Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-12-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Once again, the calendar shows me that it's Friday, and it's time for a new topic!

We've officially announced that Empyrea Part 2 is coming soon! We're really excited to share this story with you, and we think you'll enjoy it as much as we are right now. Today, let's speculate. What do you think is going to happen in Empyrea Part 2? Who will be your unlikely assistance toward a goal? Will a trusted friend become a foe, or an adversary become an ally? Most importantly - how is it all going to end?

Can't wait to hear your thoughts... Happy Friday, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Professor Falmea on Oct 12, 2018 wrote:
Once again, the calendar shows me that it's Friday, and it's time for a new topic!

We've officially announced that Empyrea Part 2 is coming soon! We're really excited to share this story with you, and we think you'll enjoy it as much as we are right now. Today, let's speculate. What do you think is going to happen in Empyrea Part 2? Who will be your unlikely assistance toward a goal? Will a trusted friend become a foe, or an adversary become an ally? Most importantly - how is it all going to end?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Ooo, here goes:

The press release statement last year for Empyrea Part 1 said that the world will have "an epic race between Grandfather Spider and Grandmother Raven as they speed towards the Chaos Heart at the very center of the Spiral," so I'm guessing that the Aethyr storms surrounding the world will weaken, allowing both Raven and Spider to finally enter the world. I think that they'll both be fighting each other (to maybe break both of the remaining Paradox Chains?) in order to claim the Chaos Heart first, so that either of them will have the power to destroy the other.

I also think that Mellori will have conflicted views as to her role in this, and she'll try to stick with Raven for a little while, but something will happen (maybe we'll fight her? :P) and she'll join our side. I'm also expecting Rat and Scorpion to make appearances in the story, as Spider said back in Polaris that they can turn the Rat's anger into "greater strength." The Zafaria cave paintings also said that the Scorpion is prophesied to steal the sun, so maybe that'll happen in Part 2?

As for the upcoming zones in the world, I'm pretty sure we'll be visiting the island that the Chaos Heart is located in -- can't wait to see that one. Also, I'm DYING to see how Neumia looks like, as the concept art for it in Ione's room looks really cool! And of course, I can't wait to see the Aeroplains and the other cities that you guys mentioned in your Part 3 anniversary video.

As for the ending, I'm predicting that both of the remaining Chains will break, but neither Spider or Raven will be able to claim the Heart. My guess is that both of them will be locked up (I have no idea how this will actually happen), and in the final scene of the world, we'll learn a little bit about what'll happen in the 4th arc. Maybe the Cabal will take over as the main antagonists?

Last thing (I'm running low on space), but I can't wait to see the new spells! I really hope it's new utility spells and not damage ones.....

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I hope some old companions from past worlds come back to help you! (Like Dyvim WhiteHart, or Ivan The Great from Polaris). If not that, I'd like to see Morganthe or another past villain become an ally.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I had a thought of the Star Trek references moving over to the Picard side, like with a robot who parodies Data. You could call him "Info".

Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
I think it'll end with both Grandfather Spider & Grandmother Raven getting sealed away so they can't interact with the rest of the spiral ever again. Since the spiral can't live without both of them living, the best way to restore Balance is by treating them both as threats and silencing both.

Grandmother Raven was sealed away too. Let's not forget that, her form was condensed & sealed just like Grandfather Spider was in Khrysalis. So I think it's only logical that we would use a modified version of those sealing spells to put them away. Almost like in a deep state of sleep like the Ice Titan in Grizzleheim.

So I think we might get help from the fates again and maybe someone from Khrysalis as well.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013

I think since I saw every spoiler I have a well thought out theory of what's going to happen. At the beginning I strongly think that Bartelby will show us something through the eye of history. It has been a while since we've talked to him and we've given him enough time to think about whatever it is. Maybe Bartelby will show us the 2 other Paradox Chains and how to get there because there might be an obstacle to difficult for the Wizard to handle. We are most likely not going to defend the 2 other Paradox Chains and Grandfather Spider will be at his full power hence setting the battle between Grandfather Spider and Grandmother Raven in action. I believe that Spider will take a different form when he obtains the Chaos Heart and will see a dramatic increase in his power. I think it'll take something very vital and essential to stop the battle between gods of the spiral. At the end I think since we can't kill spider we're going to end up weakening him and exhausting Spider until we can corner him into a spot where we can seal him up.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Dalia why dont you release more teasers.. right now you relaase just a few. Plus you guys do nothing to fix the brokenn pvp system :(

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
I honestly think that Merle Ambrose might be magically enchanted to fight us but we will see. Also I think that Grandmother Raven is getting to the point where she is mad at us and is disappointed that her spiral is becoming a place for evil, and that's why she wants to end everything. We might have way to much knowledge about the spiral, and that's why she may want to defeat us and grandfather spider might want to do the same. Who can we trust? we will find out all in due time

Daniel

Survivor
Dec 18, 2013
I've been wondering how can Kingsisle make it possible for Empyrea part 2 to be the finale of this Arc. From previous arcs in the game we've seen that once an arc is over the MAIN purpose of the characters implemented specificly in that arc is over (Malistaire's returning wasn't as influential as his arc until the end of Dragonspyre). So here's where I can't wrap my head around things. Kingsisle confirmed that in Empyrea part 2 we fight ONLY 1 out of Grandmother Raven, Old Cob, Merle Ambrose and again this is the END of the arc which means that everything within the arc should resolve and our wizard can move on. I don't see how if we only fight Raven or Spider that could resolve things because defeating either would bring the end of the spiral. They both need to be restricted from bringing havoc uppon the world. Kingsisle has confirmed that there WILL be a 4th arc so I'm almost 100% sure we'll be fighting Merle Ambrose. Here's where everything gets confusing... How is us fighting Ambrose going to resolve things and bring peace to the spiral? As of the end of Empyrea part 1 I don't trust anyone. All I know so far is that Kingsisle are trying to keep our attention on Old Cob as the evil guy (oh look at him he is a spider, a shadowy figure, embodiment of chaos), but he's also the HEART of the spiral and unless his hatred towards Raven is to a self destructive level he shouldn't be the main threat. The end of Empyrea part 1 shows that Raven wouldn't hesitate to destroy the spiral but we don't know if Spider's willing to die (destroy the spiral) to kill Raven. Sadly Bartleby's eyes are a gift from Raven which means she could manipulate them thus making him another threat. I believe the only way Empyrea part 2 could be the end of the arc is if Bartleby possesses some some sort of energy that can restrain both Raven and Spider. Sadly using this energy would mean Bartleby's death and Ambrose would be the last one to let that happen thus making us fight him.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2012
Well I don't have a proper theory but I'll bullet ideas

- Possibly fight ''twisted/mind-controlled'' versions of Ravenwood teachers/recognizable characters? Controlled by raven or spider likely- You guys know at king isle know we've been wanting to fight Merle Ambrose since the start.

- If there's a random part 3 to empyrea, or even not- we need to face Morganthe again in some manner and get some closure on her. Since she's proven to be more powerful than Malistare there's no way she's dead with the cliche ending she got.

- Possible belloq appearance?

- Set up for Arc 4 if this is the end of Arc 3!

Champion
Feb 06, 2010

I really hope I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure we are going to duel our beloved Headmaster Ambrose. If we do, I hope it is for good reason

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
I think we'll team up with Old Cob against Grandmother Raven and Ambrose.

Of course I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2011
I think that there will be significantly less time actually spent in empyrea, and more of a focus on planar travel and lore behind the spiral

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Having yet to finish Mirage, I can honestly say I have no idea what is happening in Empyrea Pt1

So Pt2 is a complete mystery.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
Oh, Empyrea Part 2 is gonna be an interesting one alright. We are simultaneously a child of light and shadow, so who we will side with, or who will ally with us is most certainly a mystery. It was once mentioned that a shadow cannot escape the darkness which had birthed it, but perhaps, the true source of darkness is that which lies within our own hearts.

I doubt things would have got this extensive, but a split path would definitely be an interesting outcome. To choose who we side with, to do what we believe to be the right thing to do.

We never really found out if it was a ruse or not, but The Bat is definitely one of the more interesting characters to me. Were his intentions of assisting us pure or not? Did he betray us simply because he 'had' to? He seems to be one of those characters who are debating over their true purpose in the spiral.

Only time will tell i suppose..

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I cannot say for sure, but I think it's safe to say Grandmother Raven will play a major role.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
RainSiren on Oct 12, 2018 wrote:
I think it'll end with both Grandfather Spider & Grandmother Raven getting sealed away so they can't interact with the rest of the spiral ever again. Since the spiral can't live without both of them living, the best way to restore Balance is by treating them both as threats and silencing both.

Grandmother Raven was sealed away too. Let's not forget that, her form was condensed & sealed just like Grandfather Spider was in Khrysalis. So I think it's only logical that we would use a modified version of those sealing spells to put them away. Almost like in a deep state of sleep like the Ice Titan in Grizzleheim.

So I think we might get help from the fates again and maybe someone from Khrysalis as well.
You got a good one there!

It would make sense to meet with the fates again. I almost think Kingsisle either forgot about them, or don't want to bring a side world into this. It should be a requirement to have Wintertusk completed before you continue with Empyrea!

Survivor
Jan 20, 2011