Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Victoria Fireheart - Ice pet

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I'm not having any luck hatching a nice Ice pet. You seem to know a lot about all the animals so I'm coming to you. My ice girl Iridian is running with an ice cat right now. Her sister Sydney has a Phoenix and sister Alexis has a Thunderbird . I guess you could say I like the winged ones. I've never seen a Frost Falcon or an Ice Hawk so I've kinda been eyeing the dragons. Not sure. Must have Spritely; would really like it if it may cast Ice Blades. After that, Critical help, both strike and defend. More pip chance, gold ingots, a couple emeralds..........sorry. Wrong order. I tried to hatch the cat with the saber tooth lion-looking guy but still come out with a cat with no talents. Any help would be great.

Sydney Skyblook lvl 96 Incindiari
Alexis Dawnbreaker lvl 74 Storm
Iridian Icewalker lvl 52 Ice

Survivor
Sep 08, 2015
My advice may be unsolicited since it seems like you're asking for a specific player's help, however, if you want a pet with maycast Iceblade, power pip chance, and Spritely- I recommend training up a Starfish pet, from the vendors in Celestia. Of course it's not certain you'll get these talents, but the chance is still there. If you get the talents from the starfish pet, you can always breed the starfish pet with your Icecat, or a pet of your choice. It will probably take a lot of training and pet games. Alternatively, you can continue breeding your ice cat with pets of your choice. I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by getting a cat with no talents. If it's at baby, then you'll have to train the cat.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I had no clue about a starfish from Celestia. I'll check it out.

When I've leveled a pet up to adult and it still only may cast a one pip spell that will be no help to me in a duel is what I meant by "no talent".

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
colocrys on Aug 9, 2018 wrote:
I'm not having any luck hatching a nice Ice pet. You seem to know a lot about all the animals so I'm coming to you. My ice girl Iridian is running with an ice cat right now. Her sister Sydney has a Phoenix and sister Alexis has a Thunderbird . I guess you could say I like the winged ones. I've never seen a Frost Falcon or an Ice Hawk so I've kinda been eyeing the dragons. Not sure. Must have Spritely; would really like it if it may cast Ice Blades. After that, Critical help, both strike and defend. More pip chance, gold ingots, a couple emeralds..........sorry. Wrong order. I tried to hatch the cat with the saber tooth lion-looking guy but still come out with a cat with no talents. Any help would be great.

Sydney Skyblook lvl 96 Incindiari
Alexis Dawnbreaker lvl 74 Storm
Iridian Icewalker lvl 52 Ice
I'm not really sure what pool you are looking for, it sounds like quite a collection of less popular talents so may be difficult to find already made.

I'd advise looking in the kiosk at some of the ice pets you like and finding something with good stats and talents you'd like to achieve. Max stat is 255 250 260 260 250 but you don't need them to be max to make a helpful pet. The higher the stat bars, the higher the percentages on damages, criticals and resists etc. Avoid hatching with something that has lower stats than your pet, try to always improve as you hatch

When you find something nice, make a note of its name so you can find it in the kiosk again. Hatch with it and train it to adult, then use the new adult to hatch again...keep repeating this until you can see your talent pool has changed to have their nice talents there too. Your stat bars will increase with each hatch too

When you're happy with the stats and pool make one more so you end up with 2 nice ones at adult. Hatch them together and train the babies until one of the babies gives you the combo you want.

If you'd like me to list some ice pets I have available then let me know. I'll either put the one you choose into the kiosk and keep it there as long as you need, or I can meet in person if it can't be added. I don't have the talents you've mentioned but I'm happy to hatch and help you if you like what I have.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Thank you Victoria. All good advice. My fire wizard sister found a Cerrulean Dragon in her attic so I've been training him up. Tried hatching him with a Fragmented Dragon with no traits passed. I'm kinda feeling that the 4 minute eggs are a basic repeat of what you brought. Now my ice girl needs to go out and conquer for a while to build up some cash. Thanks again for the advice and thanks for the offer to meet up. I will keep trying until I get that 20 hour egg.

Iridian Icewalker lvl 52

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
What kind of role does your wizard take on in battle? Tank, healer, damage etc?

