Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please add this tip! :)

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I would love it if KI would add a tip at the end of Farley's gardening tutorial that says something like:

"Remember young gardener, needs are triggered when you visit your garden. Seeing to triggered needs then leaving the area before logging out will prevent wilting while you are offline!"

I hear so many wizards have given up on gardening or are struggling to manage their garden because they are not leaving the area before logging off - which tricks the area into behaving as if you are there. It's useful if you choose to leave them to trigger the next stage as soon as it reaches it, but for most occasions the player hasn't chosen to use it that way and they worry about wilting.

Before someone kindly told me about it, I would sometimes fail to log back in quickly enough. Seeing my brown, viney, sad-faced potatoes...I could smell the neglect!

Please add this tip so players know that managing their gardens can be easy and they don't need to worry about them while they are offline

Anyone else think this would be a useful addition? Did you ever have plants wilt because you didn't know this? How long were you gardening before you heard this tip?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Aug 22, 2018 wrote:
I would love it if KI would add a tip at the end of Farley's gardening tutorial that says something like:

"Remember young gardener, needs are triggered when you visit your garden. Seeing to triggered needs then leaving the area before logging out will prevent wilting while you are offline!"

I hear so many wizards have given up on gardening or are struggling to manage their garden because they are not leaving the area before logging off - which tricks the area into behaving as if you are there. It's useful if you choose to leave them to trigger the next stage as soon as it reaches it, but for most occasions the player hasn't chosen to use it that way and they worry about wilting.

Before someone kindly told me about it, I would sometimes fail to log back in quickly enough. Seeing my brown, viney, sad-faced potatoes...I could smell the neglect!

Please add this tip so players know that managing their gardens can be easy and they don't need to worry about them while they are offline

Anyone else think this would be a useful addition? Did you ever have plants wilt because you didn't know this? How long were you gardening before you heard this tip?
I never knew that! I always checked my garden first thing when logging on, then left my house to play.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2015