Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Calling on the Carpet.

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Yesterday I was questing in Khrysalis. My normal questing buddies were not online.

I am at the Shadow Palace. My quest was to defeat Morganthe's guards. I had put in the request for a team up and had been waiting for the better part of ten minutes. No one answered my plea. Suddenly I get a chat call. Someone standing next to me was asking if I needed help with the dungeon. I replied that I did. He said he had friends who would help. I canceled the team up request and quickly noticed that I was the only life wizard in this group.

I got on the pad and we entered the dungeon. I asked if the folks would prefer me to hit or heal. Getting a one word reply of heal, I went to switch decks. By the time, I had gotten "back" the other three had left the dungeon.

Ok, I'm a big boy. I can handle some frustration. But all I could think about was what if I had been much much younger, waiting patiently for help on this dungeon only to have that snarky little stunt pulled on me.

8-year old me would probably have quit the game for a long while unable to handle the hurt of the dashed expectations that a group of trolls thought was probably pretty funny.

Really? With all the good people I've met on the boards, quested through the game, hatched pets with, all it took was one group of trolls to ruin my mood for the day.

As I said, I'm a big boy. My kids play. My daughter plans on teaching her new baby to play wizards as soon as the little tyke understands keyboard basics. We don't need trolls playing this game. I wish I had caught the names of this group but they bugged out before I could write anything down.

I encourage any of the decent wizards reading this long-winded diatribe to do you best to make the Spiral a fun place for wizards of all ages.

Steven Ghoststalker

Currently stuck in the Shadow Palace.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2012
I understand your pain in some way.

When I started the graveyard in darkmoor on my death for the second time I joined in with a random group of people.

This one guy called me a noob because of my gear at the time. I was frustrated because not only did he leave I had to wait 10 minutes for my team up to refresh.

Its not me fault I had waterworks gear and the low tier dark moor wand at the time.