Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just do away with dispel in PVP

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 15, 2013
I'd like a show of thumbs of how many people agree that dispel just needs to be taken out of PVP altogether. Everyone sets for fire now, EVERYONE! Dispel is now pointless the way they have it. The first player is the only one that benefits from it. Just do away with it!

Survivor
May 31, 2009
If fire wins every match that it goes first by default it shouldn't have an easy time going second. The same argument could be used for efreet, except efreet is all schools and doesn't put up a "juju shield".

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
Jeremy Firestaff on Sep 8, 2018 wrote:
I'd like a show of thumbs of how many people agree that dispel just needs to be taken out of PVP altogether. Everyone sets for fire now, EVERYONE! Dispel is now pointless the way they have it. The first player is the only one that benefits from it. Just do away with it!
The same argument can't be made for efreet. Efreet costs 8 pips, juju cost 4. I can't sit and spam efreet like death spammed juju. At most in a sequence of attacks, with a perfect set of pips, I can attack you twice with efreet, where was you could put up 4 juju's, not at all the same.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
I think ranked pvp , not tours should have no pets no treasure cards at all deck only no reshuffle cards also. That way it’s fair game for all. Also player 1 on each team should play a hand of Rock Paper Scissors to see who goes first. Dispelling is fine.