Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name changes to enemies in the Dark cave

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2018
Hello everyone!

Ok, real quick, you know how pretty much every ghoul-like enemy with the exception of bosses in lower level Wizard city are called Rotted Fodder? (Fodder, as in cannon fodder lol)
Or the Haunted Minions? Skeleton Warriors?

I think changing some names would inject a little more magic into the lower levels (the mind is a funny thing, a name change...even if its the same enemy will change how we treat the battle, at least subtly)

Even a simple name change could break up the monotony (make the change specific to the Dark Cave, using the normal name on Triton would allow a refresher from seeing the same names in 2 places)

Ideas:

Rotted Fodder > Withered Fiend/ Shambling Ghoul

Haunted Minion > Cursed Doll/Possessed Marionette

Skeleton Warrior > Frosted Knight/Icy Squire

These names are 100% thought up, if enemies from later levels exist with those names of course don't use em, what does everyone think? (yes I know low level areas are the least of everyone's worries, but new people would appreciate it at least)

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
I really like these! i never noticed how "old" sounding the current names are. i feel like renaming some enemies would go well with the recent graphics update. this all might help to revitalize the game, and bring in new players. great ideas!

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I think if they have the same name and are the same level, they also have the same deck of cards and draw from the same set of spells. If they have the same name, but are a different level and draw from a different set of spells, that might be when a name change would work well. It would probably complicate things for monstrology descriptions that don't work for a new name, especially with some of the jokes in those.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
While we're at it,

How about we also update their looks?

Many of the "Rotting Fodder" Undead enemies look a like.

Let's try updating this, could be simple as removing the hat the ones in possible Mooshu wear & the ones in Dragonspyre could have maybe a pitchfork instead of the shovel.

The little things count sometimes..

Same with all the "Scarecrow" looking undead.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2018
Easy enough to make another horrible pun for new named monsters, and maybe adding another page to the monstrology book would be the problem that would make changing them infeasible...but one can hope and hopefully laugh one day when/if the changes ever happen

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I never really thought anything along the lines of "Hmm there are too many Rotting Fodder," at least for Wizard City. Changing some of the Rotting Fodder and Haunted Minions might be a nice touch, but I also like how they aren't limited to only one zone. It makes them feel a bit more special and important in a way.