Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-17-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, and it's time for a new topic! Let's get to it, shall we?

Sparck and I are planning out our next KI Live. This week, we'd like to ask a few questions about the show: do you watch KI Live (either live or posted later on YouTube)? If so, what would you like to see in the coming months? Is there a segment or feature you'd like us to include that we don't already? We want to know what you'd like to see!

Looking forward to your thoughts! Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I sometimes watch the KI Live. What I find I do more often is listen to ONLY the W101 part of it, because that's all I play. Perhaps you could split the KI Live into sections in the description, where it says at what time, what game is being discussed.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I watch it live whenever there's not a schedule conflict.

For some reason, I have a craving for seeing a time-lapse of something being modeled, like a monster, or a zone.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2014
Here's an idea! What if you guys switched roles with the audience? Instead of us asking questions before and during KI Live you ask a twitter question and on stream read off your favorite answers. You could even incorporate a Feedback Friday theme into it somehow.

On another note I feel it would be good to upgrade the stream scene to show the questions on it when people ask them.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2015
I ALWAYS watch KI Live about Wiz updates and whatnot - considering I don't play Pirate101 or have any apps besides Grub Guardian - although I don't often get to see KI Live, well... live, so I always usually catch it on Youtube.
But on Wiz specifically, I'd like to see some sneak peaks for future graphics updates to the rest of wizard city and other early worlds.
Also maybe something for some new outfits or mounts?

Survivor
Jan 03, 2014
Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
A few amazing people have already mentioned it on Twitter, but I'll mention it here again.. A W101/P101 Family-Friendly Event Segment where family-friendly events that will take place in-game are promoted. There are many great people out there that put a lot of work into events for the community, so seeing a segment like that would be so awesome to see.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2017
Yup it's always interesting watching KI live and also are you aware that the feature that clears all TCs from your deck isn't working?

Survivor
Dec 12, 2012
I watch it every time love it. Was wondering if they will ever give us a new school seat in our class room at the beginning. Been playing since game came out so I have to delete one of my schools just to keep playing. You are always close to my heart hugs

Hero
May 27, 2009
I try to watch it Live, but sometimes have to wait for the video. I really enjoy the interviews and seeing hints from Decius for new pet hybrids, what I don't particularly see the need for is the recap of the sales and specials from the previous month. Most of us who watch are pretty regular players, so we're aware of what just went on, so we want more news and stuff rather than repetition.

It's nice to see some game play, and maybe it will be interesting to get Sparck's viewpoint as a new player rather than Dworgyn's experienced hand at things. Falmea? Play on your Wizard/Pirate? Show off your own gear and castles?

Too many screenshots at the end, maybe consider running a slide show of them on the monitor behind you during the show rather than clicking through them... just a thought.

Just curious -- Why wasn't this Feedback Friday offered to Pirate101 players on that site's message board?

Survivor
Jul 22, 2014
I am watching every single Ki live since 2011 (when I created my first accoult) and I love all of them. In the next Ki live I would like to see more about what are you planning for the future like graphic improvements in the whole Wizard City .

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
No, I do not watch KI live.

Like the Facebook feed, You Tube buries all W101 stuff.

Perhaps if there was a thread on the boards accessible only to you and Sparck where you could post the links to the YouTube videos, it'd be in a place where I'm certain to see the link.

Also for the life of me, I don't think I've ever seen a notification anywhere about KI Live times.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
I definitely watch KI live. You guys are so amazing! If I had to choose something for you to feature, it would be tiny hints of future updates without giving away any spoilers

Daniel

Survivor
Nov 08, 2016
I watch KI live and love it i wish someone can could cover the pet kiosk as i try to hatch pet i don't have but seem to always get the same pet and alot of people say pedigree dosn't matter is that true?

I dont have twitter and use facebook would be ni if you could take questions from it to.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
I love watching KI Live when I can! Since Sparck said he liked housing, why not do a segment where you show off a few of the top rated houses on tours? Or maybe instead we could submit photos of our best homes?

On another note I would love to see more concept art from over the years, and little behind the scenes information about the inspiration for a character or location, maybe even do an interview with someone on the art team to explain what they do.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Area51Alien on Aug 18, 2018 wrote:
No, I do not watch KI live.

Like the Facebook feed, You Tube buries all W101 stuff.

Perhaps if there was a thread on the boards accessible only to you and Sparck where you could post the links to the YouTube videos, it'd be in a place where I'm certain to see the link.

Also for the life of me, I don't think I've ever seen a notification anywhere about KI Live times.

Steven Ghoststalker
I echo strongly with Area51Alien here. I don't always like it for that reason. I usually am unavailable during the actual time and never actually know when it's going to be. YouTube has been the bane of my existence because the KingsIsle channel originally was the only one where I explicitly told YouTube to send me notifications and I feel like that it was the only channel that NEVER told me when you had posted. It's really quite dumb YouTube because it sends me things for "recommended" or "New" that either I don't care to be notified about or have already seen (had a video that had been out for two days then decide to tell me that the channel had just posted), but main issue is I ask to be notified about KI Live and it never seems to tell me. I don't know if you're trying to keep it small or what, but it would be really great if you could put when KI Live was scheduled like as a headmaster's announcement or something...

I agree with whoever said that it's kind of pointless to hear about bundles/sales that are now over- I feel like it would be better to tease what may be coming instead. I also for me personally, dislike livestreams because I feel like they are too long and unplanned. I get that some people like the interaction, but at the same time I personally feel like "Okay, get to the point."

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I try to watch KI Live when I can but frequently forget because it's a weekday and 10pm our time. My daughter rarely watches it because it's too late and too long for a school night.

