Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
Does anyone have any ideas about what KI should be doing with gardening?? Many people that I talk to on a regular basis are ready for more. This includes new spells and new plants. Does anyone want to comment on this??

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
rockjk on Sep 30, 2018 wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas about what KI should be doing with gardening?? Many people that I talk to on a regular basis are ready for more. This includes new spells and new plants. Does anyone want to comment on this??
I really enjoy gardening and think KI has done really well with it. There are so many useful plants as well as so many that have such beautiful designs. I really enjoy the animations, funny little noises they make and the appearance of the plants in W101

It would always be welcomed to have new plants! I barely use the higher ranked gardening spells because there are so few plants requiring them...and the ones that do need them are not very useful to our wizards. I'd love to see an influx of new plants that are a bit more challenging and have new drops that our wizards can use in their adventures saving the Spiral. Perhaps new reagents and tc could drop...and some special housing items would be cool too! I'd enjoy that a lot

It would also be cool to have some new levels added. I miss that feeling of levelling up when I'm gardening...there was a surge of satisfaction when a wizard would harvest a plant and whoosh into the next gardening level

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
I would love higher levels. I would also like to see plants that move around and dance but i am only wishing here :) I have seen star wars fish, why not star wars plants or other various seeds that are rare to find. New reagents would be a great idea too. Plus using them to craft something for the plants to use too.

Most of my wizards are level 20 gardener and would love to see something new.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I would like to see more levels, but for good rewards. Let us learn the "tend all indoor/outdoor" spells , up the housing space by another 100 WITHOUT the need of a potion (though keep the option for potion expansion as it's a good idea), large area plant all spells, large area harvest all, etc. These could all make gardening better. I can imagine the issue is that with any expansion of housing limit, the gardens would become a serious resource hog with all of their animations.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Hmmm

Maybe a pant that gave Arena Participation Trophies?

Dueling Sword Ferns?

Steven 125
Christopher 11
The Ghoststalker Bros.

Survivor
May 30, 2014
I do a lot of gardening both for pet snacks and for landscaping using Second Spring. I have so many seeds spread across my six wizards that it's very difficult to know exactly what I do have. I would like to be able to put all of my seeds in one place. Therefore I propose the creation of expanded capacity seed vaults. The Super Seed Vault would hold 500 seeds. The Mega Seed Vault would hold 1000 seeds. The Ultra Vault would hold 2000 seeds. If these were made available in the crown shop I would immediately purchase the largest available. The convenience of being able to find all of my seeds sorted in one location would be such a tremendous help!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Except for gardening pixies or pests, my garden is severely lacking in bug-life!

I'd like to collect caterpillars, butterflies, beetles etc from my garden. I could use them to feed the birds...and collect the birds I have seen in a tome.

These could be reagents of some kind or reap a reward of their own perhaps...attract and see 100 chaffinches in your garden to create an egg for your bird sanctuary!

Where is my bee hive to collect honey from? Why don't foxes and hedgehogs prowl my garden looking for food and enjoying my pretty flowers? Attract and see 100 foxes to gain their trust and tame one!

How much would I like to go into my garden only to find a Trash Panda up to mischief? We don't have raccoons here in the UK...and I adore them! My wizard would love to find a naughty raccoon hiding in the garden!

Sooooo many possibilities!

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
I suggested in another post that they have a gardener for hire in the crowns menu. If I have a lot of houses, with plants, I could spend the majority of my day running from house to house tending to crops. If I could hire a gardener, he/she could tend to my crops, and plow them and add any cards or items to my backpack automatically. I also think they should treat tc's like reagents and pet snacks and allow you to hold up to 999 of each tc.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Victoria FireHeart on Oct 5, 2018 wrote:
Except for gardening pixies or pests, my garden is severely lacking in bug-life!

I'd like to collect caterpillars, butterflies, beetles etc from my garden. I could use them to feed the birds...and collect the birds I have seen in a tome.

These could be reagents of some kind or reap a reward of their own perhaps...attract and see 100 chaffinches in your garden to create an egg for your bird sanctuary!

Where is my bee hive to collect honey from? Why don't foxes and hedgehogs prowl my garden looking for food and enjoying my pretty flowers? Attract and see 100 foxes to gain their trust and tame one!

