Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 kicks me out for no reason?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
For some unknown reason, whenever I try logging onto Wizard101, I can only get to the character screen without my game freezing. The strange thing is, it doesn't give me an error message, and the server is not under maintenance. I've been having this problem for quite a few months now, and I've tried different tactics but they never seem to permanently work. Is there something wrong with the game or is there something wrong with my computer?

I would really like to get back to playing Wizard101 sometime soon!

Darby UnicornFlower 125
Darby SeaCloud 45
Darby StarWraith 24
Genevieve RoseStone 17
Darby 12

Explorer
Aug 07, 2014
I seem to be having a similar problem.

Get into the game okay, try to setup my new Amber Estate and then the connection is lost.

Nothing wrong with computer or my network connection that I know of. But am rather miffed that I can not get decent access.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Does it show "not responding?" when the game freezes? If so, know that my older computer (Windows 8.1) did that also ... but I just waited patiently and after a minute or so then my wizard would load. It may be that you just need to wait a little longer before giving up.

If that's not the issue, then I'd suggest you contact support directly and see if they can help you troubleshoot. You can get to them by clicking the "Help?" icon in the upper right corner of this page.

Good luck,

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
I would say something is wrong with your computer as the game works fine from my computer and many others as you can see them in game. Some things you can try are:

Defrag or optimize your hard drive (optimize is for SSD’s)
Update graphics card or drivers.
Uninstall and reinstall the game. (You should not lose anything as everything is kept on the games servers)
If your using windows 10 keep it updated. If using an older version if it’s still supported update it as well.

Not sure what else you could do other than the above as game does have a bit of lag but that is usually only during gardening right now which I think they are already looking into. The rest of the game seems to be working perfectly.
Good luck. Hope you figure it out.