Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Born with Magic?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
I hope this is the right place to put this. I'm currently brainstorming ideas for a story surrounding my main character, but I came across a question I can't seem to find an answer to.
I know that wizards learn and study magic, but is it possible to be born with magical power or can wizards only learn it? Do they choose their school or, again, can they be born with the power and not get to choose?
For example, my main was born with the power of ice magic, but naturally she has no control over it until she begins attending Ravenwood.

Administrator
Autumn Iceshield on Oct 1, 2018 wrote:
I hope this is the right place to put this. I'm currently brainstorming ideas for a story surrounding my main character, but I came across a question I can't seem to find an answer to.
I know that wizards learn and study magic, but is it possible to be born with magical power or can wizards only learn it? Do they choose their school or, again, can they be born with the power and not get to choose?
For example, my main was born with the power of ice magic, but naturally she has no control over it until she begins attending Ravenwood.
This is the right place! You can be born with it, but learning it is critical for a successful casting. Usually a wizard gets to choose their school, but every so often there's a special wizard out there that's destined for a certain type of casting.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
Sparck on Oct 1, 2018 wrote:
This is the right place! You can be born with it, but learning it is critical for a successful casting. Usually a wizard gets to choose their school, but every so often there's a special wizard out there that's destined for a certain type of casting.
That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thank you so much!

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
I think if you're born with magic, then you should have some use of it naturally. I think wizards should all have a basic set of stats that grow as you learn. For example, a fire wizard may start out with 1% damage, 1% fire resist, and 1% accuracy, and for every ten training points earned from the start, these stats increase by 1%. As it stands now, with a max level (125) fire wizard, if I take my gear off completely, it's as though I've learned nothing except my spells. I think that's wrong.