Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Advice for ice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2018
I just started the game and I wanted to know tips for being an ice wizard. Like how to do more damage and how I should handle Krok. I especially want to know:

-What hoard and lore packs I should get
-What pet would be the most helpful for me
-What's the best gear I should get for each five levels
-If it is worth purchasing stuff from the crown shop instead of the bazaar
-Should I hatch my pets

If you have any other tips for me please share. Thank you.

Laura Rose lvl 16

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
xRoseee on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:
I just started the game and I wanted to know tips for being an ice wizard. Like how to do more damage and how I should handle Krok. I especially want to know:

-What hoard and lore packs I should get
-What pet would be the most helpful for me
-What's the best gear I should get for each five levels
-If it is worth purchasing stuff from the crown shop instead of the bazaar
-Should I hatch my pets

If you have any other tips for me please share. Thank you.

Laura Rose lvl 16
in order
1. To do more damage, see if someone is willing to trade you monstrous TC
2. I suggest getting an ally to help with questing, otherwise things may go pretty slowly
3. Hoard/Lore packs are really just extra, at much higher levels the Jade Gear will be amazing but not worth it at your current level.
4. A pet that increases your damage and critical, and provides a cheap AOE (or you can use TCs for that ) until you get to level 26. Then a pet that gives an ice blade like Snow beast.
5. I dont know exact names of the best gear for every 5 levels, but from 60 to 99 waterworks tends to work just fine. And at level 100 Malistaire Darkmoore gear.
6. Up to you, but note stuff like the Jade Gear is exclusive to there.
7. YES YES AND YES, you cannot have a good pet without hatching.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Aug 8, 2018 wrote:
in order
1. To do more damage, see if someone is willing to trade you monstrous TC
2. I suggest getting an ally to help with questing, otherwise things may go pretty slowly
3. Hoard/Lore packs are really just extra, at much higher levels the Jade Gear will be amazing but not worth it at your current level.
4. A pet that increases your damage and critical, and provides a cheap AOE (or you can use TCs for that ) until you get to level 26. Then a pet that gives an ice blade like Snow beast.
5. I dont know exact names of the best gear for every 5 levels, but from 60 to 99 waterworks tends to work just fine. And at level 100 Malistaire Darkmoore gear.
6. Up to you, but note stuff like the Jade Gear is exclusive to there.
7. YES YES AND YES, you cannot have a good pet without hatching.
1) What hoard and lore packs I should get

See below for question 3.

2) What pet would be the most helpful for me

It's not about any particular pet, it's about the talents they can get. For a low level Ice, you need to get help with accuracy and damage, and maybe healing. For higher levels, it's best to get help with damage, critical, resist and again, healing.

Pets that give blades, traps or AoE hits are very good choices for low level wizards. Check out the hatching kiosk.

3) What's the best gear I should get for each five levels

Assuming you mean levels 0-50....

Crown packs:
General gear: I recommend Professor's Hoard, because boots and hats drop frequently from that pack. The wands are pretty great too, plus you have a solid chance at getting 7-day rental mounts or even a permanent one.

Wands: Terror's Hoard, Immortal's Lore or Road Warrior's Hoard. These wands help with damage, and the Immortals or Road Warriors have may-cast abilities. Really helpful.

Dungeon gear (is almost always better than crowns gear):
Kembaalung gear for level 25.
Mt Olympus Zeus gear for level 30
Barkingham Palace gear for level 40
Wintertusk crafted gear for level 55
Waterworks gear for level 60 OR House of Scales gear
Darkmoor gear for level 100

4) If it is worth purchasing stuff from the crown shop instead of the bazaar

Almost never. (Sorry, KI, but it's true.) Exception is housing and mounts, and maybe a mastery amulet (to let you use a second school). You can even buy some of them for gold. Houses are usually 100,000 gold. Some of the mounts are 50,000 gold.

