Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth buff?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2017
I really like the idea of summoning minions in combat to help you, which has made myth fun to play with, but they seem underwhelming compared to the other schools. Their health and damage aren’t anything amazing, but their specialty (minion summoning) is almost pointless. By the time you have a good minion summoned, most other schools would already be set up to clear all the enemies. Perhaps we could have a way to spawn our minion right as the battle starts? Am I the only one that thinks Myth needs a buff like that?

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
The buff that would help myth the most would be the first attack would take away the shield but not use up the traps

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
Sayaka115 on Aug 5, 2018 wrote:
I really like the idea of summoning minions in combat to help you, which has made myth fun to play with, but they seem underwhelming compared to the other schools. Their health and damage aren’t anything amazing, but their specialty (minion summoning) is almost pointless. By the time you have a good minion summoned, most other schools would already be set up to clear all the enemies. Perhaps we could have a way to spawn our minion right as the battle starts? Am I the only one that thinks Myth needs a buff like that?
You are not the only one to think that myth needs a buff. Their stats aren't as good as fire or storm in terms of hitting, and they don't have many strong utility spells except for shatter. A common suggestion I have seen is the ability to control one's minions and having more powerful spells that a minion is known for (for example, the fire elemental using smoke screen) less likely to appear in one's hand. I also think that some of the higher level minions need some better stats, or at least not have boosts. Currently, minions are only used rarely in pvp, and even then, are only used to take off shields.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Myth needs a survival battle rating buff while going solo. The class was good when the game had only the fist arc. But in the 2 arc, Myth slipped near the bottom to one of the weakest schools. Summoning Minions no longer cut it when every pip counts to survive in a tough battle. I'm thinking along the line of a craftable mid level range AOE spell perhaps "Noble Humongofrog: 6 pips; 75-525 damage over time to all enemies. That way those who say it's over powered don't have to get the spell. Stun spells such as Medusa and Basilisk needs to be more affected on bosses.

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Aug 20, 2018 wrote:
Myth needs a survival battle rating buff while going solo. The class was good when the game had only the fist arc. But in the 2 arc, Myth slipped near the bottom to one of the weakest schools. Summoning Minions no longer cut it when every pip counts to survive in a tough battle. I'm thinking along the line of a craftable mid level range AOE spell perhaps "Noble Humongofrog: 6 pips; 75-525 damage over time to all enemies. That way those who say it's over powered don't have to get the spell. Stun spells such as Medusa and Basilisk needs to be more affected on bosses.
The only problem I see is that some people aren't as good at crafting and would have to take some work to get to that. Myth has a problem currently with its power and I don't think crafting is the answer to it. I think they need to reinvent the school after the first arc. No sensible wizard uses minions after the 1st arc. Especially if you're in a team and they rely on you to hit. Either Myth needs a little bit better attack (like bumping Humongofrog from 325 hit to like 375-400). Or more frequent attacks like Minotaur but higher leveled (such as a 7 pip spell that does 100 attack at first and 725 the second), or something such as that. Most wizards aren't that good at crafting, and I think the answer lies in the actual spells being given to Myth, not crafted spells.

Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 115

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
DreamGalleon21154 on Aug 20, 2018 wrote:
The only problem I see is that some people aren't as good at crafting and would have to take some work to get to that. Myth has a problem currently with its power and I don't think crafting is the answer to it. I think they need to reinvent the school after the first arc. No sensible wizard uses minions after the 1st arc. Especially if you're in a team and they rely on you to hit. Either Myth needs a little bit better attack (like bumping Humongofrog from 325 hit to like 375-400). Or more frequent attacks like Minotaur but higher leveled (such as a 7 pip spell that does 100 attack at first and 725 the second), or something such as that. Most wizards aren't that good at crafting, and I think the answer lies in the actual spells being given to Myth, not crafted spells.

Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 115
Crafting spells is not hard if people know where to look for crafting components. It's not a problem, I think a craftable AOE Myth spell is the answers to a good start for strengthening Myth. Some spells just can not be given where there's no room to place them. Myth school already been created with the line of spells it has including 3 AOEs. Changing them around just to fit another AOE spell is more difficult and may upset lot of people. It's easier and less time consuming for KI to make one craftible. I do like your bumping Humongofrog and another split attack spell idea.