Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-7-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It's been an amazing week around here, and I just wanted to cap it off with a new topic...

This week, I'd like to celebrate our 10th anniversary with a little more reminiscing (indulge me, you only get to turn TEN once, right?). In a recent interview with MMORPG, we talked about some of our favorite moments. I'd like to turn the question right back to you. What was your FAVORITE moment in the Spiral in the last 10+ years? I say 10+ recognizing that some of you have been with us longer, since Alpha or Beta testing. Please share with us, we'd love to hear it!

Have a fantastic Friday and a celebratory weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
For me it would have to be defeating malistaire for the very first time

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
Favorite part of the game? Most definitely the graphics update that happened recently and when they made the dispel shields in PvP haha!

Also random suggesting; why not make the craftable Khyrsalis wands like Eye of Darkness tradable? Stat-wise they aren't the best but they look absolutely amazing. Maybe something to consider?

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Sep 7, 2018 wrote:
Hello Wizards! It's been an amazing week around here, and I just wanted to cap it off with a new topic...

This week, I'd like to celebrate our 10th anniversary with a little more reminiscing (indulge me, you only get to turn TEN once, right?). In a recent interview with MMORPG, we talked about some of our favorite moments. I'd like to turn the question right back to you. What was your FAVORITE moment in the Spiral in the last 10+ years? I say 10+ recognizing that some of you have been with us longer, since Alpha or Beta testing. Please share with us, we'd love to hear it!

Have a fantastic Friday and a celebratory weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
  • Avalon, learning about ol Merly Ambrose!

• Darkmoor was also very fun, hopefully we will get to see the whole world one day! Speaking of which, the sickles in the castle that fly back in forth preventing you access was a nice little detail! What would be cool if in the future we had more of that only, we actually took damage for getting hit, it would be just like The way of the ninja pig game in the pet pavilion!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Asking us to list the most favorite memory is sort of like asking us to pinpoint our favorite pet. How does one chose only ONE?!

Anyway, the list of highlights I can appreciate from having played since August 2009 (original wizard now lost to the mists)...

These were the moments that meant the most to my first wizard, Miranda:

Mounts! They were released when she was in Dragonspyre and boy was she glad to get a broom and get around those endless streets faster. Also whenever the teleporters for Marleybone, Mooshu and Dragnospyre came out - was the same time as mounts?

When the crafting quests reduced from five items to two. Such a relief! Otherwise, Miranda would have spent weeks (months, years!) patrolling Dragonspyre in order to obtain 75 diamonds. And there weren't any transmutes in those days. Yikes!

Defeating Malestaire in October 2009 and running around as a Grandmaster wizard wearing Mali gear. Woo, I felt so special back then!

For my more recent wizards:

My Storm, Sierra Stormcaller, winning a Storm Hound pet from Malestaire back in 2010. I screamed.

Starting a Fire wizard in March 2010 and being able to craft the Watchtower Hall by May 2010. This was before gardening came out!

Rescuing Selena Gomez from King Thermadore.

"Graduating" from Wizard City and heading off to the Arcanum for further study.

Finally defeating Rat-spew-a-ton of minions after something like 30 failed tries.

Just about everything in Mirage, which is probably my favorite world so far in terms of storytelling.

I've only been playing this game for 9.2 years, but it's been an amazing ride so far.

Alia Misthaven

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Picking just one would be impossible.

But in general it's the part in Avalon with the tapestries and the part in Azteca with the stones where you learn the history. It's so moving to get it in such detail and drama and both such different experiences for the same function.

I also really enjoyed the Selena Gomez quest.

Thank you, everyone, for so much enjoyment over these years.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Just one? You mean like which is my favorite pizza? my favorite flavor of ice cream? my favorite Star Trek series?

Cannot be done.

I love the first look at each new world.

I loved graduation day.

I love questing with my now grown children (we could only afford one family account 9 years ago).

I love the more complex worlds of Avalon, Mirage, Celestia, and others that further the mythos and yet provide a completely new glimpse of the spiral.

I love the reliance on pop culture references

Thank you for a game that appeals to folks across the age spectrum.

Steven Ghoststalker

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Wow, I've enjoyed it all. Peak for me live was probably first time defeating Morganthe at the end of KY. The whole world was so charged -- we were finally gaining on the baddies after they ran us around for 2 1/2 worlds, then the whole series of bosses near the end -- awesome!

Cheat testing new content is always a blast though -- great times with my Merc and Duelist friends, especially the original full-strength versions of DM, AZ and Mirage bosses.

Other highlights:
First time doing Nastrond, DS Mali, and Waterworks with my kids.
Graveyard run on KI live.

Thanks for everything! The game keeps getting better.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2018
When I was a kid, (tragically dumber, lolol) I was so excited when I finally got to Grizzelheim. I don't know why I guess I liked the bears.

Administrator
These are great memories, Wizards! I really appreciate you sharing them with us. A new topic shall be posted shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea