Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatchmaking Kiosk Issue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2018
I’ve used the Hatchmaking Kiosk at least forty times and have never once gotten a pet besides the one I put in. I never got the pet I was breeding with. Shouldn’t I have gotten one by now?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Sincere apologies for your experience so far.

Usually, you should've possibly bee successful by now, but you may want to bear in mind:

Hatching with Crowns Only Pet will give you a higher chance of receiving the pet you originally used as a part of the hatch.

Hatching with any other pet does not guarantee that you will obtain said pet; it's all by chance or luck if you will.

So, while you may feel that you've wasted a great deal of gold (be glad it's not crowns), you'll just have to keep trying, or do what I do, pick another pet to hatch with.

Good Luck.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The way that hatching chances work seem to depend on how "rare" a pet is. The more rare it is, the smaller the chance that you'll get that one back from a hatch. Sometimes, this can work out in our favor. For example, hatching a "rare" Sea Dragon pet gets you a very high chance to get back the other pet, whatever it is.

So, my advice is a bit ironic. You might need to start hatching with a different pet than the one that you're using right now. That's ironic because you're having trouble getting a different pet. I know. It also might stink if you've got a talented, well trained pet that you wanted to transfer into a different body type.

Try to use any crowns pet you might have, or one that drops from a daily assignment, dungeon or boss fight. These pets tend to be more "rare" and therefore you have better odds on getting back the other pet type that you're hoping for. Train that pet only to adult and try hatching with it to see if your luck changes.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Aug 14, 2018
Freshta on Sep 15, 2018 wrote:
The way that hatching chances work seem to depend on how "rare" a pet is. The more rare it is, the smaller the chance that you'll get that one back from a hatch. Sometimes, this can work out in our favor. For example, hatching a "rare" Sea Dragon pet gets you a very high chance to get back the other pet, whatever it is.

So, my advice is a bit ironic. You might need to start hatching with a different pet than the one that you're using right now. That's ironic because you're having trouble getting a different pet. I know. It also might stink if you've got a talented, well trained pet that you wanted to transfer into a different body type.

Try to use any crowns pet you might have, or one that drops from a daily assignment, dungeon or boss fight. These pets tend to be more "rare" and therefore you have better odds on getting back the other pet type that you're hoping for. Train that pet only to adult and try hatching with it to see if your luck changes.

Alia Misthaven
I hate the fact I used to have an Iathene Specter but didn’t know it was rare so I sold it.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ChampionMasquerade on Sep 21, 2018 wrote:
I hate the fact I used to have an Iathene Specter but didn’t know it was rare so I sold it.
I've got one you can hatch with

It has max stats (255 250 260 260 250).

I can only remember 9 of the 10 talents in pool:
pain-bringer; pain-giver; spell-proof; ???; spell-defying; fairy friend; death boon; death dealer; death giver; unicorn.

It's manifested talents are:
Pain-Giver
Spell-Proof
Spell-Defying
Death-Dealer
Death-Giver

If you'd like to hatch just let me know your wizard's name and your availability for the next week (remember to include time zone so I can convert it to my time!). I'll let you know a bunch of times I'll be on when you are too and where I'll be etc so we can catch each other in game

I'm happy to hatch as many times as it takes for you to get it, let me know

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
There seems to be conflicting advice here:
To get the shape of the kiosk pet in a hatch, one person says to avoid using your crowns only pets because they give you themselves more often in a hatch. Another person says DO use the crowns only pets, because they are rare and rare pets are less likely to hatch themselves. Did I read this wrong? Care to elaborate?

So far, in my own very limited kiosk hatches, pets that are the kind from fight drops gave me the other pet from the kiosk. One was a fire snake, which can be placed in the kiosk, too. From that, I got the burning dryad, but another time, using a fire snake with a coldfire drake, I got the snake again. Another success was with a life minotaur that was a grandchild of a boss dropped life minotaur, and got the chieftain's owl. An enchanted armorment was able to hatch a beastmaster's eagle. It seems there might be something to using rare pets to get the other shape. I did try some crowns pets that don't go in the kiosk, and got the originals back in the hatches.