Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prediction of Name Change Feature?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
For many years wizards have been asking for a way to change their wizard names but so far no feature has been added...but is it being worked on? Have KI hinted that they have secret plans and clever tricks to bring this feature to the game in future?

Nostradonimus says, "I can see the future. I've even seen the end of the Spiral"

When we speak to him on the quest 'Nostradonimus' he also (accidentally on purpose?) is unsure what we want and says, "...you want to change your name, don't you? Wait. No? Really?" then, "Oh yes. You want to free the prisoners. Of course. I knew that. I was just testing you to make sure. Freeing the prisoners. Yes. Hm."

Could it be he will be someone we can go to for a name change at some point? Was it an easter egg hinting at name changing becoming possible? Was it just the ramblings of a crazy old penguin?

Any thoughts?

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I hope this is a feature that can come to fruition in the future. I am baffled by the inability to have a name change. All the argumentative reasons for not having this feature can easily be disputed with sub-par knowledge, and I really hope to see this come into the game in the very near future.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
sommonar on Nov 28, 2018 wrote:
I hope this is a feature that can come to fruition in the future. I am baffled by the inability to have a name change. All the argumentative reasons for not having this feature can easily be disputed with sub-par knowledge, and I really hope to see this come into the game in the very near future.
I don't know of any reason it can't be done

Simple feature - one time only per wiz and cost of 995c. For one month after the name is a different colour in our friend list and hovering over it shows the previous name or even don't bother with that and we have to ask them...

KI do way more complex stuff every day, I know their magic can extend to a name change!