Are you usually solo or in a group?

Are your battles usually long or short? Would having more defensive talents be more helpful?

If I have the answers to these questions I could pick a pet for you that will be helpful through the rest of your journey and I'm happy to help you make a copy of it

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Hi again Victoria,

I like to solo. Short duels are always my preference but it doesn't always turn out that way. If my pet can set blades for me and keep me alive I'm happy. The bonuses are pips and critical hits/defense. This cerulean dragon did bring me a unicorn last night so we're on the right path. I will continue to play and train. Thanks again for your help.

Iridian Icewalker lvl 53

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
colocrys on Aug 12, 2018 wrote:
Hi again Victoria,

I like to solo. Short duels are always my preference but it doesn't always turn out that way. If my pet can set blades for me and keep me alive I'm happy. The bonuses are pips and critical hits/defense. This cerulean dragon did bring me a unicorn last night so we're on the right path. I will continue to play and train. Thanks again for your help.

Iridian Icewalker lvl 53
I'm not sure I've been any help!

I have some lovely ice pets I am happy to share with you if you like. Maybe we could look at your stats and see what would work best for you? Will you be getting waterworks gear at level 60?

I have damages, criticals, wards, heals...pips I'd jewel instead of using a fixed talent by manifesting it because you'll be unlikely to need them later on. Blades usually only cast after a hit has been made so they usually require multiple hits to be useful and they're unreliable as a strategy. I'd recommend using a body type that gives a blade card that can be stacked with your trained and TC blades

It's up to you and if you're happy with what you're doing and what you've got then that is great...but if you'd like to hatch I'm happy to share and we can look at what combo I have would be most useful to you long term. I have most (all?) main combos

If you don't want to go into your stats here we can arrange to meet in game and look at them together there instead

Either way, I hope you get a pet you're really happy with! Happy hatching and questing!

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Thank you Victoria, I would love your advice. I'm on Mountain Time always in the Centaur realm. Name the place and time.

Iridian Icewalker

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
colocrys on Aug 14, 2018 wrote:
Thank you Victoria, I would love your advice. I'm on Mountain Time always in the Centaur realm. Name the place and time.

Iridian Icewalker
Hiya

Sorry for the delay replying, I've got pneumonia so I've been pretty rubbish this week. As long as it continues to get better I'll be on this weekend and next week again too

I'm 7 hours ahead of you so weekend is probably the easiest for meeting up, unless you're able to get on during your day time in the week. What's your usual availability?

Let me know when you'll be in the Spiral over the next week and I'll let you know some times I can meet when you're available then you can turn up to the first one you see once it's gone through moderation

Just a quick check too - do you have text chat in game or are you on menu chat? It's fine either way but if you're menu chat it will be tricky to explain things in game so after meeting up and connecting we'll come back to this thread to share ideas for a suitable pet and the plan for how we'll make it for your wizard. If you have text chat we can do that in game

Let me know your availability and see you soon!

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I've been seeing all your posts about utilicorns so I know you've been busy.

Yesterday evening I hatched my cerulean dragon with a fractured (fragmented?) dragon and it hatches in about an hour. It this one works out I may not need your help. I'll train him up and see.

Hope you're feeling better. I've had family posted in Germany for the army. I understand the time difference.

Back to the training yard.

Iridian Icewalker lvl 57

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
colocrys on Aug 17, 2018 wrote:
I've been seeing all your posts about utilicorns so I know you've been busy.

Yesterday evening I hatched my cerulean dragon with a fractured (fragmented?) dragon and it hatches in about an hour. It this one works out I may not need your help. I'll train him up and see.

Hope you're feeling better. I've had family posted in Germany for the army. I understand the time difference.

Back to the training yard.

Iridian Icewalker lvl 57
Bless you! Never worry about how many other hatches I have, I love helping with pets and have set up my accounts so I always have plenty of gold and even crowns available to reset my timer if multiple people all want hatches at the same time.

I've made tons of pets because I find it fun. My wizards use only a tiny fraction of them so they're only really worth the time and effort when they're shared!

Let me know how you get on and feel free to arrange to meet to hatch if you'd like to. I'm always happy to help when I can