I have watched them on YouTube and enjoy watching the old ones from before my time (and before I knew about KI Live) to get an idea of the journey W101 has taken

I think a great incentive to players to watch KI Live and join in with it would be if the codes were time limited instead of number limited. Especially for the many players who can not watch things live or immediately on upload - not just players from outside the USA, but those who work, have school or have extra curricular activities often miss out. You do promote doing homework before wizarding!

I'd love to see more behind the scenes things. How ideas within your team are suggested, discussed, decided on and then brought to the Spiral would be really interesting. Sped up versions of the animation process would be EPIC

I also love the fan art! I can't draw for toffee and it's lovely to see how talented the community is. Most of these beautiful pictures and ideas are from such young players and they're so impressive!

I'd also like to see W101, P101 and mobile games given different time slots instead of jumping between them. Perhaps there is a way to make sure everyone gets teasers for them all without having to watch through game play and discussion of an MMO we don't play?

I always love teasers and hints about hybrids, yet to be discovered things already in game and, of course, upcoming additions to the game. Cryptic clues but not toooo cryptic please! It's cheeky to say, but a couple of hints for undiscovered hybrids would be very welcomed after the basilisk

Thank you for these threads and giving us the opportunity to share our thoughts and ideas. Thank you for taking the time to listen to us

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I don't ever know when the KI Live events are on. Once in a blue moon, YouTube will "suggest" a KI Live that already posted - but that's pretty rare. For some reason, YouTube is way better at alerting me to Skelemystic or BlazeLifehammer's latest content than KI. Usually I get my news from them, and that's when I know to go hunting for the latest KI Live.

I watch them when I know about them, but I probably miss more than I catch. Maybe you could put a notice about an upcoming KI Live on the launch screen...?

As for content I'd like to see, I echo what others have said. Hearing about stuff that already happened is not useful. Instead, how about a rundown of events that are coming in the near future. For example, sales you're going to have during the next 30 days; member benefits coming up and what days they'll be in effect; new items or content releases that are going to appear in the game soon, etc. Even if you can't commit to an exact date for sales or new items (I get it, software releases can be stalled by bugs and such), just a notice to keep a look out for ____ this month is helpful to those who might want to plan their time and cash flow around sales or member benefits.

As always, thanks for asking us these questions! It's great to know our opinions matter.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
djlaster001 on Aug 18, 2018 wrote:
I watch it every time love it. Was wondering if they will ever give us a new school seat in our class room at the beginning. Been playing since game came out so I have to delete one of my schools just to keep playing. You are always close to my heart hugs
This request is one the most popular ones. I often see a new post a few time a week about those wanting a 7th wizard or 2 if the game requires an even number. I too would like to see another one added to the 6 so I don't have to delete one to keep playing.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Freshta on Aug 23, 2018 wrote:
I don't ever know when the KI Live events are on. Once in a blue moon, YouTube will "suggest" a KI Live that already posted - but that's pretty rare. For some reason, YouTube is way better at alerting me to Skelemystic or BlazeLifehammer's latest content than KI. Usually I get my news from them, and that's when I know to go hunting for the latest KI Live.

I watch them when I know about them, but I probably miss more than I catch. Maybe you could put a notice about an upcoming KI Live on the launch screen...?

As for content I'd like to see, I echo what others have said. Hearing about stuff that already happened is not useful. Instead, how about a rundown of events that are coming in the near future. For example, sales you're going to have during the next 30 days; member benefits coming up and what days they'll be in effect; new items or content releases that are going to appear in the game soon, etc. Even if you can't commit to an exact date for sales or new items (I get it, software releases can be stalled by bugs and such), just a notice to keep a look out for ____ this month is helpful to those who might want to plan their time and cash flow around sales or member benefits.

As always, thanks for asking us these questions! It's great to know our opinions matter.

Alia Misthaven
" how about a rundown of events that are coming in the near future". I second that request!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I make a point to catch every KI Live the day it's on live. If I miss it, I watch it on Youtube. I would like to see the Wizards be able to place Treasure card in Share Bank and be able to trade reagents. One addition request: Please make the 1 and 7 day mount timer stop when you logoff. Thank you.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
hey you, I was one of the 3000 that watched your KI live production. yes i saw you pass out the 10,000 crown prizes to those that you answered ( 10 or a little more if i im not mistaken as you ran well over your time allotment) really, i do not know,
what i do know is of the millions of players that you announced (major WOW), there were only 3000 people the watching the live broadcast at any given time.
now what would be amazing to me at least, would be something for you to gift 10,000 crowns to them, don't you think professor falmea? just hoping you can consider your KI fan base.
also, how is it possible that so many appear to be friended with all of you guys?
my wife and i ( who actually met through this game over 2500 miles apart if you could believe it), would really feel more part of the game would we be able to befriend all of you.
will you please please please tell us who to look for in game? that is, if it isn't somewhere in these numerous posts? at any rate, my wife and i have been, and will continue to be very loyal customers of KI.
sorry for posting on last weeks thread, this weeks thread is not up yet.
please help us know who you guys are in game, i will be looking for you to reply.
again, thank you for providing a safe and kid rated fantasy exit from life's realities

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I would like to add one more thing. Please add a feature to turn the victory dance . I rather not dance after a battle. Thank you.

Explorer
May 13, 2018
Patrick Ravenbane on Aug 31, 2018 wrote:
I would like to add one more thing. Please add a feature to turn the victory dance . I rather not dance after a battle. Thank you.
Yeah, the only way to not dance is to have a mount om

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on Aug 31, 2018 wrote:
I forgot to the say word, "off" after Victory Dance. oops.