How much would I like to go into my garden only to find a Trash Panda up to mischief? We don't have raccoons here in the UK...and I adore them! My wizard would love to find a naughty raccoon hiding in the garden!

Sooooo many possibilities!
PS. This could be used as an extension of Photomancy too...capturing them on camera to add them into your tome, unlocking ways to tame them

Sorry, I wrote the original post in a bit of a hurry and forgot to add using photomancy with it

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
I would suggest PLANT POLLINATION. Like pollinate an Evil magna pea with a Frozen pea pollination dust and get an Evil frozen pea seed at harvest, that gives higher level mega snacks or pollination dust to pollinate other plants and come up with a different plant. The origin of Pollen dust can be sold in packs, for the higher level pollen to produce unique plants. Some lower level pollen can be sold by the Moles. Similar to the game Plant Tycoon. This could have unlimited way of producing unique plants and drops. I am sure this is something that would need a lot of time to design. But would be something nice to come out in the spring.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
one of the things I'e suggested in the past was something like compost. Everybody knows what compost is (ok, so most people do). How would we do this in wizard101? Simple, by using pet snacks. How many less than mega snacks do you have lying around banks and in backpacks? TONS I'll bet. If we were to use these for compost (fish from the fishing option as well), perhaps it would be another like or something to all plants. Something, ANYTHING, to get rid of all of these "worthless" pet snacks and fish taking up space.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
dayerider on Oct 8, 2018 wrote:
one of the things I'e suggested in the past was something like compost. Everybody knows what compost is (ok, so most people do). How would we do this in wizard101? Simple, by using pet snacks. How many less than mega snacks do you have lying around banks and in backpacks? TONS I'll bet. If we were to use these for compost (fish from the fishing option as well), perhaps it would be another like or something to all plants. Something, ANYTHING, to get rid of all of these "worthless" pet snacks and fish taking up space.
Compost is a totally GARBAGE* idea!

I can see the little row of cute compost bins, all different colours so we can identify which is which. Purple for storm fish and snacks; red for fire... Plants enjoying the benefit of an extra like from the compost that compliments the seed's school etc. It's a really nice idea

I can imagine the little info thing when we click them - how full it is and how long until it is good to be used. It would be especially useful for plants that take a long time to reach elder or when we're using plants for decoration and want to second spring them asap

*Just in case anyone didn't get it: PUN PUN PUN! It's just a joke...because compost is literally made from garbage!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Oct 9, 2018 wrote:
Compost is a totally GARBAGE* idea!

I can see the little row of cute compost bins, all different colours so we can identify which is which. Purple for storm fish and snacks; red for fire... Plants enjoying the benefit of an extra like from the compost that compliments the seed's school etc. It's a really nice idea

I can imagine the little info thing when we click them - how full it is and how long until it is good to be used. It would be especially useful for plants that take a long time to reach elder or when we're using plants for decoration and want to second spring them asap

*Just in case anyone didn't get it: PUN PUN PUN! It's just a joke...because compost is literally made from garbage!
lol I got it immediately! That was FUNNY!

Actually, I envision it like this:

You put ANY snack/fish/seeds in the bin, up to 100. Over time, they get used up and you need to refill it. ONE compost bin would effect EVERY seed indoors or outdoors. It would be an automatic like for all seeds. You can always add more snacks/seeds/fish in once there is room. Imagine how many rank 7 and lower snacks you could finally get rid of, and EASILY too!

After all, why not use up those "useless" seeds too? By useless, I mean ones you dont want, not that they're bad.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
You guys are funny. Guess these ideas are for the dumps? I mean the leftovers go there don't they.

I would love to see a spell for all indoor or outdoor pest spell from level one to level 7 bugs. I would also to see new bugs. Maybe some bugs that actually eat your plants. KI should add animation to the new type of bugs. I would really love to see them.

Ayone else want to come uo with cool new spells or bugs for our plants? These would be soooo cool.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
I wish there were spells for all indoor and outdoor spells, not just one or the other. I was also thinking of plants that act like other plants, bugs and other things. That would be cool for new plants to implement this.