Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Teaming up, but not a team

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2013
Not sure where to put this, but here goes

I’m not sure how many other wizards can relate to this, but I’ve noticed that in the Aquila dungeons, team up doesn’t do anything.

To clarify, I’ve been trying to queue up for Hades all day, in hopes of snagging some sweet level 90 gear for my storm wizard. Every time I join team up though, the entire group is only interested in Cronus.

Every
Single
Time

I spent a greater half of the day trying to find a group to actually do the dungeon but either my luck with teams is horrible, or nobody is doing it anymore.

I’ve noticed it with Gladiator in Mount Olympus as well, and I figure it happens just about anywhere with special/secret bosses

I’m all for people farming who they want, but when I get paired with people who have no interest in doing the actual dungeon, and then get locked out for 10 minutes or otherwise forced to wait, it’s pretty disappointing. I’m not sure how something like this might be fixed other than giving bosses like Glad and Cronus their own sigils, or any other way to weed out people going for the one boss, but maybe that’s going too far.

TL;DR Teaming up for certain dungeons turns more into teaming up for that one special boss, wasting the time of those who want to do the actual dungeon.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
HuskyRuski on Aug 12, 2018 wrote:

I’m not sure how many other wizards can relate to this, but I’ve noticed that in the Aquila dungeons, team up doesn’t do anything.

To clarify, I’ve been trying to queue up for Hades all day, in hopes of snagging some sweet level 90 gear for my storm wizard. Every time I join team up though, the entire group is only interested in Cronus.

Every
Single
Time

I spent a greater half of the day trying to find a group to actually do the dungeon but either my luck with teams is horrible, or nobody is doing it anymore.

I’ve noticed it with Gladiator in Mount Olympus as well, and I figure it happens just about anywhere with special/secret bosses

I’m all for people farming who they want, but when I get paired with people who have no interest in doing the actual dungeon, and then get locked out for 10 minutes or otherwise forced to wait, it’s pretty disappointing. I’m not sure how something like this might be fixed other than giving bosses like Glad and Cronus their own sigils, or any other way to weed out people going for the one boss, but maybe that’s going too far.

TL;DR Teaming up for certain dungeons turns more into teaming up for that one special boss, wasting the time of those who want to do the actual dungeon.
If you still need to do Hades, I have that quest on my list as well. We can set up a time and place to meet and cross this one off.

To anyone from KI who happens to read this.

This is not a complaint but rather something that needs to be looked at. Is there ANY way on dungeons of this nature where there is one area that wizards are constantly wanting to farm as opposed to doing the full dungeon, where the dungeon entrance can be moved and the "secret" boss not be in the way?

Or make the secret boss be a separate dungeon?

Or have the different queue on the kiosk? Hades - Cronus only Darkmoor - Graveyard only

If I had a buck for every time I've been at either of these dungeons only to have someone ask if the we were doing the whole dungeon, well I could afford a whole year subscription.

Steven Ghoststalker
108 Ravenwood Graduate

Survivor
Jul 08, 2016

Every
Single
Time

Hello. I have dealt this Issue before multiple times, but it's pretty easy to Counter. Simply just bring along a few Max Friends or People Level 90+, and that should resolve the Issue. If your Friends do not help you, simply just ask People in The Commons (with a Membership) to help you, and that should fix your Problem.

Andrew DuneSword - 125

Explorer
Oct 04, 2012

Every
Single
Time

I understand your struggle but it may take time to find a team. For example no one really does the first part of darkmoor after doing it once. It took me some time to find a group.

I can relate with Hades finding a group can be a bit difficult.

But in all honestly you just have to get lucky and hope people do Hades.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Im done with the current game but I agree completely. Everyone that teams up for hades are 98% people that just want Cronus. What I think they should do is split this dungeon and take Cronus out. There is a cave in the area that I think was used for another boss long ago that was removed. I think they should put Cronus in there and make it a seperate dungeon from Hades. This would stop the problem as only people that want to do hades would team up for it.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
The secret bosses within a dungeon could have a team up function right next to where you go in to fight them. A sigil within a dungeon. This would prevent mistakes of two choices on the main sigil and the clutter of squeezing in 2 sigils outside. It would solve a lot of these frustrations for both those who request help and those who are happy to help. I really hope KI consider adding sigils for the side bosses who hang out in dungeons! Pleeeeease KI!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I think all Skeleton Key Bosses should be separate from Dungeon to void help mix ups like Victoria FireHeart said:" This would solve lot of these frustrations for both those who request help and those who are happy to help". Going to the Commons or Old Town looking for help doesn't always cut it.