Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WHY??? Waterworks gear problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
What in the world? I've done the waterworks 8 times now (and completed it) and I still don't have any waterworks gear! Why? Someone I know got one of them like the fourth time they did it! (I think it was the robes)
Please answer, I don't know if anything is wrong with the game or not.

- Gavin Shade, level 69 (Almost level 70!!)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
trevor track16 on Aug 18, 2018 wrote:
What in the world? I've done the waterworks 8 times now (and completed it) and I still don't have any waterworks gear! Why? Someone I know got one of them like the fourth time they did it! (I think it was the robes)
Please answer, I don't know if anything is wrong with the game or not.

- Gavin Shade, level 69 (Almost level 70!!)
I feel your frustration! My main life wizzy farmed WW like mad for months before I gave up on getting her the boots. I eventually got them while helping some lower levels farm it for their gear when I was maxed lol.

My main storm got everything in 4 runs (my daughter got her full set in the first 2) - the rng luck was definitely on our side that day!

It's very hit and miss with drops and I'm sorry you're finding it frustrating. Keep trying though, the game is working and the gear is exceptionally good. It will see you through to level 100, so it's worth persisting. Having done the dungeon multiple times already you're probably not really there for the dungeon, just for the drops. It might be worth seeing if you can find a high level friend who is happy to do some speed runs with you.

Your determination will pay off and the gear is still good for your wizard even though you're 10 levels above it already. Good luck and keep the faith!

Community Leader
No, nothing is wrong its just luck of the drop. Your chances increase when you follow the rules of the battle and if you are useful to your team in battle. Keep trying, you will get it! Amber Ravynsong

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Ravynlea on Aug 20, 2018 wrote:
No, nothing is wrong its just luck of the drop. Your chances increase when you follow the rules of the battle and if you are useful to your team in battle. Keep trying, you will get it! Amber Ravynsong
Sorry to have to say this, but your chances don't increase by following the rules of the battle or being useful. The drop chances are identical no matter what you do as long as you are still alive and in the battle circle when the boss is defeated and the battle ends.

Lydia Greyrose quote:

"It's exactly the same.
You have an x% chance of getting a certain item from a creature when you duel solo.
You have an x% chance of getting a certain item from a creature when you duel with friends.
Your friends have the exact same x% chance of getting the item, and that % chance is not affected by the presence of other players in the duel circle with you"

There are a lot of myths about having to hit, not being able to flee (although fleeing after an enemy that gives drops will result in no drops from that enemy), having to do much higher damage to kill than the displayed health points, doing it solo v with friends etc. They've been clarified as false by KI and drops rates are unaffected as long as you're in the battle circle and alive when the battle ends and were present for the defeat of the enemies.

I've battled as a life wizard who never hit and still got drops. I've also taken my low level wizards places where they can not survive and only ran them into battle on the kill round to get drops - they got them too

I hope this helps because even though it's saying there is no way to increase our drop chance, it's also saying there is no way to decrease our chances too.