Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training Points

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't members supposed to get one free training points buy back? I've just made my account less than a month ago and I'm a level 65 death. I used most of my training points on fire spells because I thought a secondary school was necessary. Do I get a free buy back or am I just dumb?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
nvcos on Sep 11, 2018 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't members supposed to get one free training points buy back? I've just made my account less than a month ago and I'm a level 65 death. I used most of my training points on fire spells because I thought a secondary school was necessary. Do I get a free buy back or am I just dumb?
Hi and welcome!

Free training point buy-back comes up as a promotion now and again, it's not a permanent member benefit. You can do it as many times as you want when the benefit is active, it's not a one-time thing!

The current member benefit is zero energy fishing, this is running for a few days, but through birthday month (September) KI have said they will be rotating ALL of the member benefits! The training point buy-back is still due to come up very soon, so hold tight and keep your eyes open for it showing up on the latest news on the launcher

This link might be useful too, it has record of previous benefits and when they happened. I'm not sure if there is one available for 2018 but this goes to 2017 and can help us attempt to estimate when things might be due!

All the best and happy wizarding!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Can someone confirm that the training point buy-back only affects the spells that you received from using your training points and does not affect spells you've received from drops, card packets or clothes? I have a wizard in need of restructuring her deck but I don't want to lose any of those I received from packs or drops.

Thanks

Moira Stormweaver
Level 90

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Moira SW on Sep 26, 2018 wrote:
Can someone confirm that the training point buy-back only affects the spells that you received from using your training points and does not affect spells you've received from drops, card packets or clothes? I have a wizard in need of restructuring her deck but I don't want to lose any of those I received from packs or drops.

Thanks

Moira Stormweaver
Level 90
It just affects the spells you used training points to buy...your dropped spells, school spells etc are all safe! Buy back your points with confidence, your special spells are safe and any trained spells you still want can just be bought with the training points you get given back

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Moira SW on Sep 26, 2018 wrote:

Thanks

Moira Stormweaver
Level 90
Hello Moira StormWeaver! I recently did a training point buy back on my Storm wizard because I wanted to resurrect my deck and eliminate some spells that I no longer need, like Vengeance. Vengeance was good when I was level 55 and just starting Celestia, but now I'm level 102 and I have 70% critical chance, so there's no need for Vengeance anymore. Anyways, I have 15 lore spells trained, including my Storm skeleton key spell, Catch of the Day. I already did my Training Point buyback and I am happy to report I did NOT lose a single lore spell. Training Point buyback only eliminates every spell that you bought with Training Points. If you received a spell from a Pack, Loremaster, or Skeleton Key, or did not use training points for the spell, then you won't lose the spell when you reset your points. Free training point buyback member benefit is ongoing now, so this is your chance to reset! You get infinite resets so long as the member benefit is active, so it's not one reset a day or anything like that. All your wizards get infinity resets. My best friend, who I have known for a long time in real life, also tested the training point reset. He also did not lose his lore spells and still had Catalan, Catch of the Day, and Queen Calypso trained after he reset his points, so that's further proof if you needed it. I hope we were of some help to you testing the training point reset benefit. I wish you good luck in your questing, farming, and future endeavors. May you get your desired drops and I wish you a Happy Decaversary, my friend. Here's to another amazing 10 years of Wizard101 down the road and I, and all of the Wizard101 players, personally thank the Kingsisle team for doing an outstanding job with this game for the past 10 years.

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 102 Diviner, Lore Spell and Promethean Pet Enthusiast)