Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Keep of Ganelon glitch?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
So I seem to have encountered a bug that no one seems to have encountered before (to my knowledge). I'm currently doing the main quest in the Keep of Ganelon (solo, balance, longtime player returning to the game after a couple of years), and all goes well up until I get to the Pendragon. In the duel, I can't click on him at all. I can't cast a trap on him or attack him with any single target spell. The game acts like he's not even there. I fled, came back, tried again, and got the same result. After a few more attempts, I logged out, restarted the dungeon completely...and still nothing.

Some observations:
  1. Getting rid of the Entangled he casts made no difference.
  2. Same goes for using Triage to remove the DoT.
  3. Out of desperation, I cast Ra to see what would happen, and that worked just fine. Still couldn't target him afterward, though.
  4. This doesn't happen anywhere else.
  5. Probably not related, but his second chance chest seems to randomly appear in the corner before I've defeated him, and I've ended up with multiple copies of the Sword of Kings. Oops?

No idea what's going on. I just want to finish Avalon, haha.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I'm not sure why you're having trouble in that particular battle, but I've noticed that sometimes the 'click box' for targeting enemies is kind of missing. At times, the only way to select them is to click on their name or stat box, rather than the monster itself.

If nothing else works, you can still get through the battle by just spamming AoE spells like Ra and Sandstorm, with plenty of blades stacked on yourself (since you can't select the Pendragon).

As for the multiple Sword of Kings drops, that's a guaranteed equipment drop, similar to the Sky Iron Hasta from Mt. Olympus. You will get one every single time you go through that instance.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Freshta on Sep 16, 2018 wrote:
I'm not sure why you're having trouble in that particular battle, but I've noticed that sometimes the 'click box' for targeting enemies is kind of missing. At times, the only way to select them is to click on their name or stat box, rather than the monster itself.

If nothing else works, you can still get through the battle by just spamming AoE spells like Ra and Sandstorm, with plenty of blades stacked on yourself (since you can't select the Pendragon).

As for the multiple Sword of Kings drops, that's a guaranteed equipment drop, similar to the Sky Iron Hasta from Mt. Olympus. You will get one every single time you go through that instance.

Alia Misthaven
Yep, his "click box" was missing, it seems, and clicking on the stat box did the trick. I feel a bit silly now, haha, but anyway, thank you so much for your help!