Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Damage Predictions

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 05, 2013
Hi,

I'm not quite sure if anyone has suggested this yet, but I really think the duel system should implement a way to see how much damage your attack will do before you actually do it. For example, if I were to use storm owl with a few blades, I'd want to see how much damage it could do before I actually attack. Also, I really think we should have a way to keep track of our buffs, particularly enchanted blades/traps.

Thanks.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Sarah Waterbreeze on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:
Hi,

I'm not quite sure if anyone has suggested this yet, but I really think the duel system should implement a way to see how much damage your attack will do before you actually do it. For example, if I were to use storm owl with a few blades, I'd want to see how much damage it could do before I actually attack. Also, I really think we should have a way to keep track of our buffs, particularly enchanted blades/traps.

Thanks.
That would be a nice addition sometimes! You can manually do it by doing a bit of math and using existing features in the game.

Did you know if you hover your mouse over your school symbol (or that of a enemy or ally) you can see what blades, traps etc are on them? Different types have different colors so you know if it's a TC feint or an item card version. You can use that to see what you have on already.

Finally, just use that information and your base damage to a quick calculation.

Say you have a Storm Owl that does 1000 damage. If you use a 30% Stormblade it will do an extra 30% so just do

1000*1.3=1300 damage.

Basically just convert the percent to a fraction and put a one in front 30% is .3 so you're doing an additional .3 of the 1000 so instead of doing 1000+1000*.3 I just do it in one step and do 1000*1.3.

You can use this process for multiple blades etc too. Say you have a 25% Balanceblade and a 30% Stormblade just do

1000*1.3*1.25=1625 damage!

See math is useful and fun! Let me know if I can help further!

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
Wow, I actually never noticed that school symbol thing. Thanks!

Yeah I know you can do it manually, it's just very hard if you've stacked a lot of blades/traps or if you're not sure whether to attack or not but there isn't enough time to do math.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Glad I could help! I know what you mean though and it would be nice if there was an easier way. I generally just keep a running total on my calculator that I have at hand though (of the multipliers) so when I do decide to attack I can just put in that number at the end.

Don't forget to count your damage too.