Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game feels awfully fast on a new wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2014
So right now I already have a max, and I started a new storm wiz. In 3 days, I've gotten to Dragonspyre playing only 4-5 hours a day. On my max, I remember it taking almost a year to make it to Dragonspyre. Anyone else have thoughts on this? Also, just to note, I have not done ANY side quests, and Dragonsypre still isn't all that difficult as a level 39.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I bet that's the reason it feels so fast;

You've avoided the sides (usually adds much more time to a period spent within a world)
You're experienced - You know what to do.
Worlds are much easier - The earlier worlds are not as taxing as they used to be.
More gear availability - Gear for lower wizards are numerous and easy to come by.
Pet - I'm sure you've a decent pet aiding your hits.

And to wrap up, life's easier with an experienced

Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
Maybe it's because the later worlds have more quests than the first arc. I also felt that the first arc on my second character felt faster than on my first character.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
In addition to Star Edward's comments which all are valid and part of the reason, there is a scientific term for this.

It is called the "round-trip effect" Where-in going home from somewhere you've never been before, the trip back seems faster than trip going.

It's also why movies seem to finish quicker on subsequent viewings.

It all boils down to familiarity. The first time you do something, go somewhere, or see something, you have no idea what's coming next. Is there one more quest? Are we there yet? Is there one more scene?

Once you have experienced something, your brain recognizes the pattern and begins to anticipate the end.

So in addition to S.E. notes, you have science on your side as well

Steven Ghoststalker

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
It's different for everyone, but overall the content is a little easier than it used to be, our gear and pets are better, and if it's not your first time though, you know what you are doing and where you are going, which helps a lot.