5) Should I hatch my pets

Absolutely yes, see above. To get the best combination of talents, you'll need to hatch. That gets into a whole other mess of questions and tips, however. For help with pets, I suggest you head over to the pet board here or at Central and start reading.

Welcome!

Alia Misthaven, 124
Fiona Frostweaver, 88

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Had to chime in on this.

It's always great to see a new Thamaturge getting his/her wand ready to dose these foes with ice!

Professor Greyrose and I welcome you!

1. Packs?

This will tie into your gear but I do suggest tossing a few crowns on the Professor Hoard's Pack. The Ice Gear (especially the shoes) are excellent. Heck, I even recommend spending crowns on it every 10 levels just to upgrade your shoes. They're really that good.

About Bazaar and Crowns Gear. If the pack is failing to yield anything good after numerus attempts, the gear available at Bazaar will work just fine. Just use the level 20 henchmen if things gets a little too heated.

2. Pets?

Your pet will should work with you and not against you. Hence, I suggest narrowing your search to a pet providing an Iceblade Spell. Especially since you don't learn the spell until level 38 (solve this by purchasing TC's). That being said, pet talents are just as important. So, I suggest investing in a pet that will provide resistance (spell proof and/or defy), healing (Fairy Friend) and damage (Ice Dealer etc.)

3. Gear?

This ties into what I mentioned earlier.
But to elaborate a little.
Once you get to level 30, be prepared (mentally) to do some farming.
See Cyrus Drake to get you started on gaining access to Mount Olympus, a dungeon with worthwhile gear!
The gear can carry you all the way until level 56 where I recommend you craft the gear available in Sudrilund, Wintertusk.

Moving on, at level 60, you'll have two options; Waterworks or House of Scales. Both sets of gear vary slightly with the latter giving more critical (offensive if you will). It's just that you'll find more persons running the WW Dungeon, so it may be easier.
Even here, I still recommend the shoes from the Professor's Pack. It's that good!
Your wand will need updating too.

More to come..

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
  • Continuing.

The wand you gain at Mount Olympus can carry you until level 70. At this point, I suggest updating to one from either the:

• Immortal Lore's Pack
  • Road Warrior's Pack
  • Terror Hoard's Pack

Attempted Javascript Attack With COLOR

4. Crowns Gear?

Well otherwise from what we've laid out above, you might be better off investing in the gear found within the spiral.

However, I do recommend picking the Life Mastery up though!

As an , we lack our own forcing us to take a hand from to assist.

It's important that we are able to build on our defenses, which mean being able to heal ourselves and others.

So, train up to Satyr.

5. Hatch Pets?

Definitely! Try going for the pet(s) and talents I suggested earlier! Search the kiosk and keep at it. Pet training can be very costly and draining, but well worth it at the end!

* Additional Tips

* Purchase Iceblade and Feint Treasures from the Bazaar to assist you; very useful.

* Start Gardening! This activity will guarantee you a steady streamline of gold, treasures and even pet snacks!

*Start Crafting! Crafting unlocks many opportunities for your wizard including quests that requires you to craft and rewards training points!

*Do Side Quests - As an , it's important to stay one step ahead of the game. Do all sides to guarantee this.

*Buy Damage Enchants - Since we suffer in damage, let's do something to solve this. Buy Tough, Giant etc. enchant TC and enchant your cards before attacking. This goes a long way.

Post if you've anymore queries.

Good Luck! :D

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
For my ice wizard, I pretty much always tried to have as much sustain as possible. For arc one I normally found my self hiding behind a layer of shields. Make sure to get feint asap as it will help you get around ices' low damage. By khrysalis, my global defense was so high that I didn't really need to worry about enemies at all. I would just set up three blades, three feints, and kill any boss that stood before me. (With Dyvim I had global immunity XD and enemies in khrysalis don't have pierce) Ice is a pretty easy school for pve, you just need to have the patience to make it through many many long drawn out battles.