Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To:Area51Alien and Victoria FireHeart (Life Class)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Victoria FireHeart and Area51Alien, if you're reading this I'd like to know more about the school of Life because I got ever single reagent to craft the Goat Monk spell, but I think Goat Monk would be kind of useless on my main Storm Wizard, so I was going to start a new Life wizard soon. I was hoping you two, or anyone who reads this, can tell me more about the Life class and the perks of it. I realize Life is a support class and meant to heal the team, but I was wondering if it can heal the team and attack at the same time? Currently, my level 93 Storm who is still in Azteca, (I know I'm over-leveled for Azteca, I'm doing all the Azteca side quests to maximize XP gain before Khrysalis) does a good job of hitting hard and using Pigsie to heal the team as needed. I plan to train Pigsie on my new Life wizard eventually. I've been using it on my Storm with a Life mastery and it has saved my life more times than I can count! As for gear for my new life wizard, I have a Death Mastery for him since Life wizards can't use Life mastery amulets. Looking forward to what anyone says about the perks of Life class and its strengths and weaknesses. And as stated before, the instant I hit Zafaria and earn Legendary Artisan, I'll have Goat Monk trained in my spellbook, as I have managed to collect all the reagents to craft it from my level 93 Storm. As for what kind of pet I think I like, I was thinking a pet with quint (times 5) life damage for the extra damage boost cause Life doesn't hit as hard as Storm.

Thanks for all the assistance everyone! Looking forward to the school of Life perks.

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 93 Diviner, Lore Spell and Promethean Pet Enthusiast)

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Hi Crimson,

What I can tell you is that is good for Hitting OR Healing when questing with a group. I have gear and a deck set for either. You will also want a pet that maximizes your healing out put when healing an one the maximizes your attacks when hitting.

On your own, aside from the Jade Oni in Mooshu and Mallistaire you should be able to solo your way to Celestia. You'll need teammates or henchmen for the bosses in Celestia and beyond.

The one downside to being a Life wizard is that when soloing it takes longer because you have to heal and hit. You don't have the health stay in the fight only hitting. Also your damage is low enough that you will not be able to kill quickly. Any gear that increases your damage output is good.

Hope this helps

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
crimsonreaper5 on Sep 12, 2018 wrote:
Victoria FireHeart and Area51Alien, if you're reading this I'd like to know more about the school of Life because I got ever single reagent to craft the Goat Monk spell, but I think Goat Monk would be kind of useless on my main Storm Wizard, so I was going to start a new Life wizard soon. I was hoping you two, or anyone who reads this, can tell me more about the Life class and the perks of it. I realize Life is a support class and meant to heal the team, but I was wondering if it can heal the team and attack at the same time? Currently, my level 93 Storm who is still in Azteca, (I know I'm over-leveled for Azteca, I'm doing all the Azteca side quests to maximize XP gain before Khrysalis) does a good job of hitting hard and using Pigsie to heal the team as needed. I plan to train Pigsie on my new Life wizard eventually. I've been using it on my Storm with a Life mastery and it has saved my life more times than I can count! As for gear for my new life wizard, I have a Death Mastery for him since Life wizards can't use Life mastery amulets. Looking forward to what anyone says about the perks of Life class and its strengths and weaknesses. And as stated before, the instant I hit Zafaria and earn Legendary Artisan, I'll have Goat Monk trained in my spellbook, as I have managed to collect all the reagents to craft it from my level 93 Storm. As for what kind of pet I think I like, I was thinking a pet with quint (times 5) life damage for the extra damage boost cause Life doesn't hit as hard as Storm.

Thanks for all the assistance everyone! Looking forward to the school of Life perks.

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 93 Diviner, Lore Spell and Promethean Pet Enthusiast)
Woohoo! A new life wizard in the making!

My first wizzy was life and I now have a baby life wizard too Life's definitely a fun school and very diverse. We can be tank, healer, support, hitter or any combo of them!

I've made multiple gear sets to suit different situations. I have a damage set even though I rarely use it because sometimes I am solo or helping lower level wizards and I need to have the ability to clear the enemies. My favourite role as life is tank/healer/support. Taunting enemies by going in a round before everyone else or throwing out a heal early on is fun. Keeping my team mates alive makes me feel powerful and useful. Throwing on feints without worrying about the back of it boosting their next attack on me too much is great!

I think the main weakness life wizards make is trying to be damage, healer and support, instead of choosing a more defined role for the battle/dungeon etc. We can pack a punch, we can tank and we can heal...but I've never seen anyone pull off doing all of them at once with great effect. Having a few gear sets, decks and pets lets us choose our role and not get stuck in anything more than we want to.

My pets make a big difference to my sets. I have various combos: quint life damage, trip-double, damages with heal and/proof etc. Then pets with heal boosts and a few different combos of resist pets with pools of proof, defy, 7 wards plus either enfeeble, fortify or fairy friend. I make way more types of pets than necessary because I enjoy making and sharing pets...you're welcome to any hatches to help you along the way

To start off with I'd recommend a kookaburra because it gives a blade and also the 4 pip attack all Leafstorm...I haven't finished making an OP one yet but I can prioritise it if you would like to make a copy of it for your baby life wizard

I am glad you're making a life wiz, goat monk will fit much better on a life than a storm

If I've missed anything just say, I'm happy to help any way I can!

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Area51Alien on Sep 12, 2018 wrote:
Hi Crimson,

What I can tell you is that is good for Hitting OR Healing when questing with a group. I have gear and a deck set for either. You will also want a pet that maximizes your healing out put when healing an one the maximizes your attacks when hitting.

On your own, aside from the Jade Oni in Mooshu and Mallistaire you should be able to solo your way to Celestia. You'll need teammates or henchmen for the bosses in Celestia and beyond.

The one downside to being a Life wizard is that when soloing it takes longer because you have to heal and hit. You don't have the health stay in the fight only hitting. Also your damage is low enough that you will not be able to kill quickly. Any gear that increases your damage output is good.

Hope this helps

Steven Ghoststalker
If you hatch a pet with heal- may cast talents, that goes a long way to letting you save up pips for hits. With death mastery, that should let you get some good hits in and let you hit and drain when you need to. I've seen some good assault life wizards, and when you get a pet with Forest Lord spell, or get the spell itself, that helps.