cards could be called: Dull, Wither, Neutralize, and Lethargic. (Or something... I'm bad at names) These are all from the Sun school.

The curse could turn the effected card black and add a skull or something to the bottom.
I have no idea where the trainer would be or what it would be... maybe a secret one?

Anyways, that's about it. If you have any questions, suggestions, etc, you can ask me! Thank you for your time everyone, have a great day!

Jordan Starbreaker
Cori Dream
What a great idea! I really like it a lot. It seems like it would add an interesting new dynamic to gameplay. Very well thought out. Maybe KI will see this and make it happen, Good Luck!

Cheers,
Nathan

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Gollume on Oct 13, 2018 wrote:

Jordan Starbreaker
Cori Dream
These sound like really good ideas, I like it. We're basically enchanting spells to have a secondary effect that we can choose at the expense of extra damage...it gives variety and a simple, familiar way to add it. I think this could work very well

Survivor
Apr 26, 2015
I do like this idea a lot but why would we make it Sun exactly? I understand that Sun is all about enhancing your spells but I feel like Sun school shouldn't add a de buff to the opponent, I feel as though these could be some Shadow school spells or perhaps a new school entirely? (I highly doubt a new school) Though I do understand that sun school does seem to suit it but I think adding some more Shadow spells would be nice, And considering the fact you said that this idea could be a bit op yourself I feel like earning these spells later with Shadow spells would help make it a bit more 'Dull' instead of op.

If there were to be a new school I'd just flat out call it the Curse School. And perhaps we could also get a Bless school where when you use the spell you get some kind of positive bonus? Of course these wouldn't be massive boosts such as +50% damage but perhaps it could add flat out damage? Here I can add some ideas for the bless school just as you did with your (What I call) Curse Spells. (by the way I don't know about these spell names but you can feel free to take the spell ideas and change the names or judge the effects)

Accel:
Add +100 damage Charm to yourself.

Holy Wrath:
Adds +15% Wards to all enemies

Fierce:
Add +25% incoming damage aura on target

Ritual:
Add +25% tower shields to allies.

Anyways I like your idea and hope it's implemented.